Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-25-2023, 11:26 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29G
State: Florida
THOR #28393
Got it.

Old 01-26-2023, 06:05 PM   #42

Model: ACE 29G
State: Florida
THOR #28393
Received an email today from Thor apologizing for any confusion as the 2023 ACE and its sister the Resonate had spec changes that are not yet in the Owners Resources.

As such the battery bay location is now an old spec.

I asked why the change...he did not know and acknowledged that service is now more difficult.

The only thing I can think of is that they wanted more space left open in the battery bay to add additional batteries if one desired to do that.
Old 01-26-2023, 06:08 PM   #43

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvman12 View Post
Received an email today from Thor apologizing for any confusion as the 2023 ACE and its sister the Resonate had spec changes that are not yet in the Owners Resources.

As such the battery bay location is now an old spec.

I asked why the change...he did not know and acknowledged that service is now more difficult.

The only thing I can think of is that they wanted more space left open in the battery bay to add additional batteries if one desired to do that.
Or that new location was easier to install, quicker and thus cheaper to do. Reliability or customer use be damned.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 07:57 PM   #44

Model: 24TF Compass / Mercedes
State: New York
THOR #17969
We also did the Bigfoot install to our Mercedes / Compass. Works great and they did the install in White Pigeon. They have electrical 30 amp connections on the back of their building, so you can arrive the night before your install and stay right at their facility. They shuttled us to the local diner and we had breakfast and our install was done in about 2 hours. Very nice people.
Old 02-04-2023, 05:25 AM   #45

State: California
THOR #26627
I have almost finished the install. Its not the most fun thing in the world. If I had the option to pay that $300 install people have mentioned Id definitely pick that! (yes I know it was years ago).

The install manual isnt very well done. In their defense it is covering about 5 different vehicles and 3 pump setups in one manual. Not a great way to do it but I guess it covers everything.

Front rams went in no problem. The back ones required drilling which wasnt that easy since the black tank and storage box are right where I wanted to go. Fuel tank is on the other side, so it was hard to get in there. I got most of them with a really stubby drill bit and the others were drilled on an angle and oversize.

I just need to mount the control panel, then power it on and make a mess trying to bleed it!