Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-13-2019, 07:36 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: z28
State: Iowa
THOR #10492
Squeaks

Loud squeaking over driver area, mainly in city when swaying side to side. Tried silicon spray over cab on outside, no help. Have overhead bunk. 2018 chatuea 28z.

Old 04-14-2019, 01:04 AM   #2

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Our WS31 drives me nutz! Sounds like a styro-foam ice chest riding in the back seat of the car! High pitched squeak, squeak... squeak! Usually at highway speeds and different road surfaces also. Concrete with joints is the worst! I don't know where it is coming from!
Old 04-14-2019, 12:04 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
If your rig is still under warranty: let the Dealership handle it...
Old 04-14-2019, 02:12 PM   #4

THOR #10492
Sqeaks

Was a rental. No warranty.
Old 04-14-2019, 03:35 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Ouch...
It's time to get another pair of ears on board, and try to figure out where the squeaks are coming from...
Get someone to ride along, who isn't afraid of moving around a bit inside a moving coach. Take the rig someplace where you can get it "rockin' & rollin' a bit...
Let them use their ears to find the source.

Once you've got that figured out: it's a matter of figuring out what will do the job. (And that will depend upon what the source is!)

Good luck!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 04:39 PM   #6

Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Ouch...
It's time to get another pair of ears on board, and try to figure out where the squeaks are coming from...
Get someone to ride along, who isn't afraid of moving around a bit inside a moving coach. Take the rig someplace where you can get it "rockin' & rollin' a bit...
Let them use their ears to find the source.

Once you've got that figured out: it's a matter of figuring out what will do the job. (And that will depend upon what the source is!)

Good luck!
Look at the front springs where the front half mounts to the spring hanger, if rusted the squeaks are probably when your driving the leaf's are rubbing together, check u bolts and hanger bolts and use some chassis grease on them same applies to coil springs they sit on a urethan base and no one ever greases them.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:17 PM   #7

THOR #10492
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99dart View Post
Our WS31 drives me nutz! Sounds like a styro-foam ice chest riding in the back seat of the car! High pitched squeak, squeak... squeak! Usually at highway speeds and different road surfaces also. Concrete with joints is the worst! I don't know where it is coming from!
So I tore apart the overhead cab area since not covered by extended warranty. Took several hours, found the squeaks coming from loose and broken screws that hold the cab to the Thor overhead bunk. Replaced broken screws and added a dozen more between them and also added caulking between the steel cab frame and the outside cab. squeaking comes from the Styrofoam rubbing against the loose screws and loose cab overhead structure. Several hours work but squeaking is gone! Saved $600 by doing it myself, old handyman guy.
Old 06-25-2019, 12:12 AM   #8

Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlo View Post
So I tore apart the overhead cab area since not covered by extended warranty. Took several hours, found the squeaks coming from loose and broken screws that hold the cab to the Thor overhead bunk. Replaced broken screws and added a dozen more between them and also added caulking between the steel cab frame and the outside cab. squeaking comes from the Styrofoam rubbing against the loose screws and loose cab overhead structure. Several hours work but squeaking is gone! Saved $600 by doing it myself, old handyman guy.
we need pics
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:31 PM   #9

Model: 34J Windsport
State: Louisiana
THOR #15123
Squeaks and Noises can drive you crazy. I had what I tought was a wind noise coming from the drivers window. Turned out to be the sliding glass on the pass side was not closed all the way.

Still have issues with a few squeaks still, but warranty is handling that slowly.

Did the soundproofing under seats and Doghouse, and finding more squeaks, LOL...

Good luck
2021 Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie
pmbreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 04:57 PM   #10

Model: Ace 30.2
State: California
THOR #9323
I have squeaks as well in our 2017 ACE 30.2 Driver side only. Sounds more like wood squeaks. Started a few months ago going around corners and rough roads.
Old 07-28-2019, 08:12 PM   #11

THOR #10492
I tore apart the overhead bunk area and it is a Styrofoam against loose screws noise. took about 3 hours to fix it, no more squeaks.