Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-02-2021, 12:02 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #20468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I agree: it's time to call out this dealer by name...
If I was TADix I would not call out the Dealer right now. It could hurt his negotiations by pi$$ing off the dealer. You never know who is reading these posts.

Just my opinion and not telling TADix what to do.

Old 03-02-2021, 12:12 AM   #22
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by TADix View Post
Why does everyone want to explain the repair process?

I want to find a superlative RV mechanic or repair shop. I want to know what is wrong with my motorhome. I know a slide is non-functional, I know the chassis batteries are shot, and I know the hood (or opening mechanism) is bent all to hell.

I want to know if there are other issues. I need to decide if I want to undo this sale.

The dealer failed to register with Thor, failed to register with Freightliner, did not perform a safety inspection such that the title application was rejected. My temp tag has expired.

That was the nice and calm version of what we've been going through for over a month.

I am seriously at the point where I want to undo all of this and choose something other than a Thor brand.
The answer is simple. Hire, at your expense, a qualified/cerified RV inspector to conduct an inspection of the RV and then take it to an authorized repair center for repairs.

As to the title and plates, you failed to follow up and that is in no way, shape or form an issue for Thor. That is between you and your dealer.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:17 AM   #23

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
So this is the part I don't understand.

I never said it was Thor's fault, it's quite obvious that the dealer was less than honest.

And that's the part where I'm asking for help. I don't know any good rv shops or mechanics. We've lived here only 3 years and never had an RV. So I ask Thor for some help in identifying a good one. Note I did not ask them to pay for anything at this time. I'm comfortable paying a reputable mechanic to go over the RV and find issues. Then when warranty work is done there's less chance of me coming back, since I don't know anything. Hell, a process like this could mean that Thor could open up time in their shop.

It's true that I should have done more myself, and if I had known I would have.

By the same token I have several people on this forum saying that people from Thor steered them to 'reputable' shops or mechanics.

So who decides who gets that information?
Company policy is to help the customer to the max extent but to try and steer the customer to a dealer. Thor wouldn't have dealers if Thor did not support them. Thor MC CS has about 14 people who used to work in the procurement section of Plant 750 all have been floor workers and a few have parts experience all under go some level of training.Some have just come off the floor and some have been in CS as long as 5 years. All have access to the same information. If you have a plant 750 floor guy and ask a question specific to plant 250 they will look it up the best he/she can and give you the computer's suggestions. They do maintain a list of mobile tech who have been recommended to them by other Thor owners, but they use only in "emergencies" when owners are stranded. CS mission is to support the dealers and not the mobile techs.
There is a great mobile tech in Raleigh (my home town).
Alpine Mobile RV Repair

https://www.facebook.com/alpinemobilervrepair
Alpine Mobile RV Repair RV Repair Shop in Raleigh, North Carolina 5 5 out of 5 stars.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 12:23 AM   #24

State: North Carolina
THOR #22026
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
The answer is simple. Hire, at your expense, a qualified/cerified RV inspector to conduct an inspection of the RV and then take it to an authorized repair center for repairs.

As to the title and plates, you failed to follow up and that is in no way, shape or form an issue for Thor. That is between you and your dealer.
If you would read a bit further in the thread you'd understand that about sums up what I've been trying to do, just don't understand why Thor won't help in identifying that 'qualified/certified RV inspector'.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:28 AM   #25

THOR #22026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Company policy is to help the customer to the max extent but to try and steer the customer to a dealer. Thor wouldn't have dealers if Thor did not support them. Thor MC CS has about 14 people who used to work in the procurement section of Plant 750 all have been floor workers and a few have parts experience all under go some level of training.Some have just come off the floor and some have been in CS as long as 5 years. All have access to the same information. If you have a plant 750 floor guy and ask a question specific to plant 250 they will look it up the best he/she can and give you the computer's suggestions. They do maintain a list of mobile tech who have been recommended to them by other Thor owners, but they use only in "emergencies" when owners are stranded. CS mission is to support the dealers and not the mobile techs.
So the 'plant 750' and 'plant 250' I have no idea what it means. I do understand that Thor has to support it's dealers, and it's customers.

The primary reason that I haven't named the dealer or individuals there or at Thor is for that very reason. Not trying to fight, just get things fixed in a way that leads to fewer visits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
There is a great mobile tech in Raleigh (my home town).
Alpine Mobile RV Repair

https://www.facebook.com/alpinemobilervrepair
Alpine Mobile RV Repair RV Repair Shop in Raleigh, North Carolina 5 5 out of 5 stars.
Thank you! That was helpful.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:45 AM   #26

THOR #20468
I know it sucks not getting what you expected in your RV purchase. Unfortunately it is now on you to chart a path to get you coach fixed to your satisfaction.

I did a Google search for your area and Jason Templin RV Service has good reviews. I do not know or endorse this business.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:51 AM   #27
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
If you would read a bit further in the thread you'd understand that about sums up what I've been trying to do, just don't understand why Thor won't help in identifying that 'qualified/certified RV inspector'.
Thor can't identify anyone who is either good, OR bad...
That would be playing,favorites.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:37 AM   #28

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
I am seriously at the point where I want to undo all of this and choose something other than a Thor brand.

Based on you stating you want to choose something other than a Thor brand makes it sound like your blaming Thor. The dealer could have been selling Newmar and the result would have been the same.
Old 03-02-2021, 01:49 AM   #29

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Nebraska
THOR #21813
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbykid View Post
I had a similar problem when I purchased from CW South Carolina. There was screw up and delay with a third party paper pusher. I contacted CW and they sent me a new Temp Tag so I could use my Thor ACE. It took 3 months to get the Title and Tag.

Unfortunately here in Nebraska an additional temp tag is a no-go. 30 days is all you get and issuing another temp tag is not legal according to the DMV when I asked. Had a small issue when I bought a new truck and it was getting close to the 30 days - fortunately the paperwork came through on time.
Old 03-02-2021, 02:10 AM   #30

THOR #22026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Based on you stating you want to choose something other than a Thor brand makes it sound like your blaming Thor. The dealer could have been selling Newmar and the result would have been the same.
Fair question. Answer has to do with a conversation with Thor rep.

Please note, I do not blame Thor though.
Old 03-02-2021, 03:40 AM   #31

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by keefd View Post
Unfortunately here in Nebraska an additional temp tag is a no-go. 30 days is all you get and issuing another temp tag is not legal according to the DMV when I asked. Had a small issue when I bought a new truck and it was getting close to the 30 days - fortunately the paperwork came through on time.

Interesting issue. When I bought my coach from a CW in North Carolina they had an outside company handle their out of state registrations. They pretty much screwed it up. Took about 90 days and I had to delay our snowbird trip by about a week because we couldn’t get new temp plates. I even got a letter from our state’s BMV stating that they knew we had a new vehicle that was not yet registered and could not be driven legally at risk of being impounded. Finally got the plates but when we got back from Florida we had another letter from the BMV stating that the registration was not complete. Took another week and another $100 to get it done. All in it fook almost 5 months and a call on the president of CW’s hotline.
Old 03-02-2021, 04:06 AM   #32

THOR #20468
[QUOTE=rbykid;279633]I had a similar problem when I purchased from CW South Carolina. There was screw up and delay with a third party paper pusher. I contacted CW and they sent me a new Temp Tag so I could use my Thor ACE. It took 3 months to get the Title and Tag.[/QUOTE

The Temp Tag for South Carolina was a plastic CW tag with the date wrote on with permanent black magic marker. Not sure if it was legal but that is what I had and used for three months in Pennsylvania. I was always worried what would happen if I got pulled over. I made it with no problems and got my Pennsylvania tag.