Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-18-2021, 08:03 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksroskel View Post
I had the understanding that even though I got the 95 psi I could still run 100 psi or 105 psi and the crossfire would still work. Just the indicator on the crossfire would not be accurate. Since I run the TST TPMS I am not worried about an incorrect reading on the crossfire as long as it keeps the tire pressure equal
It wouldn't bother me to see over reading but don't want it to show under reading on the crossfire. That would be like looking at a gauge in the helicopter with wrong range markings even though I know limitations. I'm running the RVi TPMS so I do see in the cab what's really happening. With 105 I'm right in the middle of the reference gauge but of course that's cold. During stops on a trip I expect to see "high" readings. And again, if the selected pressure bother me enough I'll get the equipment to match what I'm doing. I'm kind of anal that way.

2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2021, 03:50 PM   #22

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunker21 View Post
These are 3 improvements I have made so far. Second one cost me nothing. Type of improvement I like. Obviously the recliners cost the most and the Crossfire has come collateral expenditures. 3/4" torque wrench and some extensions.

If you're curious what the faucet is. Thor in their "wisdom" put the water control knob over the counter guaranteeing a wet counter when washing hands. Firm grip and twisted it. I think I should maybe have waited to order the Crossfire when I was firm on my rear tire PSI. I'll run 105 which makes the readings in the unit valid to see. Recliners are RecPro powered recliners in fabric, not the fake leather-look stuff.

Yes it needs washing.
So what the hell was the improvement on the faucet??? Did I miss that???
Old 08-19-2021, 04:48 PM   #23

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
So what the hell was the improvement on the faucet??? Did I miss that???
When Thor installed the kitchen sink and faucet, they positioned the shutoff valve over the counter. When you reach up to turn the water off, water drips on the counter making something else to clean up. I rotated the handle 90* so that it's over the sink, not counter. Besides being cleaner, it's intuitive.

EDIT adding; I don't have a picture of one but look at an advertised listing for one for sale and look at the sink faucet.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 08-22-2021, 09:57 AM   #24

THOR #22586
Quote:
Haven't driven with it on yet but mounted it similar to how judge did. Set vale stems 180 out and bolted to lug nut between them. I am considering centramatic as I had it on my DP front and rear. Very satisfied with it but I'll take a wait and see/feel approach. In a few days I'm going to go out for a test drive and fuel up for the upcoming trip and I'll comment if I notice any vibrations.
Took it out for a few mile drive and fueling and didn't feel any out of balance vibration. When I got back I checked the torque on the wheels and all good. I tried to get the Ford hub caps back on and couldn't get them aligned and pounded on. Decided to leave them off since I want to re-torque after a couple hundred miles anyway. I'll find something similar to what Judge used. Nicer and less intrusive.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 08-25-2021, 04:07 AM   #25

Model: Omni XG32
State: California
THOR #18499
I received the couch and installed it today. OMG, it is so comfortable. I don't know why I waited to do this. Now to build side tables. Of course the wife wants shoe holders/shelves built-in and a door to access the space behind the couch to use as storage.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210824_171653.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	33064   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210824_165720.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	33065  

Old 08-25-2021, 04:19 AM   #26

THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tire View Post
I received the couch and installed it today. OMG, it is so comfortable. I don't know why I waited to do this. Now to build side tables. Of course the wife wants shoe holders/shelves built-in and a door to access the space behind the couch to use as storage.
Is that the recpro? Did you have much trouble getting the old stuff out? Probably would have been easier using a chain saw but figured I'd sell it or put it back in if I have problems and decide to sell.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 08-25-2021, 04:37 AM   #27

THOR #18499
List of improvements:
1) New theater seats
2) Dash mounts for gps & tire monitor
3) Ram mounts center console, phone & handheld radio
4) Biometric safe in center console, under carpet
5) Shelving in "coat" closet
6) Bidet
7) Spare tire mount
8) Queen bed, real size. Added strut locks to keep bed raised when the slides is in.
9) Solar
10) Lithium batteries
11) Dinette, under both storage and access door.
12) Refrigerator bracket, across the entire top of the refer.
13) Bath Vanity cabinets, added shelves
14) Maxxair fans. All 3 locations.
15) New Bumper
16) New tires Toyo m655
17) Led light bars, front and back
18) Key rack
19) Dork Light rack (headlamp)
20) Replaced extinguisher with Halgard extinguisher.
21) Kitchen pull out drawer. Added a slide lock.
22) Cutting board stove top covers
23) Neoprene cover for Jensen stereo, too much light at night
24) USB outlets, replaced all of them with marine grade usb outlets with smart chargers
25) Trimetric Monitor
26) Installed Crossfires

I might have a mod addiction
Old 08-25-2021, 04:40 AM   #28

THOR #18499
Quote:
Is that the recpro? Did you have much trouble getting the old stuff out? Probably would have been easier using a chain saw but figured I'd sell it or put it back in if I have problems and decide to sell.
No. I removed the sides from each chair section. Took the screen door strut off, thanks to you, and carried them out. They are going in the garbage. I couldn't, in good conscience, sell or even give them to someone!
Old 08-25-2021, 11:42 AM   #29

THOR #22586
Quote:
No. I removed the sides from each chair section. Took the screen door strut off, thanks to you, and carried them out. They are going in the garbage. I couldn't, in good conscience, sell or even give them to someone!
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 08-25-2021, 12:07 PM   #30

Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Alaska
THOR #18758
Quote:
List of improvements:
1) New theater seats
6) Bidet
7) Spare tire mount
8) Queen bed, real size. Added strut locks to keep bed raised when the slides is in.
9) Solar
10) Lithium batteries
15) New Bumper
16) New tires Toyo m655
18) Key rack
24) USB outlets, replaced all of them with marine grade usb outlets with smart chargers
25) Trimetric Monitor
26) Installed Crossfires

Ok, I have to see the LED bars. I want to do that and use the upfitters as well. If you have pics and link for the bars you used, would be greatly appreciated. Also the USB ports as well.
Old 08-25-2021, 12:39 PM   #31

THOR #22586
Quote:
List of improvements:
1) New theater seats
6) Bidet
7) Spare tire mount
9) Solar
10) Lithium batteries
15) New Bumper
16) New tires Toyo m655
18) Key rack
25) Trimetric Monitor
26) Installed Crossfires

I'd like to see the bed mod also. My previous DP had a real queen and the PO put in a version of Tempurpedic, version sold by Sam's at the time, which was very comfortable. Unlike coiled or box spring mattress they can be trimmed with a long blade knife. I had transferred it to my toy hauler and unfortunately a buyer saw and laid on it before I could swap it for a regular mattress. She likely would have walked if I had swapped so I lost it. I have considered getting another tempurpedic but they are incredibly expensive and I'm not sure which of the versions is what's needed. They have a "no return policy" so what you get you are stuck with. In my GFs 5th wheel we put in a real queen from Sams and it's very comfortable. So far the RV queen in the Omni is "OK" but I know its life expectancy is limited.

The biometric safe mentioned, is that between the front seats?

I've done some of the things you mentioned also, key racks, pots/pan drawer latch, wardrobe shelving and shoe compartments. Fixed my bumper that was put on wrong from the factory and have considered replacing with something that doesn't like it came off a bumper car.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 08-25-2021, 03:03 PM   #32

THOR #18499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmthrust View Post
Ok, I have to see the LED bars. I want to do that and use the upfitters as well. If you have pics and link for the bars you used, would be greatly appreciated. Also the USB ports as well.
The front long bar is vision x, the other two are Amazon nilight. Rear bars are all ones I had on other vehicles at one time.
USB ports I bought at West Marine. The only use I had installing them was at the front under cabinet. The usb outlet was too long to fit in the space. I had to make an extension, finished 1x drilled a hole and mounted it to the underside of the cabinet. Then intakes the outlet.
I found it on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07HH...b_b_asin_title
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210713_181753.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	33067   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210713_181843.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	33068  

Old 08-25-2021, 03:16 PM   #33

THOR #18499
Quote:
I'd like to see the bed mod also. My previous DP had a real queen and the PO put in a version of Tempurpedic, version sold by Sam's at the time, which was very comfortable. Unlike coiled or box spring mattress they can be trimmed with a long blade knife. I had transferred it to my toy hauler and unfortunately a buyer saw and laid on it before I could swap it for a regular mattress. She likely would have walked if I had swapped so I lost it. I have considered getting another tempurpedic but they are incredibly expensive and I'm not sure which of the versions is what's needed. They have a "no return policy" so what you get you are stuck with. In my GFs 5th wheel we put in a real queen from Sams and it's very comfortable. So far the RV queen in the Omni is "OK" but I know its life expectancy is limited.

The biometric safe mentioned, is that between the front seats?

I've done some of the things you mentioned also, key racks, pots/pan drawer latch, wardrobe shelving and shoe compartments. Fixed my bumper that was put on wrong from the factory and have considered replacing with something that doesn't like it came off a bumper car.
The bed needs to be raised when you close the slide. I use these lift supports https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002...b_b_asin_title
I lift the access panel up and put the lift supports on. I can still use the bed with the slide closed, just lower the bed. It touches the hanging closet, but I can sleep at an angle.
Safe is between the seats. Just don't let anyone know.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20200417_165645_057.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	33069  
Old 08-25-2021, 03:19 PM   #34

THOR #18499
Safe pic taken from the passenger side with the carpet folded forward over the cup holders.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20210824_211721.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	33070  
Old 08-25-2021, 03:43 PM   #35

THOR #22586
Quote:
The bed needs to be raised when you close the slide. I use these lift supports https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002...b_b_asin_title
I lift the access panel up and put the lift supports on. I can still use the bed with the slide closed, just lower the bed. It touches the hanging closet, but I can sleep at an angle.
It's our secret. Is the mattress a foam style like tempurpedic? Something that will bend easily rather than coil springs? When my slide is in, the existing RV queen is firmly against the wardrobe so is yours leaning against it if you leave the slide in and use the bed? GF got a foam topper for it and thought it was a memory foam laminated type. Wasn't, it was just foam and it was a heat holder and uncomfortable. She had bought the memory foam layered/laminated type for her 5th wheel bunks from amazon and reordered the same thing. They changed it and before we noticed the difference we had cut it and couldn't return. So far the stock is OK but as I said previously, I know it's just a matter of time and it will go the way of most RV mattress.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 08-25-2021, 03:51 PM   #36

THOR #22586
Quote:
Since much of the house is flimsily built I would be cautious of putting much weight on the bed platform when retracted. Doesn't look well supported to be. We figure it would require gingerly climbing in and out. Probably easier to use the over cab bunk on those rare occasions.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 08-25-2021, 05:10 PM   #37

THOR #18499
Quote:
Since much of the house is flimsily built I would be cautious of putting much weight on the bed platform when retracted. Doesn't look well supported to be. We figure it would require gingerly climbing in and out. Probably easier to use the over cab bunk on those rare occasions.
Mattress is foam 8" with 2" gel topper. With slides in, the mattress touches the closet. It folds up slightly. If you are under 6' tall it won't be a problem. Otherwise it's good for one person sleeping at a diagonal. Personally the cabover is good for one person. The removable section is very stiff, compared to the rest, due to the plywood support needed for spanning the opening.

Bed frame is metal, assume aluminum but I didn't pay attention. I have no worries about it holding the weight. It is extremely rigid.
Old 08-25-2021, 05:36 PM   #38

THOR #22586
Quote:
Mattress is foam 8" with 2" gel topper. With slides in, the mattress touches the closet. It folds up slightly. If you are under 6' tall it won't be a problem. Otherwise it's good for one person sleeping at a diagonal. Personally the cabover is good for one person. The removable section is very stiff, compared to the rest, due to the plywood support needed for spanning the opening.

Bed frame is metal, assume aluminum but I didn't pay attention. I have no worries about it holding the weight. It is extremely rigid.
May be right on that, it just seems like a lot of platform unsupported. But thinking about the situation, since I now have real recliners and they are incredibly comfortable, I could just as easily put my cpap on the cabover bunk and crash in the recliner. I expect that the recliners will attack me anyway on a trip.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
Old 08-25-2021, 08:20 PM   #39

Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Alaska
THOR #18758
Tire, thanks for the pictures. It all looks good
Old 08-29-2021, 03:45 AM   #40

State: Idaho