Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2022, 10:19 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: South Carolina
THOR #22342

Old 04-05-2022, 01:58 AM   #22

State: Arizona
THOR #21864
I will be driving my Magnitude from Florida to upstate New York tomorrow.
I will try open both caps to fuel. Would be great if it helps. Especially fueling up in pouring rain.
Thanks for the tip.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:56 PM   #23

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uralman View Post
I will be driving my Magnitude from Florida to upstate New York tomorrow.
I will try open both caps to fuel. Would be great if it helps. Especially fueling up in pouring rain.
Thanks for the tip.
Not going to help you with a magnitude since each filler goes to separate tanks and except for lines to feed the engine, are not connected like some DPs with a filler on each side. It's a poor design and if you stick to small nozzles at "car lanes" and not the large filler at truck stops you'll manage.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 03:58 AM   #24

Model: Magnitude SV34
State: New Jersey
THOR #3431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Grove View Post
i found if you open both caps i have not had a problem but still not at full spead

I followed your recommendation when filling the tanks today. It made a night/day difference. Thanks!
Old 11-09-2022, 12:12 PM   #25

Model: FourWinds SK 35
State: Virginia
THOR #4706
I have the 35 SK and have never been able to use the high flow nozzles at the truckstop. I’ve only ever used auto diesel. I just don’t understand how you can get that large nozzle in the filler tube. I have been told that if you check your vent tube which runs parallel with your filler tube sometimes they have a kink or like a little belly that will hold diesel if it gets in there.
Old 11-09-2022, 12:17 PM   #26

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Diesel filling problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas M View Post
I have the 35 SK and have never been able to use the high flow nozzles at the truckstop. I’ve only ever used auto diesel. I just don’t understand how you can get that large nozzle in the filler tube. I have been told that if you check your vent tube which runs parallel with your filler tube sometimes they have a kink or like a little belly that will hold diesel if it gets in there.

Same here with my SV34… even with both caps open while filling.

I have no kinks in the fill or vent lines. The problem is there are 90 degree fittings going from the filler port to the tanks. The high-speed pumps are designed to pump directly into the fuel tank through a wide-mouth port. The high flow rate causes foaming when it is going through the 90 degree bends and that causes the pump to shut off.

I’ve been using Auto Diesel pumps for 3 years pulling the Wrangler and have had no issues with that approach.
Old 11-09-2022, 03:47 PM   #27

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas M View Post

Those nozzles and delivery speed are not designed around the automotive (car & light truck) fuel cap, hose and recessed tank design. they are designed about pumping fuel at a super high speed directly into a 150+ gallon tank, as in filling a 55 gallon drum through the bung. It will work if you barely crack the nozzle but you have to hold it in place. Some of the larger coaches with a vertical, cross mounted tank can take the high speed as it also goes directly into the tank with no hoses, twists and turns between the fill cap and the tank. The only benefit to the back side of truck stops is the space to maneuver.. Otherwise, be sure to clean your shoes before you get back in the coach.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 03:53 PM   #28

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Those nozzles and delivery speed are not designed around the automotive (car & light truck) fuel cap, hose and recessed tank design. they are designed about pumping fuel at a super high speed directly into a 150+ gallon tank, as in filling a 55 gallon drum through the bung. It will work if you barely crack the nozzle but you have to hold it in place. Some of the larger coaches with a vertical, cross mounted tank can take the high speed as it also goes directly into the tank with no hoses, twists and turns between the fill cap and the tank. The only benefit to the back side of truck stops is the space to maneuver.. Otherwise, be sure to clean your shoes before you get back in the coach.
One other benefit to the truck lanes is they take the Open Roads TSD card with the discount. This summer we found discounts of close to $1.00 at the TA, and some smaller independent like Weigel's in TN. Can't get the discount at the gas lanes. I have 100g in the Valencia with a tank between the Fram rails. I can use the truck lane nozzle using the 1st or second stop for the flow. Wide open stop usually too much too fast and foams. The first stop is still much faster than the "car lane small nozzle".
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote