Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-04-2023, 01:10 AM   #2181

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: compass 23tw
State: Texas
THOR #19878
What is the sensor on the right

Trying to identify the sensor on the right next to the closet led switch.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201028_173212-1.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	44047  

Old 11-04-2023, 03:48 AM   #2182

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner255 View Post
Trying to identify the sensor on the right next to the closet led switch.

Thanks
I don't have the same model - but it looks like the thermostat to control heat and air conditioning.
Old 11-04-2023, 11:36 AM   #2183

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
It is called a Thermister temperature control sensor for the roof air conditioner/heating system. My Miramar has two of them(one for each air conditioner) and on our summer trip to Florida, one decided to stop working properly. It showed temps between -20 to 98 degrees while driving. It would shut down the air conditioner when it was malfunctioning. I had it replaced and everything is back to normal. I also bought a spare one to have in case I need to replace another one while on the road. They are available online for around $30.00.

Paul
Old 11-17-2023, 11:54 AM   #2184

Model: 23TR
State: Kentucky
THOR #31307
2018 23tr

Hi All,
Just purchased a 2018 23TR for me and the wife w/ 13,000 miles. I have an issue with no courtesy light in the cab coming on when the doors are opened. The door ajar message on SYNC comes on, but no lights in the cab (chassis). The switch is on the middle position. Also, overhead there are one external LED mounted overhead on top of each door. They are mounted in the front cap. They currently don't come on either. I'm thinking all these should come on simultaneously. Thor sent me 6 prints and the overhead courtesy lights are not on any of them, so I called them back and they forwarded my message to an engineer I suppose and haven't heard anything back. Hopefully, this is not their way of just blowing me off. That's really the only issue other than cosmetic stuff, which isn't no big deal to me. Just seeing if anybody else out there has a issue.

FYI....Called FORD and they wanted to sale me a bunch of prints for over 500.00, that's crazy. They wouldn't even tell me anything about the lights, unless I gave them money.
Old 11-17-2023, 04:42 PM   #2185

THOR #13409
I'm sorry I won't be much help to you. I own the same RV - except mine is a 2019. My lights all work - both inside and out. They come on when I unlock the doors or open the doors. So they should work.
Now some obvious questions - do the lights work when you move the switch to manual on. (I think that's to the right.) That would rule out fuses.
Old 11-17-2023, 06:44 PM   #2186

THOR #31307
No worries brother. Do you have the external overhead courtesy lights as well? If so are they bright? I appreciate you answering, take care
Old 11-17-2023, 06:45 PM   #2187

THOR #13409
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannokr38 View Post
No worries brother. Do you have the external overhead courtesy lights as well? If so are they bright? I appreciate you answering, take care
If you're talking about the tiny LEDs over the doors - yes I have them. And yes they work.
Old 11-17-2023, 08:09 PM   #2188

State: Massachusetts
THOR #28196
Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerbeech@gmail.com View Post
New to the forum and Compass thread.....finally found it! 9 years with an Airstream FC 25rb, switched to a Compass so my wife could share driving without sweaty palms. Had some initial problems at the dealer inspection: tankless water heater didn't work( this is after PDI) and mother board replaced, a section of the cab interior was missing( the part that covers the seat belt mechanism) and no one knew where the low point water drains were. Can anyone tell me where to look for them? I found the fresh water drain valve but not the low point drains....The Compass drives very nicely ( we're 4 hours from dealer) and so far everything works. Thanks for your help and thanks for starting this thread.

In the 23TW the low point drains are on the driver side in the storage bin where the sewer connection is located. There are 3 there, Fresh water tank, hot and Cold.
Old 11-20-2023, 02:34 PM   #2189

THOR #31307
Angry Maybe an Issue or Maybe Not !!

Guys I took pictures of the rear wheels. I don't know if something is wrong or not. When I picked it up from the dealer, I mentioned this and they informed me that was the way the Thor Compass's were made. But on our way home, the chassis was pulling to the right around 60 or so. I posed pics in the forums under Dan's 23TR Issues, hopefully you all can see them here. I drove to Kansas City MO and picked this up the 11th of November 2023. Just looking for advice, thanks.

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/me...cture2084.html

Old 11-20-2023, 04:30 PM   #2190

THOR #31307
Unhappy 2018 Thor Compass 23TR Rear Wheel Spacing

Guys I took pictures of the rear wheels. I don't know if something is wrong or not. When I picked it up from the dealer, I mentioned this and they informed me that was the way the Thor Compass's were made. But on our way home, the chassis was pulling to the right around 60 or so. I posed pics in the forums under Dan's 23TR Issues, hopefully you all can see them here. I drove to Kansas City MO and picked this up the 11th of November 2023. Just looking for advice, thanks.

Old 11-20-2023, 05:31 PM   #2191

Brand: Still Looking
State: Georgia
THOR #17465
Quote:

Something is wrong! They are just giving you a BS story to get you down the road, especially if you can feel it in the steering, because these Transit chassis steer and track perfectly. However, because of road crown, every vehicle will tend to steer to the lowest point, which is usually to the right.

While my rear Compass rear axle isn't exactly centered in the wheel openings, it's withing an inch or so difference. My guess something is loose.

Without looking under the coach its tough to tell, but it appears as if a spring hanger might not have been tightened or over tightened and failed on one side causing the axle to shift. I would not drive it like that. Can you slide under the coach and inspect the hangers to see if they are both the same maybe post a few images if you see something.

Another quick check is to center the front steering wheel and tires then sight then to the rear to see if they are both aligned the same.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a-under.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	44279  
Old 11-20-2023, 05:59 PM   #2192

THOR #31307
REAR Pics

I have a ford dealership appt., and will let them look at. Ii talked to the dealership this morning and he agrees something is not right..Funny how his story changed before purchase and now. Blue compass RV in Grain Valley mo., sucks. He also stated, i must have towed something with it and caused this....What a crock of ...

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/me...cture2088.html

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/me...cture2087.html

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/me...cture2086.html
Old 11-20-2023, 06:08 PM   #2193

THOR #31307

This is the pics i posted. Called the dealership[ where we bought it in grain valley mo., and now the dealership is saying i must have towed something with it, that he didn't sell a vehicle like that. Such a liar. Stay away from blue compass RV in grain valley mo....For me and the wife to drive that back in this way is very dis heartening and not road safe. I have a service appt., @ ford and they should be able to tell,,,I'm not seeing anything broke loose or anything under it. If you need more pics let me know and thanks for your input.
Old 11-21-2023, 09:52 PM   #2194

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Post a little more details of what you're talking about and what the issue is. Tires and wheels come with the chassis from the manufacturer. Thor sometimes installs chrome wheel covers over the steel wheels. What's your specific issue/question? The link you attached didn't open.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2023, 01:08 PM   #2195

THOR #31307
Rear DRW Spacing from front to back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Post a little more details of what you're talking about and what the issue is. Tires and wheels come with the chassis from the manufacturer. Thor sometimes installs chrome wheel covers over the steel wheels. What's your specific issue/question? The link you attached didn't open.
Hi Gritz, I posted pics in the photos section called Dan's 23TR Issues. For the rear wheel's, from the way it looks to me, if you look at the drivers side, the wheel spacing from the front of the tire to the coach and then from the back of the tire to the coach, it looks fine, its spaced evenly.

The passenger side rear wheels, it looks like they are cocked outwards. The mud flap is damn near touching the back of the tire. Make sense? The spacing is different from the coach to the passenger tires, forward and aft. IMO, the axle is bent or something came loose, I don's know. Ill edit 2 pics and pinpoint what I'm talking about. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for chiming in, i appreciate it.
Old 11-22-2023, 05:33 PM   #2196

Brand: Still Looking
State: Georgia
THOR #17465
Quote:

This is the pics i posted. Called the dealership[ where we bought it in grain valley mo., and now the dealership is saying i must have towed something with it, that he didn't sell a vehicle like that. Such a liar. Stay away from blue compass RV in grain valley mo....For me and the wife to drive that back in this way is very dis heartening and not road safe. I have a service appt., @ ford and they should be able to tell,,,I'm not seeing anything broke loose or anything under it. If you need more pics let me know and thanks for your input.
Hello and thanks for the reply and images, regretfully at that camera angle its difficult to see if the axle slipped from it's dimple and spring hangers.
The spring hanger you show looks fine. If there is a problem, it would be the axle slipping out of center key and sliding aft out of position.

It will not take a Transit or Thor expert to see if this is a problem, You sure don't want to bring it back to the crooks you bought it from.

Find a local garage and have the mechanic come to your location or you can drive it there and let them look under the rear of the chassis to make sure every this is tight and in place. It will not take a frame or chassis expert to determine this.

Centering the rear axle in the coach wheel opening has always been an issue for RV body makers. I would say possible 60% of RV's has inconsistent body spacing on the rear axle and tires. My Compass is off but not as much as yours. My Renegade is also off.

As I mentioned in my last post, it is totally normal for an RV or in fact any vehicle to steer to the right since 90% of all roads are built with pitch to move water from the lanes. With your problem in hand, you might have felt it pulling more than it really was.

I know its frustrating but more than likely not a serious issue. If the axle shifted it can easily be moved back in position and what ever hangers or hardware easily replaced. Fortunately its a Transit so labor and parts are available. Just keep track of what you spend and submit it to Thor with images in a certified letter for reimbursement.

Keep us posted on your progress

Mike
Old 11-24-2023, 02:08 AM   #2197

THOR #19878
Happy Thanksgiving all!

Anyone know where the 3 Amp fuse is located for the Winegard connect unit located on the roof?

I no longer see the wifi network.
2020 compass 23tw

Cheers
Old 11-24-2023, 01:47 PM   #2198

Model: 37KT
State: Illinois
THOR #978
I have the same problem and have not found any fuse.
I’ll be watching for reply’s.
I finally was able to set my unit up and it worked for 5 hours and then died.
I’ve no luck since.
Old 11-25-2023, 12:14 AM   #2199

Model: Compass
State: Louisiana
THOR #31135
Backup camera

Hi first time here. I have a 2016 Thor Compass and the backup camera monitor unplugged, the tail is only about 10 inches so I know the connector isn’t far but I don’t know what way to go or what to open. Is it in the courtesy light housing? Ir seams like it’s possible. How do you take off the cover.
Thanks
Old 11-28-2023, 03:38 PM   #2200

THOR #19878
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner255 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving all!

Anyone know where the 3 Amp fuse is located for the Winegard connect unit located on the roof?

I no longer see the wifi network.
2020 compass 23tw

Cheers
Spoke to TMC and they said its connected to the 12V, 5amp LPCO2 fuse in the load center.

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall