Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-24-2021, 02:10 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #23325
Blocked toilet

I have a Thor 34J with a MasterFlush 7600 series toilet. Gr kid put large wad of toilet paper in and macerate pump stopped dead. Fuse not blown. How do I access discharge pipe to clear it? Is it behind toilet or do I have to pull toilet?
Thanks
Stan

Old 07-24-2021, 03:24 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanaug View Post
I have a Thor 34J with a MasterFlush 7600 series toilet. Gr kid put large wad of toilet paper in and macerate pump stopped dead. Fuse not blown. How do I access discharge pipe to clear it? Is it behind toilet or do I have to pull toilet?

Thanks

Stan
I ve never used a maceration toilet but have been reading up on them recently. Mainly problems. From what I've read toilet needs to be removed and taken apart to clear the problem. It's not a fun job to do and it's messy

Now in the cases I've read about baby wipes and a pocket knife were to blame

If your block is only paper maybe someone can give you other tips. Good luck

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 04:50 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanaug View Post
I have a Thor 34J with a MasterFlush 7600 series toilet. Gr kid put large wad of toilet paper in and macerate pump stopped dead. Fuse not blown.
Stan
Are you sure the pump is getting power? You say fuse is not blown did you check to see that you are getting 12v at the fuse or the pump? My money says you have a 12v breaker that tripped before the fuse blew. Otherwise I would think the pump would keep trying until it burned or blew a fuse. It is not likely but perhaps the fuse is oversized and it actually did burn up your pump. If so cleaning it will not fix that. If you can get the pump to try to run, turn the shaft with a screwdriver to be sure it is not binding, then I would put 4 oz of Thetford Waste tank chemical in the the line to help it break down that wad of toilet paper. Let it sit for several hours or maybe overnight.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 12:27 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 32N
State: Tennessee
THOR #18316
If water will go through it, even slowly, I suggest that you very carefully pour a pot of almost boiling water down it. Repeat until clog opens.
reminckv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2021, 03:27 PM   #5

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by reminckv View Post
If water will go through it, even slowly, I suggest that you very carefully pour a pot of almost boiling water down it. Repeat until clog opens.
along with some Dawn but be careful you can create a lot of foam
Old 07-24-2021, 03:29 PM   #6

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Many of the 1.5 bath designs use a macerator in the full bath

We have one in the Tuscany

The only problem I encounter is the DW doesn't want to hold the water fill switch until it times out prior to using the toilet

Very important you you do that and it sure helps empty the tank as well as avoid clogs

There are schematics on the web if you wind up needed to go that direction