Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-10-2021, 11:59 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni
State: California
THOR #22133
Thanks Grey and Judge,
Great advice and input, definitely gives me some options. I'm going to try and use Texas' price as leverage. Hopefully my dealer will come down a little. Do your rigs have the washer/dryer combo? I just found out the 2022 Omni BH35 will be outfitted for a washer/dryer combo, of course, they're more expensive. It's not a deal breaker, but it would be nice to have it available and not have to worry about waiting in line at a campground. Any thoughts? Of course, I can go old school and do like my grandmother and hang clothes at our campsite

Old 03-11-2021, 03:53 AM   #22

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
I live in NW Missouri and went to Tampa FL last may to purchase our XG32, saved a little over $23k vs buying from a dealer here, and that same dealer here has done the warranty work on the new RV without any issues.
Old 03-11-2021, 12:53 PM   #23

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Party of 5 View Post
Thanks Grey and Judge,
Great advice and input, definitely gives me some options. I'm going to try and use Texas' price as leverage. Hopefully my dealer will come down a little. Do your rigs have the washer/dryer combo? I just found out the 2022 Omni BH35 will be outfitted for a washer/dryer combo, of course, they're more expensive. It's not a deal breaker, but it would be nice to have it available and not have to worry about waiting in line at a campground. Any thoughts? Of course, I can go old school and do like my grandmother and hang clothes at our campsite
The washer / dryer prep was the only thing missing on my 2020 SV34 I wish it had. My wife is actually ok without it but I would have preferred to have it.

That being said... let me give you some advise based on what I have learned the past couple years.

I would not add a washer / dryer to a full wall slide. If I could redesign the Omni / Magnitude the first change I would make would be to get rid of the single full wall slide in favor of two smaller slides (except for the XG32 since it has a smaller slide as a shorter coach). Yes.... it would raise the price of the coach but I would gladly pay the difference.

The full slide wall has a lot of weight on it as it is and then adding the weight of a washer/dryer combo only set yourself up for more potential slide problems down the road.... at least that is what I think.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:11 PM   #24

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
The washer / dryer prep was the only thing missing on my 2020 SV34 I wish it had. My wife is actually ok without it but I would have preferred to have it.

That being said... let me give you some advise based on what I have learned the past couple years.

I would not add a washer / dryer to a full wall slide. If I could redesign the Omni / Magnitude the first change I would make would be to get rid of the single full wall slide in favor of two smaller slides (except for the XG32 since it has a smaller slide as a shorter coach). Yes.... it would raise the price of the coach but I would gladly pay the difference.

The full slide wall has a lot of weight on it as it is and then adding the weight of a washer/dryer combo only set yourself up for more potential slide problems down the road.... at least that is what I think.

After I had a full wall slide with plumbing in it in my Winnebago Vista I resolved not to have another unit with those “features”. I ended up with a Newmar with a full wall slide but without plumbing. Newmar uses a proprietary slide mechanism that I was (am) convinced is up to the challenge. So far so good.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:26 PM   #25

Model: Omni
State: California
THOR #22133
My wife doesn't care if the rig has a washer/dryer, but I was hoping it would. Not sure its worth the extra money at this point. I just checked the diagram on the 2022 BH35 and noticed it is located on the large slide. It looks like I would lose the pantry or most of the place. I initially thought it was located in the bathroom's cabinet, in the back of the rig, and not on the slide.
Old 03-13-2021, 02:04 PM   #26

Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
I used Alvarado TX for a Match

I went to General RV and they price matched TX. I just said, I’m ready to fly down and get one. What can you do so I don’t have to make the trip? I got what I wanted locally. Now TX price is almost 20k more than last summer.