Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-12-2020, 06:50 PM   #41

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philturnersr View Post
On utube there multiple sites covering sewer pipe storage. On my 28A I made a storage tube from a plastic fence post from Home Depot which I mounted on my rear bumper.....many different mounting options.....it fits my hoses and fishing rods at other end.
Pictures

2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 06:53 PM   #42

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Arizona
THOR #6311
Sewer hose doesn't fit Thor's storage

Sewer hoses for years fit inside of a 4" pvc pipe but in the last few years some manufactures have "improved" their hoses, they are the same 3" but have much larger ends on them. If you find a lower priced hose it will have the ends that fit your storage container.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:02 PM   #43

Model: Delano 24TT
THOR #19066
I have looked everywhere for a sewer hose that will fit. If you know of a supplier that carries a hose that will fit please let me know. Thanks in advance. Doc
Old 08-12-2020, 08:36 PM   #44

State: Florida
THOR #18781
Sewer Hose Won’t Fit in Storage Tube.

I purchased a 2020 Thor Delano 24TT. When we took delivery the salesman was suggesting all sorts of things to purchase and suggested a sewer hose. I looked at the storage tube and said if you can get it to fit, I’ll buy it. He obviously couldn’t. I also tried to get an answer from Thor without success. I use a nylon bag stored in a locker.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:38 PM   #45
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
The macerator that I saw ran on DC power. How did you get 12-volt power to your dump bay?
Getting it there is just a routing wire and fusing it at the power source. The gauge wire should be a lot heaver than you think. I used 10GA do to the distance from my batteries on my old fifth wheel.

I do have the macerator as a backup for my Palazzo, but have put battery clips on the power wire and shortened the length. The batteries are a very short distance from the wet bay. Too small gauge will burn out the macerator due to low voltage. The macerator allows me to dump the tanks at home if need be.

The only other thing not mentioned about the macerator is the need for a 3/4 inch diameter hose. Do not connect a half inch or 5/8 inch diameter hose. It will not pump well and shorten the pumps life. If very short, 15 foot, the 5/8 in diameter hose will work.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:55 PM   #46

THOR #19066
I just received this email from Thor Motor Coach customer service.
"Many of the current aftermarket hoses do not fit in the tube compartment due to the fittings on the end. The one I have found that works for your application is the Prest-O-Fit 1-0067 DuraFoam Premium Sewer Hose - 10'. You can find that on Amazon."
I looked it up and appears that it will work. THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND ADVICE... Doc
Old 08-12-2020, 09:13 PM   #47

State: Florida
THOR #18781
Prest-O-Fit 1-0067 DuraFoam Premium Sewer Hose

Unfortunately it still requires connecting removing the intake and outtake fittings before and after each use.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:03 PM   #48

State: Illinois
THOR #4121
Sewer connector

Don't know if it's the same issue, but on my 35m the front sewer connector wasn't placed facing in a proper direction which I fought for a couple of months buying off center connectors. I finally realized that if I loosened the pipe at the shut off valves I could rotate it into a position that works and now is just a not so fond memory. Like my camper, just wish these kind of things from the factory weren't an issue.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:08 PM   #49

State: Ohio
THOR #17905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docsqrt1 View Post
We have a 2020 Thor Delano 24TT that has a sewer hose storage compartment just large enough in diameter to receive a sewer hose body but too small to accept the larger diameter connectors unless one is removed. Our dealer has suggested removing one of the connectors. If this is done the hose will fit and the remaining end connector will shoulder up to the entrance end of the compartment when completely inserted. However, removing and installing one of the connectors, before and after each use, in order to store it, does not sound like a viable much less a sanitary solution. We have contacted Thor; however, they have not come back with an answer. Does anyone in the Thor Forums community know of a sewer hose that will fit this compartment without messy assembly/disassembly of the connectors? Thanks in advance Doc…
We are also the owners of a 2020 Delano, we share the same issue regarding the hose compartment. Thanks for posting.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:13 PM   #50
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
MLP,
10 Gauge: Thanks!
Old 08-13-2020, 12:17 AM   #51
MLP

THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docsqrt1 View Post
I just received this email from Thor Motor Coach customer service.
"Many of the current aftermarket hoses do not fit in the tube compartment due to the fittings on the end. The one I have found that works for your application is the Prest-O-Fit 1-0067 DuraFoam Premium Sewer Hose - 10'. You can find that on Amazon."
I looked it up and appears that it will work. THANKS TO ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND ADVICE... Doc

Just took a look at that hose on line. I would not get that unless it is 100% in the shade. We have a member in out local camping group that had a cheep thin blue one like that and it disintegrated in two hours in the 102 degree sun! I had to warn him not to drain his tank without looking at the hose that has been siting in the sun. The metal reinforcement was all that was left on the top! Hose was new.
Old 08-13-2020, 12:56 AM   #52

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDB401 View Post
Unfortunately it still requires connecting removing the intake and outtake fittings before and after each use.
Yup, if OP wishes to go that route suggested by Thor, I had given OP an options for heavy duty fitting in post #15

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Camco-39543....c100005.m1851

It is only $10 and he can use existing hose. It is what I would do, if I was adamant about use the existing storage area.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 08-13-2020, 01:17 AM   #53
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Hey Ducky,
Sunroofs?!?
You think like a deliciously evil mad scientist!
Old 08-13-2020, 01:29 AM   #54

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Hey Ducky,
Sunroofs?!?
You think like a deliciously evil mad scientist!
Hey, everybody needs a hobby.

I am from the limberger in the intake vents under the windshield clan myself(in arizona the dead fish just dry out into jerky. Must... Use...stink... Cheese... Grasshopper)
I never knew anyone with a sunroof who needed punished. But now that I have a macerator

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 01:37 AM   #55
MLP

THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Yup, if OP wishes to go that route suggested by Thor, I had given OP an options for heavy duty fitting in post #15

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Camco-39543....c100005.m1851

It is only $10 and he can use existing hose. It is what I would do, if I was adamant about use the existing storage area.

Good solution. I actually used them on my backup sewer hose. I tested them and had a drop or two leak through the clamps. I removed the clamp and the hose form the fittings and added some Dicor Roof sealant and that fix that problem. This is perhaps the best solution to the problem. Note that I used Dicor because I had it on hand, water proof, and I was too cheep to purchase a tube of Marine Sealant. I really like this stuff, but one week cure time.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/3M-5200-...00HC/202258948
Old 08-13-2020, 02:03 AM   #56

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post

I am from the limberger in the intake vents under the windshield clan myself(in arizona the dead fish just dry out into jerky. Must... Use...stink... Cheese... Grasshopper)
I never knew anyone with a sunroof who needed punished. But now that I have a macerator
You Mad Duck Bro?
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2020, 02:14 AM   #57

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
You Mad Duck Bro?
Nope.
I'm https://www.whitepages.com/name/Justa-Duck

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:57 PM   #58

State: Utah
THOR #19862
Same problem with Thor Tellaro (2021). Design flaw! I kept the locking connector end and put a Valterra termination adapter on the other end which fits inside the storage tube. I also keep a box of cheap surgical gloves to use when emptying my holding tanks.
Old 08-13-2020, 01:12 PM   #59
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1597324346
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Horrified.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	25541  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 12:12 AM   #60

Model: Delano
THOR #18975
Doc,

I'm a new Delano owner (and new to the Forums) and I had the same problem. I made a holder out of a vinyl fence post with an internal "drawer" (vinyl gutter) and mounted it to the frame. There are conveniently placed bolt holes just in front of the skid protectors on the back end of the frame that I used for mounting. I chose not to use a store bought holder because I would have had to drill into the storage compartments to mount it - didn't feel right drilling holes in my new rig just to mount a poop tube...the joke will be on me, however, if my homemade "solution" falls off on the freeway and I'm up a creek without a sewer hose...

I see u think u found a solution but will post pics of what I did if you still want another option. My rig is in the shop for minor warranty work so I cant do it right away but happy to once I get it back if you are interested.

BTW - this is not the only design flaw with the plumbing. Have you figured out how to hook up to water AND close the storage door? Doesn't seem right to have to keep the entire door open while hooked up to water...may end up drilling holes in my storage compartment after all!