Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-17-2023, 03:35 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SV34
State: Massachusetts
THOR #29509
Warranty Support - Customer Service

Hi

We purchased our 2023 Thor Omni SV34 in April Camping World. We have had various warranty issues and have been in monthly appointments with CW ever since.

There is a list of items that CW was reportedly ordering parts under warranty for. I called Thor Warranty to see if the parts were ordered yet as our next monthly appointment at CW is this thursday (7/20/23). They said only one item has been ordered. I then called CW to confirm the service appointhemt and the parts status and they said it was on order from Thor ?!?!?!?!

Does anyone know if there is an elevated customer service team at Thor that can help cut through the BS and assist us with getting CW to work on our rig? I know everyone is "understaffed" but what the heck ever happened to customer service??

Even CW doesn't havey ANY customer service. They are the only Thor dealer in the whole state of Massachusetts (three locations).

Thanks for any insight provided.
-Mc

Old 07-17-2023, 04:06 PM   #2

State: Texas
THOR #24216
Try Jeannine Ranstead
jranstead@tmcrv.com

Welcome to warranty repair purgatory.
Old 07-17-2023, 04:13 PM   #3

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
List your problems here.
With the proper guidance you or a handyman may be able to fix a dozen of them in two hours negating the need for an appointment or a part.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 04:16 PM   #4

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Detroit View Post
Hi

We purchased our 2023 Thor Omni SV34 in April Camping World. We have had various warranty issues and have been in monthly appointments with CW ever since.

There is a list of items that CW was reportedly ordering parts under warranty for. I called Thor Warranty to see if the parts were ordered yet as our next monthly appointment at CW is this thursday (7/20/23). They said only one item has been ordered. I then called CW to confirm the service appointhemt and the parts status and they said it was on order from Thor ?!?!?!?!

Does anyone know if there is an elevated customer service team at Thor that can help cut through the BS and assist us with getting CW to work on our rig? I know everyone is "understaffed" but what the heck ever happened to customer service??

Even CW doesn't havey ANY customer service. They are the only Thor dealer in the whole state of Massachusetts (three locations).

Thanks for any insight provided.
-Mc
Thor MC has great customer service, their warranty service is dealer specific. My two warranty repairs were done by a mobile RV mechanic at my home. Thor MC sent me the parts and reimbursed me for the repairs.

I have had my coach repaired twice due to collision with other vehicles. The first repair was done by a Jayco dealer (Youngblood's RV) with my insurance paying ($3,200). Thor MC supplied all the requested parts in one week. The repairs and repaint took two weeks. The second repair was from a side swipe. Iron Horse RV did the repair ($9,044) in three weeks including repaint. Thor MC supplied all the requested parts with in a week of the request. FoMoCo could not replace the needed parts in a timely fashion, so Iron Horse RV had them fabricated locally. Insurance paid for the repair.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 04:39 PM   #5

THOR #29509
Post Warranty Support - Customer Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
List your problems here.
With the proper guidance you or a handyman may be able to fix a dozen of them in two hours negating the need for an appointment or a part.
Believe me I've tried. I've had do diagnose many of the below issues with phone calls and e-mails to Thor then tell CW what the problems are to try to get them to fix. Thor, in my call today, said that that they could not send me parts (as its under warranty) and CW had to request/repair them. Per Thor CW submitted and was authroized the warranty work on the below but have only part odered was the # wall item below. Per CW today they said all parts on order with Thor - I told them that Thor just said that no parts orders they have from CW - Very Strange way to run a business. seems CW would just wants to order a new part vs. analyzing/fixing anything.

Partly, I want all of these issues to be resolved via the warranty process so if there is something lingering beyond the first year it should still be under warranty as a continuing item.

Below are the issues we are currently having:

New Items:

1. Outside of the RV entry door has a crack coming through the outside wall. The RV door lock has been an issue from the start. On our first trip two weeks after purchase the inside door handle fell off. Thor overnighted us a new assembly and I replaced. However, the door never shut correctly and we had to close it from the outside for the night and climb in through the Ford cab. CW "fixed" this mostly but still not 100%

2. House battery not being charged from Ford chassis battery (when driving, running, etc.)

a. Drove for 8hrs with the inverter on to keep the refrigerator cold. Dry camped for the night and ran the generator for several hours. Stopped generator before sleeping. The house battery charge was too low to start the generator in the morning. Even starting the Ford chassis didn’t provide enough charge to start the generator.

3. Leveling jacks not retracting all the way – various lights blinking on panel.

a. When jacks are raised, they only go up about ½ way then stop with lights blinking on panel. Require to Turn system off then back on to reset and raise the jacks again. Jacks retract remaining way but system stops with panel lights all blinking again.

Continuing Issues:

4. Plywood poking ¼ inch hole in the vinyl on passenger side on the wall between the coach/cab separator wall.

5. Hot Water Heater – replace sensor (part on order from Thor)

6. GoPower Solar Controller not connected – Needs four pin Connection. never done at factory. Part is only a cable about 12 inches long but Thor will not send to be as only CW can "install" it. Not sure how the factory nor CW ever missed it. Probably CW used "robbed parts" from RV's when preping RVs for sale.

a. Called Thor tech. support and GoPower Solar tech support already.

7. Livingroom wall buckled – to be replaced.

8. Several drawers in the bedroom do not close correctly – marked with post-its. The soft close slides do not operate correctly. Some are digging into the wood side of the drawer.

9. Driver side external storage compartment - drain plug is jammed up/broken. CW is to replace the enitre storage bin.

10. Rear-center brake light is falling off. Probably just needs some additional double sided tape but as it is not critical and an easy fix if needbe I still wanted it to be under Warranty. CW was going to order a new light vs. fixing the tape - weird.

Thanks,
-Mc
Old 07-17-2023, 04:40 PM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Ask CW for the PO numbers for the parts then contact Thor.

CW is not verifying the parts were ordered, they’re just telling you what they want you to hear. Asking for the PO numbers makes them look and verify.
Old 07-17-2023, 04:47 PM   #7

THOR #29509
Thanks - great Idea - I was trying to get copies of the CW workorders as well.
Old 07-17-2023, 06:03 PM   #8

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
Ask your Thor representative to authorize another repair facility. CW has already gone as far as they are readily willing to go. After all, they did sell sell you the rig and they cashed the check. That is the corporate mission of CW and the personal ethos of Marcus Lemonis. Nothing else matters to either entity. If either really cared, there would not be so many similar stories on RV forums across the inter webs.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:38 PM   #9

THOR #29509
The Thor member PM'd me and asked me for my VIN to have a Customer Service Representative assigned to me.

Hopefully a CSR will be able to assist. Has anyone dealt with their CSR before? What are they able to do (and what can't they do)?

TIA
Old 07-17-2023, 08:03 PM   #10

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Happy Campers stay away from CW. All they want to do is sell RV's amd toys from the very well stocked stores. They could care less about customer "service".
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 08:40 PM   #11

Model: Hurricane 35m
State: North Carolina
THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Happy Campers stay away from CW. All they want to do is sell RV's amd toys from the very well stocked stores. They could care less about customer "service".

I found Thor Customer service just as bad. Our brand new rig blew/ gernaded the engine and some VP of Customer service just blew us off! Cost me thousands since we were 600 miles from home and didn't have toad on trip.

Guess I should off gotten PDI on New Engine!

Ford took care of us, they said Thor probably caused it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	55123.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	237.9 KB
ID:	42822  
Old 07-17-2023, 09:05 PM   #12
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy1111 View Post
I found Thor Customer service just as bad. Our brand new rig blew/ gernaded the engine and some VP of Customer service just blew us off! Cost me thousands since we were 600 miles from home and didn't have toad on trip.

How did "Thor probably cause it"??
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 09:06 PM   #13

THOR #11130
What was Ford's logic in blaming Thor for Ford's engine blowing? What was it Thor did that caused that?
Old 07-17-2023, 09:08 PM   #14
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
What was Ford's logic in blaming Thor for Ford's engine blowing? What was it Thor did that caused that?
I asked first!
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 09:11 PM   #15

THOR #11130
It was a tie...you moved mine to the bottom.
Old 07-17-2023, 09:40 PM   #16

THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Cause they touched it! Ha

Will answer when get done cooking dinner.
Old 07-17-2023, 09:46 PM   #17

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy1111 View Post

If you read the sales contract - Thor built the house and does not warranty the Detroit Chassis built chassis or the Ford parts used used in the stripped chassis. The entire F-53 chassis is warranted by FoMoCo. All the items installed in the Thor MC house are warranted their respective manufacturers. The warranty is not like an automobile. Even the coach floor is warranted by the manufacturer; Thor MC is responsible only for the instillation, so if the installation has a wrinkle in it or a tile is the wrong color, it is Thor MC fault. If the color wears off in the first year, it is the manufactures fault.
Owners insist taking a bad Onan generator back to the selling dealer expecting a dealer to have the parts and expertise to repair it. It is not a Thor MC warranted item, so why not take to a Cummins Onan dealer which stock the parts for repair and have the trained mechanics to repair it and warranty it.
Don't get me stated on A/Cs.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2023, 01:55 AM   #18

THOR #13505
Hey Jim!

Blah blah blah

My boss lady retired navy zero that ran com centers from sub pins to Seal Admirals coms, com centers in mountains to my broker in charge of of my realeste company in Jville Nc at Camp Lejeune. SHE knows how to read contracts with a ruler line by line!

I just needed help stuck in a cow field road and they left us hanging 600 miles from home.

Thor left US hanging! They Suck!

You want to explain who is responsible for my crap box vegas that ate 3 windshields in 1.5 years. Found out thor jnew the issue on 2015 models and had paid for the 1st windshield that spidered from just driving the rig!

I bought 1 year old rig after reading on this board to do that cause most problems would be fixed! Haha

I have an 8 year warranty on our rig now and bad ass repair shop at the dealership! Thank god!

About to get LCI crap slide motors and rails replace for the 3rd time on living room slide that has no appliances on it!

And I can make a list of dozens of other issues that had to be repaired!!!!

I built 10 to 12 custom homes a year for the last 20 years and never had the issues of this wobble box crap thor builds!

U think my military customers cared where I got the materials from! My name was on the house!
My only issues ever was appliance's bought from Lowes!

Use to be owning a boat was a money pit! Ha
I have owned a dozen over last 30 years. Never had issues like owning a Thor

My parker 28ft never has issues like Thor! Probably cause they have badass QA!

Try again to save face with Thor.

Fyi! I love my rig setup. Just goes to shop all the time to fix Thors crapy build of products they buy off the shelf
Old 07-18-2023, 02:03 AM   #19

THOR #13505
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post

Because they drove it to dealership low on oil for 1000 miles and engine check like wire had been disconnected during build.

I took it 1st day to my local ford dealership to groom 1st day we brought it home and they did oil change snd lubed rig.

Oil ports were jacked, and fried 3 cams out of 4

My new engine was dyno twice!
Old 07-18-2023, 03:22 AM   #20

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
I never bought a Thor but I tried very very hard. I found Thor Customer Service to be extremely helpful. Maybe it was Product Customer Support and NOT Service Customer Support?

I had list of issues 5 times longer than what you show before my sale, but Dealer refuse to commit fix. Some items they said they would fix if I bought

I get things can go wrong, and nothing worse than having something go wrong with a large RV; but I just have trouble believing you can be #1 at anything and have such a poor product or Customer Service. I mean you just can't stay in business.

As for as CW, we got lucky from there own arrogant policies. Exactly 6 weeks before we would fly to Florida to buy our coach we would see one online 5 hours away at a CW. We drive to go see one day and had 3 CW Sales reps almost maul us at the door. I said we came up from Dallas to see the 29ve. They wanted us to go in their offices, sit down, cozy up, and I said we didn't have time just wanted to see the coach, they then said we had to provide our drivers license to see the coach I refused not believing in a million years they would play the hardball. They did and we walked. Fate was on our side of rightness as we found the same coach with a newer version, more modern, and better price at a La Mesa RV. But with that said play the CW card out while under warranty but start now on finding a Mobile Tech to work with.

Sounds like Thor is going to investigate for you, but for kicks, here is my 2 cents on your issues.
Below are the issues we are currently having:

New Items:

1. Outside of the RV entry door has a crack coming through the outside wall. The RV door lock has been an issue from the start. On our first trip two weeks after purchase the inside door handle fell off. Thor overnighted us a new assembly and I replaced. However, the door never shut correctly and we had to close it from the outside for the night and climb in through the Ford cab. CW "fixed" this mostly but still not 100%

CW fixed? Not sure what the problem is now? "Mostly but not 100%? IMO, something failed / broke and they fixed. If something else is wrong what is that?

2. House battery not being charged from Ford chassis battery (when driving, running, etc.)

a. Drove for 8hrs with the inverter on to keep the refrigerator cold. Dry camped for the night and ran the generator for several hours. Stopped generator before sleeping. The house battery charge was too low to start the generator in the morning. Even starting the Ford chassis didn’t provide enough charge to start the generator.

It is simple diagnosis if alternator charges house batteries or not, provide voltage of house batteries and the start the engine to see if house batteries voltage jump. I had same problem with my new SOB as it would barely make it through the night. My NAPA batteries were technically still good, but not enough juice to run the things I wanted from quiet time to 8:00 am. The batteries were under warranty, but I opted to buy to brand new 125ah vmax tanks. I can go 2 days with my normal use. No solar, but I do have genny to come on very early @12.5vdc just to run genny 2 hrs a day

3. Leveling jacks not retracting all the way – various lights blinking on panel.

a. When jacks are raised, they only go up about ½ way then stop with lights blinking on panel. Require to Turn system off then back on to reset and raise the jacks again. Jacks retract remaining way but system stops with panel lights all blinking again.

This is a Mfg defect, but is Thor responsible? Good you have warranty, I would work with Mfg of the Jacks and Panel

Continuing Issues:

4. Plywood poking ¼ inch hole in the vinyl on passenger side on the wall between the coach/cab separator wall.

Sounds like a Thor Mfg Workmanship issue. Why do you say continuing? Have they fixed and it keep coming back?

5. Hot Water Heater – replace sensor (part on order from Thor)
This is good part on order, but if you buy a new house and the ice maker stop working in your Samsung fridge to you blame the home builder?

6. GoPower Solar Controller not connected – Needs four pin Connection. never done at factory. Part is only a cable about 12 inches long but Thor will not send to be as only CW can "install" it. Not sure how the factory nor CW ever missed it. Probably CW used "robbed parts" from RV's when preping RVs for sale.

This is the type of issue I saw lots of. The new RVs from Thor on the dealer lots I visited with intent to buy had simply been abused. I was fortunate to have Thor Customer Service talk to me on the phone before I bought and they would tell me what belong to the Dealer and what would be warranted by TMC. My salesman agreed but he had no power to make the Dealer fix things before I would commit to buy.

a. Called Thor tech. support and GoPower Solar tech support already.

7. Livingroom wall buckled – to be replaced.
Item fail under warranty, they going to replace

8. Several drawers in the bedroom do not close correctly – marked with post-its. The soft close slides do not operate correctly. Some are digging into the wood side of the drawer.

You got me here?

9. Driver side external storage compartment - drain plug is jammed up/broken. CW is to replace the enitre storage bin.

10. Rear-center brake light is falling off. Probably just needs some additional double sided tape but as it is not critical and an easy fix if needbe I still wanted it to be under Warranty. CW was going to order a new light vs. fixing the tape - weird.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
warranty customer service