Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-22-2021, 04:28 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #14038
Thank you for the response - Not sure why Thor would not accept the warranty work
but Thor reached out to me here and I am waiting for a rep to call
If not I will start the battle with the warranty people as you suggested- Wish they would just say ok go here and get it fixed - Its crazy the amount of time seeking a dealership or service person to even call back

Old 07-23-2021, 12:16 AM   #22
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helga View Post
Thank you for the response - Not sure why Thor would not accept the warranty work
If not I will start the battle with the warranty people as you suggested- Wish they would just say ok go here and get it fixed - Its crazy the amount of time seeking a dealership or service person to even call back
Thor does not do warranty work under extended service plans. That is the function of dealers that accept and sell those plans.

Hate to say it but when your Thor warranty expired Thor’s responsibility ended. It is between you and the extended service plan now.
Old 07-23-2021, 12:26 AM   #23

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helga View Post
Because it is not a Thor warranty. Where ever you take it they will determine what needs to be done. They then will contact the company that you bought the extended warranty from. That company will then approve or decline the repairs. It is nothing like car dealerships in that the manufactures have a very loose relationship with the dealers.
Old 07-23-2021, 01:35 AM   #24

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Is it true that Thor won’t do work under an extended service contract? When I had my Fleetwood at the factory service center they asked me if I had one and though I didn’t they made it clear that they worked with all of the major plans. Indeed any shop that does the work will have to call and coordinate with your plan and I’d be just amazed if Thor refused.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:49 AM   #25

Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
Can someone please provide me the email address for THOR Owner Customer Service Dept (Warranty)? I looked at the THOR owner website and the form will not let me add a file and pictures. I would like to send a file attachment. Thanks.
ador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:49 AM   #26

Model: Quantum JM31
State: Tennessee
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post
Can someone please provide me the email address for THOR Owner Customer Service Dept (Warranty)? I looked at the THOR owner website and the form will not let me add a file and pictures. I would like to send a file attachment. Thanks.
I have had good response from this guy:

Ron Baker <rbaker@tmcrv.com>
Bob Nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 11:04 AM   #27

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nodine View Post
I have had good response from this guy:

Ron Baker <rbaker@tmcrv.com>
I have been in contact with Brittany Braun, Thor CS, who is responsive. Also Aaron Mundy. Back in June when I was discussing the ill fitted and mounted front bumper here, Aaron reached out to me with a PM about it. Thor looks at this site and if they feel it helpful, will reach out. I ended up also communicating with Brittany and when I wrote her over the weekend about the missing step hinge, I had a reply from her 1st thing Monday morning. Had to call back to the local CW several times to get hold of their service.

Thor customer service could be like the Maytag repair man, loneliest man in the world because of their claim best factory. But because of the complexities of an RV build and the sloppiness of the factory, Thor CS will never be in the running for that title.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 11:07 AM   #28

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71_340 View Post
I never tried to call Thor. I did email them several times and have always gotten a reply, usually within 24 hours. I think their customer support is great and they will send you pretty much any diagram you ask for and answer your questions.

I never asked them to send me a part directly so I can't speak to that. If there is one thing I would like to see it would be an online parts catalog. I know it is doable because Winnebago has it.
Reference your user name, 69-519
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 09-21-2021, 01:25 PM   #29

Model: Aria 3401
State: Washington
THOR #22245
Quote:
Originally Posted by ador View Post
What I did was fill send the complaint through the owners section. I then received an email from the person handling my complaint. I then followed up with 5-6 photos. They have been very helpful and reply by the following day: sometimes the same day.
Retired US Navy Corpsman HMC(SW)(FMF)
HMCSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 01:28 PM   #30

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by HMCSW View Post
What I did was fill send the complaint through the owners section. I then received an email from the person handling my complaint. I then followed up with 5-6 photos. They have been very helpful and reply by the following day: sometimes the same day.
Same here, I offered pictures to the rep that replied, they asked, and I replied and sent them attached to the email.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 09-21-2021, 01:53 PM   #31

Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
Thanks folks. I will send my communication letter via owner’s portal and wait for someone to respond.
ador is offline   Reply With Quote