Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-12-2021, 05:33 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta SR24
State: Tennessee
THOR #24300
Low point drain

I have a 2016 Siesta Sprinter & I can’t find the low pint drain. Any suggestions?

Old 09-12-2021, 09:50 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareDancingGranny View Post
I have a 2016 Siesta Sprinter & I can’t find the low pint drain. Any suggestions?
I am a SOB (have some other brand) but since it has been a while with no response, I would throw out my suggestion.

Given, the question; you will likely have a few more. Thor has a website where you can view and download all of he information about your coach. Even if you get the answer later tonight, I think it would be good to find the site and review what is there. If you have trouble just call Thor in the morning to help you navigate their webpages.

Just so you know, when I bought my brand new RV, the first time I tried to drain, I couldn't. I was able to find the low point drains, but when I opened them nothing happened. The Dealer's service team (5 or 6 states away) said I was doing it wrong and turning wrong valves They were telling me where the drain line and valve was suppose to be; but I could NOT find anything where they described At a certain point it was frustration on both sides, because I sensed they felt that I was just another newbie idiot that could not follow directions, and I felt they were incompetent service techs that did not know how to tell me to drain. So next day, I called Winnebago directly. It turned out that my Serial number had a new design that required me to pump water out the system to drain. The manual supplied to me was even wrong. Winnebago sent me a new manual based on my serial number with the instructions. The service guys were simply not aware of the design change for model and was telling how to drain in the previous versions of my model.

I now like the pumped drain because it is super easy and very fast. In fact when sanitizing my freshwater tank, I pump the water into my black tank to to help clean it with chlorinated freshwater.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 10:24 AM   #3
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Find the fresh water tank, look along the sides. If it is not there, go under the RV and look around the same area. The usually attach is to the side of the tank and directly down through the floor.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:51 AM   #4

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
My Freedom Traveller does not have a Low point drain per se. it has a drain on the fresh water tank. But to drain the lines I have to use the outdoor shower in the wet bay. It is the low point. Open both hot & cold. Open all inside faucets. I’m drained. Of course hot water tank is a separate operation.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:51 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
Find the fresh water tank, look along the sides. If it is not there, go under the RV and look around the same area. The usually attach is to the side of the tank and directly down through the floor.
That is exactly what the RV Dealer's Service Tech were telling me over the phone. In my case, not only is the the fresh water drain lines nowhere near the physicals freshwater tank, they drain independently of tank meaning via pump and not gravity.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 07:50 PM   #6

State: Illinois
THOR #10522
I have a 2017 Chateau 31W. The low point drains for my unit are under the fridge behind a drawer. I can access them (barely) without having to pull the drawer out of the tracks. One valve for the cold water lines, one valve for hot. They empty directly below the valves on the ground.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:49 PM   #7

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
The fresh water tank drain will always be near the outlet of the tank. The low point drains will be at the low point of the water system. In my case they are under the floor of the outside kitchen. I have to remove the knife holder to get to them. During my PDI the tech showed them to me and how to sue them to winterize my coach.

My fresh water drain is shown below. The bottom valve drains the tank. The top valve isolates the tank when using the pump to pump antifreeze into the water lines.
I don't have a decent picture of the low point drains.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2021_0626_150136AA.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	33741  
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote