Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-24-2021, 03:42 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Fourwinds
State: Florida
THOR #25115
Space Heaters

I have a 28A and was wanting recommendations for a space heater. I知 only interested in cool to the touch, tip over safety, remote control that値l heat the whole coach. I like the towers with oscillating fans but I知 open to suggestions.

Old 12-24-2021, 04:22 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds 28A
State: California
THOR #21941
We have one like that for heating just one room in our house. Should work OK.

Watchdog hardwired EMS, Alignment, Roadmaster front sway bar, vent covers, Dew Gutter
waynetaylor55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 05:34 PM   #3

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Peronist brand
Available at Walmart
$15.73
It has 3 different wattages, 1500 watts max
Has a button pressure switch on bottom that turns off unit if it tips over.
Made in China
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	18A7EFB5-9C37-4FC7-ADD7-E35236073E85.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	35346  
Old 12-24-2021, 05:47 PM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
This time of year Ollie's usually has a ton of space heaters on sale. They currently have a tower one by GE but it's not very good.

A couple of years ago we picked up a LifeSmart LifePro 1500 space heater with remote and digital thermostat, high speed and low speed fan settings and an "Eco" setting. Was under $50.

Tractor supply has them for $64 now:

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...0aAjxYEALw_wcB
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 05:49 PM   #5

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
https://www.amazon.com/Nashone-Wirel...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Whichever you buy, add this linked item to it.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 05:51 PM   #6

THOR #25115
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
This time of year Ollie's usually has a ton of space heaters on sale. They currently have a tower one by GE but it's not very good.

A couple of years ago we picked up a LifeSmart LifePro 1500 space heater with remote and digital thermostat, high speed and low speed fan settings and an "Eco" setting. Was under $50.

Tractor supply has them for $64 now:

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...0aAjxYEALw_wcB
Is that a ceramic heater. I don稚 see that thing tipping over 😁
Old 12-24-2021, 07:21 PM   #7
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by burch View Post
Is that a ceramic heater. I don稚 see that thing tipping over 😁
Product Details
Create a comfortable environment with this Comfort Zone CZ2018 Quartz Cabinet Heater. This cabinet heater offers plenty of power and is ideal for use in offices and homes, especially in drafty spaces. The heater's quartz bulbs reflect heat onto nearby objects just like the sun, warming the area in front of the heater gently and efficiently. Featuring an eco-friendly mode that limits the amount of energy the heater draws, this digital heater lets you monitor your energy consumption and adjust the heat setting to minimize your usage and reduce your electricity bill. A large, easy-to-read digital display informs you of the room's current temperature and a full-function remote control allows for easy temperature control from across the room. You can also set a timer on this cabinet heater for up to 12 hours with auto-shut off once the desired time frame is reached. The quartz heater has advanced safety features and comes equipped with a tough metal safety grill over the bulbs to help prevent them from breaking or coming into contact with flammable items. A built-in sensor shuts the unit off immediately when it reaches an unsafe temperature, helping to prevent damage due to overheating.

Infrared cabinet heater can effectively heat medium-sized rooms
Large digital temperature display shows you the current temperature of the room so you can adjust your heat output as necessary
Advanced safety system includes a safety tip-over cutoff switch, an overheat protection sensor to automatically shut the unit off in case of overheating and stay cool housing
A large, easy-to-read digital display informs you of the room's current temperature and a full-function remote control allows for easy temperature control from across the room
Set a timer for up to 12-hours with auto-shutoff once the desired time frame is reached
Eco friendly mode available to reduce energy consumption
Tough metal safety grill over the bulbs prevents them from breaking or coming into contact with flammable items
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 07:45 PM   #8

THOR #25115
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Product Details
Create a comfortable environment with this Comfort Zone CZ2018 Quartz Cabinet Heater. This cabinet heater offers plenty of power and is ideal for use in offices and homes, especially in drafty spaces. The heater's quartz bulbs reflect heat onto nearby objects just like the sun, warming the area in front of the heater gently and efficiently. Featuring an eco-friendly mode that limits the amount of energy the heater draws, this digital heater lets you monitor your energy consumption and adjust the heat setting to minimize your usage and reduce your electricity bill. A large, easy-to-read digital display informs you of the room's current temperature and a full-function remote control allows for easy temperature control from across the room. You can also set a timer on this cabinet heater for up to 12 hours with auto-shut off once the desired time frame is reached. The quartz heater has advanced safety features and comes equipped with a tough metal safety grill over the bulbs to help prevent them from breaking or coming into contact with flammable items. A built-in sensor shuts the unit off immediately when it reaches an unsafe temperature, helping to prevent damage due to overheating.

Infrared cabinet heater can effectively heat medium-sized rooms
Large digital temperature display shows you the current temperature of the room so you can adjust your heat output as necessary
Advanced safety system includes a safety tip-over cutoff switch, an overheat protection sensor to automatically shut the unit off in case of overheating and stay cool housing
A large, easy-to-read digital display informs you of the room's current temperature and a full-function remote control allows for easy temperature control from across the room
Set a timer for up to 12-hours with auto-shutoff once the desired time frame is reached
Eco friendly mode available to reduce energy consumption
Tough metal safety grill over the bulbs prevents them from breaking or coming into contact with flammable items
Thanks a lot. I think I値l find me one 👍
Old 12-24-2021, 10:33 PM   #9

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Whatever you get buy a good one. I had a cheap Chinese ceramic heater catch fire one morning. It was dramatic and might have been catastrophic if we壇 been outside or asleep. I use an oil filled radiator style now that cost about $150. Not that spending more is necessarily better but I trust this one enough to leave it on at night.
Old 12-24-2021, 11:42 PM   #10

THOR #25115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Whatever you get buy a good one. I had a cheap Chinese ceramic heater catch fire one morning. It was dramatic and might have been catastrophic if we壇 been outside or asleep. I use an oil filled radiator style now that cost about $150. Not that spending more is necessarily better but I trust this one enough to leave it on at night.
Sound advise
Old 12-24-2021, 11:50 PM   #11

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
Peronist brand
Available at Walmart
$15.73
It has 3 different wattages, 1500 watts max
Has a button pressure switch on bottom that turns off unit if it tips over.
Made in China
Have one of those and it does a decent job.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2021, 12:19 AM   #12

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #21919
More work but I installed a 20 amp, 1800 watt heat strip in my roof AC unit. Space saving and impossible to kick over.
Old 12-25-2021, 04:45 AM   #13

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
We use the Aquahot electric element, fireplace, and if on un-metered electric then a couple of thermostatically controlled space heaters

One in front and one in back and one Quartz and one Ceramic

Both around 50 bucks each

One of our oil filled heaters blew up in the Landmark creating quite a mess but luckily no fire

Due to size the remaining oil units are on thermocubes for backup heat in lake house and shop

Most of the camp grounds we stay at are metered now so usually burn diesel

The Aquahot has to be on for the radiators in the basement regardless

I have almost always have had hot plugs when operating space heaters on 1500 watts for several hours

It is much safer to operate them on 750 watts
Old 12-26-2021, 02:03 AM   #14

Model: Magnitude SV34
THOR #20809
have 2 and love them. the ability to remotely monitor and turn off/on when we are getting back to or leaving is fantastic.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1