Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-26-2021, 07:30 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
01) did old fit out door or removed door? Besides size and other advantages? What brand?

We love that it was easy to replace the 6.1cf RV absorption fridge with a 10.3cf residential compressor fridge (day 1).

02) what is this? Cost?
nano-shield ceramic coating
space) above the fridge. I removed the cabinet and the compressor fridge fit like a glove. It is a Magic Chef 10.3cf, very efficient, ready to load about an hour after turning on. It also required an inverter, I install the AIMS 1200w that has auto-transfer switch. The fridge was just under $300. To remove the RV fridge, I dismounted the cooling unit and it fit through the entry door. I removed the doors from the new Magic Chef and it fit through the door. Not sure if this will work for your fridge setup since I don't know what is under your fridge. Do some research for that. I have ran the inverter and fridge for over 28 hours on the original house batteries a few times. Those batteries were 3 1/2 years old when I finally replaced them with AGMs. I ran the fridge on those for about 36 hours on a recent trip. Batteries were at 50% so I started up the genny. Haven't ran it that long since but I know that I can, but shouldn't very often. Overnight and into the next morning is fine. Depends on what else you are powering at the time. Install a battery monitor and watch those amp hours! I'm frugal.

Nano-Shield ceramic coating is just what the name implies, ceramic coating. It was designed by Vinnies Northbay Airstream (CA). It is top notch ceramic coating that will last the life of the RV. It is not just for Airstreams, it works on gel-coat as well including on boats. Once applied, no ,ore polishing and waxing. It looks like new from there on. Much cheaper than full body paint (I will never buy another RV that is not full body paint but, moot point here). For our coach, it is a little over $4000 but worth it to me (maybe not to others). Search YouTube for Long Long Honeymoon, they have a few videos about the coating including a recent live chat with Vinnie and Brian regarding their new Florida location. Lots of good info on that one.

pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 07:34 PM   #42

THOR #12686
Darn, the first line of that got cut off. Here it is:

On my Vegas 25.5, the fridge has a drawer underneath and a Cabinet above (wasted space).
Old 08-27-2021, 04:07 PM   #43

Model: ACE 30.1
THOR #17950
I see that Bob Denmon is complaining about not using his more, but he has done 21,297 posts. Get off the computer and drive Bob! LOL
Old 08-27-2021, 05:42 PM   #44

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
01) did old fit out door or removed door? Besides size and other advantages? What brand?

We love that it was easy to replace the 6.1cf RV absorption fridge with a 10.3cf residential compressor fridge (day 1).

02) what is this? Cost?
nano-shield ceramic coating

Did you get sim from cricket? Did you do update winegard?
How much? Can I get separate from from Verizon plan?

8) We love the TOGO/Wineguard with Cricket data plan. We have had great internet service.
Old 08-28-2021, 11:49 AM   #45

THOR #12686
[QUOTE=Scubawise;311167]Did you get sim from cricket? Did you do update winegard?

8) We love the TOGO/Wineguard with Cricket data plan. We have had great internet service.[/QUOTE

When AT&T discontinued the unlimited plan and Wineguard unlocked the TOGO routers, I went to Cricked and got the sim that would be used in their hotspot. I installed it in the Wineguard and loaded info in the app as if it were AT&T (Cricket is AT&T) and it has worked great. 20gb for $35 or 100gb for $55. You can add data when you run low. If you are not using it the following month, skip that month's payment (as long as you don't go over 60 days from your last payment) then pay $5 to un-suspend and the $35 monthly fee...good for another month. Run low on data...just add more. You have control of plans, data and add-ons in the app or call for assistance. I have no complaints, never even had data speed slow down.
Old 08-28-2021, 12:01 PM   #46
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardehrhart View Post
I see that Bob Denmon is complaining about not using his more, but he has done 21,297 posts. Get off the computer and drive Bob! LOL
You honestly don't know the reasons...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 01:38 PM   #47

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
You honestly don't know the reasons...
I will tell him just he case he may not know.

You see.... Bob was previously an Outlaw, past experiences has taught him to be diligent and careful with travel, besides you cannot save the world unless you are at home on computer
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 01:48 PM   #48
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Well...
That; and the diabetes, cancer, foot ulcerations, and renal failure...
Old 08-28-2021, 03:22 PM   #49

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Well...
That; and the diabetes, cancer, foot ulcerations, and renal failure...
.... and all the while a genuine concern to help other fellow American RVers enjoy, and be safe with their RVs and a good dose of humor mixed in. In our current pandemic environment that is no small chore.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 03:39 PM   #50

THOR #20220
[QUOTE=pavemike;311304]
Quote:

8) We love the TOGO/Wineguard with Cricket data plan. We have had great internet service.[/QUOTE

When AT&T discontinued the unlimited plan and Wineguard unlocked the TOGO routers, I went to Cricked and got the sim that would be used in their hotspot. I installed it in the Wineguard and loaded info in the app as if it were AT&T (Cricket is AT&T) and it has worked great. 20gb for $35 or 100gb for $55. You can add data when you run low. If you are not using it the following month, skip that month's payment (as long as you don't go over 60 days from your last payment) then pay $5 to un-suspend and the $35 monthly fee...good for another month. Run low on data...just add more. You have control of plans, data and add-ons in the app or call for assistance. I have no complaints, never even had data speed slow down.
Thx will look into this ..on road this winter and lots of state parks
Old 08-28-2021, 03:45 PM   #51
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
.... and all the while a genuine concern to help other fellow American RVers enjoy, and be safe with their RVs and a good dose of humor mixed in. In our current pandemic environment that is no small chore.
Whatever you're selling: I'm putting a check in the mail on Monday...
Old 08-28-2021, 06:02 PM   #52

THOR #20220
[QUOTE=pavemike;311304]
Quote:

With your Winegard cricket plan have you ever noticed a signal with hotspot when there is no 4g or 5g on your phone? We have been mountain camping and no 4g or 5g phone and Winegard sim picked up signal?
Old 08-28-2021, 06:08 PM   #53

THOR #20220
[QUOTE=pavemike;311304]
Quote:

I am reviewing this
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210828-120738_Chrome.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	33152  
Old 08-31-2021, 03:09 PM   #54

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: New Jersey
THOR #1205
10 things I love about ...

2019 Hurricane 35M:
1. The exterior colors
2. Residential size refrigerator
3. Armless awning with automatic wind retraction
4. L-shped sofa
5. Vanity in bedroom
6. Bath and half
7. Outside TV
8. Swingout compartment doors
9. Powered windshield shade
10. Improved noise reduction
Old 08-31-2021, 04:31 PM   #55

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Good luck in Wild Wonderful WV with cell coverage. You can have the greatest data plan in the world... but if you're not within range of a tower... nada data. Most places in the mountains you're lucky to get one bar, let alone useable internet.

Ground propagation of cell signals just doesn't work in hilly terrain. The low Earth orbit satellite experiments hold promise.
Old 08-31-2021, 07:00 PM   #56

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by njwandrr View Post
2019 Hurricane 35M:
1. The exterior colors
2. Residential size refrigerator
3. Armless awning with automatic wind retraction
4. L-shped sofa