Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-15-2021, 12:40 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #25373
Omni BH35

Newbie here. It seems that we have two black tanks and have no idea how to flush the second one. Thought or suggestions?

Old 11-15-2021, 12:42 AM   #2

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Youtube Google
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 06:19 AM   #3

Model: Magnitude BH35
State: California
THOR #23156
Quote:
Originally Posted by corleyshellyq View Post
Newbie here. It seems that we have two black tanks and have no idea how to flush the second one. Thought or suggestions?
I assume you are referring to the rear bath black tank. The flush is inside the driver side rear most storage area where the rear bath black tank dump is at the bottom right inside the storage area. Open up that storage bay and look for the "tank flush" label. Attach your hose to it and turn on water. You should hear water jets spraying inside the tank and will notice water and waste starting to push out through the dump hose. I always use a clear connector to watch the water color and like to get it as clear as possible before I shut it off and close the valve. Some have had the flush line check valve installed backwards by Thor so if you do not get a water flush sound and don't think water is flowing into the tank you will need to check that and reverse for it to allow water to flow in. Lots of threads and posts about that issue.
Old 11-19-2021, 03:32 PM   #4

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
I tried a few times as per information on site .dumping..closing value. Adding water dumping !
Lots more comes out then clear faster
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 04:45 PM   #5

THOR #25373
Thank y’all so much for the advice. I think we are going to have to look into the valve being backwards because I’m not hearing the flushing noice and water isn’t going into the tank.
Old 11-19-2021, 05:44 PM   #6

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
As indicated above, my 2nd black tank is in the rearmost driver side compartment also. The valve faces forward but it rotates as well. I put a 90 degree elbow and it flushes out the side with the compartment door open. THEN, move your hose to the main compartment, flush the front black tank and run grey water through it lastly.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 07:17 PM   #7

State: Colorado
THOR #20053
The above are all correct, I will add that the tank connector is facing the front of the storage area and there is an access port to get a straight shot into the tank connector. With my BH35 I purchased a 90 degree connector to add to the tank port and have it turn out the side of the storage area. Works well for that tnk to get dumped and flushed. I would be careful thought as, at least with my BH35 is hard to get all of the "stuff" flushed out. I have to fill the tank and let it flush fully, check to see if all the "Stuff" is out of the tank before going forward. I would not want to leave anything in the tank when I store it. I have had to dump water down the toilet in gallons to get everything out of the tank once or twice. Not sure it is how they installed my tank or the tank design, but I have had some issues with it. It might also be that I have not travelled much between tank flushes and so the movement of the coach as you travel has not been there to "mix" things up
meyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 04:49 PM   #8

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
To add to the above suggestions and discussion let me add this. Thor in some models installs ODD shaped tanks with the gravity toilets. A good design puts the toilet on the driver's side directly over the big part of the black tank. Thor buys tanks shaped like a letter L on its side and the "stuff" dumps on a gently sloping shelf on the passenger side with the intention of flowing/dropping to the big section. The tank level sensors are on the driver's side of the tank on the big part of the tank. This design takes LOTS of water on a flush and failure to use LOTS may end up with a pile of stuff that ends up as a blockage that the flush nozzles won't reach. I had to take a bent coat hanger to push it downstream.

My plan, that I haven't made yet, is a modified flush wand. Take a 3-4' section of 1/2" PVC with a 90* end and a couple holes drilled in it. I'll also put a 1/2" ball valve to shut off and go with another 90* and garden hose connector. The idea is to ease the wand in and turn on to shoot a stream of water to clear the shelf. Figure that beats stirring up shit with a coat hanger. N
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 03:33 AM   #9

State: Colorado
THOR #20053
Chunker21, does your model have one or two distinct dump valves for the black tanks. on the 2020 BH35 there are two separate black tanks, one in the middle drivers side of the coach that is one tank but split for gray and black with the half bath feeds to and then there is another black that is in the drivers back of coach side that is just for the master bath in the back of the coach. The only issue I have had with the half bath toilet is that the bottom of the tank is maybe 4 inches form the bottom of the toilet, so if you have a monster "Stuff" you plug the toilet up, so we don't do "Stuff" in the half bath only the back bath. It is a little bit of a pain in the butte to have two different black tanks with two separate flushes, but I have got a sequence down that works pretty well.

Funny how much you can talk about "Stuff"!
meyeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 03:46 AM   #10

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyeagle View Post
Chunker21, does your model have one or two distinct dump valves for the black tanks. on the 2020 BH35 there are two separate black tanks, one in the middle drivers side of the coach that is one tank but split for gray and black with the half bath feeds to and then there is another black that is in the drivers back of coach side that is just for the master bath in the back of the coach. The only issue I have had with the half bath toilet is that the bottom of the tank is maybe 4 inches form the bottom of the toilet, so if you have a monster "Stuff" you plug the toilet up, so we don't do "Stuff" in the half bath only the back bath. It is a little bit of a pain in the butte to have two different black tanks with two separate flushes, but I have got a sequence down that works pretty well.

Funny how much you can talk about "Stuff"!
One black and 1 grey tank. Both have gate dump valves on driver's side with the sloping type tanks I described above, For the black it looks straight down into the black tank sloping shelf and has that same about 4" or less where "stuff" can jamb up. Last trip had a visitor along a few days that didn't understand not to use a whole roll per dump and lots of water. I poured jugs of water in it but ultimately the coat hanger did the trick. That's why I'm going to make a directional wand.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 11-21-2021, 06:09 AM   #11

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
You know what they say, Stuff happens!
Stuff happened to mine last year when a guy that went on hunting trip with me didn't understand how an RV toilet works and clogged it with stuff. The tank is a pretty stuffy design.
Old 11-21-2021, 12:34 PM   #12

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwplot34 View Post
You know what they say, Stuff happens!
Stuff happened to mine last year when a guy that went on hunting trip with me didn't understand how an RV toilet works and clogged it with stuff. The tank is a pretty stuffy design.
Ye ain't it so. GF has a 5th wheel Crusader bunk house we keep at the bayou in NW FL. It's a bunk house with half bath off bunk room. No tank flush for that tank so my request is the big "stuff", #2, use the main off the bedroom. But kids being kids they apparently don't want to announce stuff by going up there so when I drain that tank I find, guess what? If that's the worst of the problems I'm OK.

Back to Omnis I find if I level just a bit with a right to left slope it helps the tanks to drain a bit better. Definitely do not be high on the left side.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ