Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-01-2020, 03:12 AM   #61

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Forest River 2400R MBS
State: Missouri
THOR #13744
2019 Four Winds 24BL, bought new in June of this year. I worked on the first weekend fixing a few plumbing leaks and tidying up ALL the wiring underneath the coach. Since the we went on five short trips (4 days each) and about 1800 miles and all is good.

Had a 06 Winnebago and a 2011 Itasca before this one and they aren't that much better. I did save 50K over buying a comparable Winnie.

To answer your question. Yes, we are happy with our Thor Class-C.

Old 10-01-2020, 11:26 AM   #62

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria
State: New Jersey
THOR #17864
Just put 13K miles on our new 2020 Class A Thor Miramar 35.2. We had some very minor issues (many I just fixed) but I am very impressed with the overall quality of its fit and finish. Also, accessibility to it components is very good.

It's our second Thor RV and the first experience was the same.

So, YES! happy with Thor products. From the reading I see on this and other sites I do believe that Thor has gotten better over the past few years through perhaps instituting better quality control. Just a guess.
Blue Ox Tow Kit
Newf026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 12:53 PM   #63

Model: Chateau Sprinter
State: Texas
THOR #18768
We've had our Chateau 24 sprinter since the beginning of February and we love it. We have gone on at least two camping trips every month since then!! Yes, there are things that needed to be worked on, but it's nothing major and nothing we didn't expect. There will always be something to work on! We love the size of the rig and how easy it is to maneuver. We are very happy we went with the sprinter chassis. As others have said, don't let the negative reviews spoil your excitement about your rig! You'll discover more about it as you take the trips. Enjoy the journey
Old 10-01-2020, 03:25 PM   #64

Model: Chateau 23U
State: North Carolina
THOR #18547
Well, we just completed a 3 week trip from Boston area to Maine, (Acadia), NH and Vermont.
We purchased our Chateau 23U in January and this most recent trip makes it 96 nights this year! We have put 10,000 miles on the RV since purchase.
We are having a great time and the Chateau is perfect for us.
We are very happy.

Note: Lots of continual maintenance projects. Always something to adjust, clean, etc but ZERO days in the shop thanks to this forum!
Thank you to all who contribute and who patiently answer mine and others questions.
Charlotte, NC
JGallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 03:36 PM   #65
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I'll bet that the leaves looked pretty up there...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 04:50 PM   #66

Model: Chateau 23U
State: North Carolina
THOR #18547
Thanks for the reminder Bob.

The leaves were gorgeous and changed color extremely quickly, mostly due to the dry weather that we had this summer.
We also had a few below freezing nights in our travels!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9349.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	316.7 KB
ID:	26428  
Charlotte, NC
JGallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 06:19 PM   #67
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1601576381
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Gunny 02.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	26433  
Old 10-01-2020, 06:59 PM   #68

State: Oregon
THOR #15765
We have a 2019 Thor Freedom Elite 25he...Just got back from a 40 day 6700mi. road trip towing a Wrangler...Had a blast...It has the full wall slide and anything that needed attention I was able to handled it...Very minor things like drawers coming open, genset hidden reset switch, fresh water drain...Very minor things...It tows that 4100lb jeep like it's not even there...
We love our Class C...But she's wanting a Class A already...LOL
Old 10-01-2020, 07:28 PM   #69
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsberr View Post
...We love our Class C...But she's wanting a Class A already...LOL
That's how it happens...
Old 10-01-2020, 11:05 PM   #70

State: Florida
THOR #15410
It doesn't matter what you buy, or what brand. There will be issues with all. The best thing is make your decision and get through the first year. Then keep a drawer with misc parts tools, duct tape and zip ties. Then enjoy your time away.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:06 PM   #71

State: Arkansas
THOR #16239
I have mixed feelings regarding my Siesta Sprinter. I love driving it, I love that it gets 14-15 mpg, I love its size, etc. but for the price you pay, the quality of the finishes is terrible. I had wallpaper falling off, a crack in the control panel (obviously overtightened screw), decals coming off, A crack in the back fiberglass, etc. All covered under warranty but that was a pain in itself. Took almost a year to get everything fixed. I bought it new and expected it to be ready to roll when I picked it up. It was not. And, the Mercedes chassis Is great but when traveling across country, if you have engine problems, it is hard to find anyone qualified to work on them. All that said, most people I’ve talked to say they are all problems—you just need to know that when you buy one!
Old 10-01-2020, 11:08 PM   #72

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsberr View Post
We have a 2019 Thor Freedom Elite 25he...Just got back from a 40 day 6700mi. road trip towing a Wrangler...Had a blast...It has the full wall slide and anything that needed attention I was able to handled it...Very minor things like drawers coming open, genset hidden reset switch, fresh water drain...Very minor things...It tows that 4100lb jeep like it's not even there...
We love our Class C...But she's wanting a Class A already...LOL

I heard THAT! We had our FE for a total of 8 months before trading for a .class A. 8,000 excellent miles. It was a good learning curve for us and we did surprisingly well on the trade. Just remind yourself that the FE will never be worth more than it is right now. Enjoy your travels!!
Old 10-02-2020, 01:00 AM   #73

State: California
THOR #19337
Smile very happy

We are happy with our Thor Quantum 31LF, yes we had some issues and complaints but we are happy to have it.

We purchased a 26 ft at first but told them we wanted the ability to change our minds. They wrote that into the contract and we changed to the 31LF.

Doesn't get the mileage of the sprinter but we love the room, etc.

Our friends with Tiffin's also have issues and problems with the dealers. A couple drove from California to Alabama to the factory to get them fixed.
Old 10-02-2020, 12:45 PM   #74

State: Arkansas
THOR #20231
Happy so far with our Quantum KM24!

We’ve had our RV for 4 months and have been on 4 trips and logged a couple of thousand miles. The only issue that I couldn’t fix was antenna not working with satellite radio, which is being worked at a local dealer. On our last trip the microwave/convection oven did not work - no power. I unscrewed the unit and it had become unplugged! An easy fix.

The Mercedes Sprinter is a dream to drive, the camper is quick and easy to setup and break down, and it has improved our travel/camping experience over towing a camper. We can’t wait until our next trip!
Old 10-02-2020, 01:09 PM   #75
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Welcome to the Forum, and congratulations from a fellow Sprinter owner!
Old 10-02-2020, 01:30 PM   #76

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
same here happy bought in September 2020 and drove 3000 miles on 4 trips. We are having fun!!!
Old 10-02-2020, 02:03 PM   #77
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
same here happy bought in September 2020 and drove 3000 miles on 4 trips. We are having fun!!!
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1601647406
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Awesome.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	26446  
Old 10-03-2020, 02:24 PM   #78

THOR #19892
I've got a 2018 Thor Freedom Elite 24FE which is the identical floor plan. The Freedom Elite is made for Camping World and probably has the least number of 'goodies' compared to the Quantum or Tiburon. BUT, it is identical in the structural stuff, such as the large driver side slideout. When I bought the RV used (1 year and 6000 miles) I found it seems to 'tilt' to the driver side when the slide is out. I spoke to Thor and they said, "Yeah, it does that"! We've come to accept it and typically 'pre-tilt' to the right when parking on site, then it levels itself when the slide comes out. Not great, but we're used to it now. Takes an extra minute or two when parking. The interesting thing is that recently in Dallas a new (300 miles) Tiburon of identical floor plan parked next to us and IT ALSO TILTS. I suspect the slide is just too much for the chassis and suspension. I presume your Quantum will do the same. Other than that, we're generally happy with the RV. The MB diesel is fine. MB took care of a few minor problems when we bought it. They are great, but expensive. A friend with a new Sunseeker with Ford engine told me I'd pay $1000 for the oil change (which includes lots of additional checks/adjustments.) I laughed, but my friend laughed when I told him the first "Service A" cost me $1028! That did include two wiper blades, but still . . . . . !!!

Good luck!
Old 10-03-2020, 03:53 PM   #79

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by gafenwick View Post
I've got a 2018 Thor Freedom Elite 24FE which is the identical floor plan. The Freedom Elite is made for Camping World and probably has the least number of 'goodies' compared to the Quantum or Tiburon. BUT, it is identical in the structural stuff, such as the large driver side slideout. When I bought the RV used (1 year and 6000 miles) I found it seems to 'tilt' to the driver side when the slide is out. I spoke to Thor and they said, "Yeah, it does that"! We've come to accept it and typically 'pre-tilt' to the right when parking on site, then it levels itself when the slide comes out. Not great, but we're used to it now. Takes an extra minute or two when parking. The interesting thing is that recently in Dallas a new (300 miles) Tiburon of identical floor plan parked next to us and IT ALSO TILTS. I suspect the slide is just too much for the chassis and suspension. I presume your Quantum will do the same. Other than that, we're generally happy with the RV. The MB diesel is fine. MB took care of a few minor problems when we bought it. They are great, but expensive. A friend with a new Sunseeker with Ford engine told me I'd pay $1000 for the oil change (which includes lots of additional checks/adjustments.) I laughed, but my friend laughed when I told him the first "Service A" cost me $1028! That did include two wiper blades, but still . . . . . !!!

Good luck!
You did not specify, but was your coach confirmed level before letting slide out?

Unless you have tiny weenie slide or super duper heavy steel coach, the Physics say it will lean toward the direction of the most weight when not balance.

My manual says to always level coach before letting slide out, so we are confirmed level before and after slide is out.

If it is in fact 100% level before slide goes out, and then sags; then you you may need to rezero your levelers? But I have never had to do the latter.

Service A for $1,000 could be great deal but you didn't specify what all was done? Change oil and adjust tire pressure... not so good. But if they changed oil, did all the service on genset, tune up, adjust and align tires, service water heater and furnace may not be all that bad given you do not wish to do yourself.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 05:29 PM   #80

THOR #19892
Wish I had levelers on a small (24'+) Thor Class C! But alas, we must manually level these little guys! SO: I pre-tilt to the right just enough so that when she tilts left as the slide comes out, she ends up 'level'. Nothing to 'zero'! Must be nice to push a button and find "level"!

With regards the MB Service A: Both Service A and Service B include extensive lists of checks and adjustments and fluid fills. Too extensive to list here, but any MB Sprinter owner knows the list. I could have simply asked for an oil change ($300+) but as it had never been done I went for the full Service A plus wiper blades. The first service is more important as they check lots of factory bolts and such. (Theoretically!) The good news is you can go 20K miles between service/oil changes! They suggest 10K and annually, however.

Tags
happy camper