Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-17-2023, 01:51 AM   #2201

Brand: Still Looking
State: Florida
THOR #10338
Smile Cables running thru the slide

My 2022 Compass 23TE has a slide control cable that runs thru a slot cut in the bottom of the slide. I would like to reroute these cables and close out (seal) the slot. Doe anybody have a suggestion/solution? Thanks Doug

Old 12-17-2023, 02:15 AM   #2202
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
There are two slide "control cables" that go from the slide controller to the two motors. They do not go through the slide as the motors are in the adjoining walls, not in the slide. The cable you see is probably the DC voltage supply to the lights above the couch/bed.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 12:39 AM   #2203

Brand: Still Looking
State: Georgia
THOR #17465
Hello Compass & Gemini Owners - After studying Transit’s new “All Wheel Drive” chassis and Thor’s B+ Compass RV for over a year now, I finally completed my In-Depth review and would like to share my findings and images with others on this forum.

A long awaited feature for Transit owners and the RV industry is Transit’s “All Wheel Drive” chassis. AWD allows RV owners to venture off paved highways, visit remote locations or even extend their traveling season into Winter. However there are some restrictions owners need to adhere to.

In this review, we’ll also look at the Transit’s chassis with its powerful Eco Boost V6 engine and discuss Transit’s 10 speed transmission and five Drive Modes. I’ll also discuss Transit’s unique “Low Slung” chassis design and how it provides the best handling chassis for B+ RV’s. We’ll also look at the many advantages of having a Transit gas RV over a diesel chassis.

I’ll cover dozens of Thor upgrades and improvements I made to both remedy factory errors and design problems. Just a few of my many upgrades was installing a macerator system to avoid dealing with the monster 4” hose. Adding a drip channel over the slide, to prevent water leaks, look at the new RVMP 4000i Flex Power generator advantages over an Onan. Share my “Anti-Winterizing” upgrade which avoids winterizing using Marine / RV heaters to heat the entire coach and its plumbing in Winter. Disclose dozens of potential trouble areas found in the Compass.

In this article - I’ll relocate the Relion lithium battery from the outside step location to inside the coach. We’ll look at RedArc’s 40 amp battery charger problems where it continues to charge the house battery when the engine is off, plus the absence of a charger for the engine batteries when plugged in. Why there’s no longer a “jump start” feature on the Compass. We’ll examine Relion’s Bluetooth-less lithium battery and how it can leave you stranded in cold weather with no means to move the slide in or even start the generator. Discuss why Thors 100 watt solar panel only puts out 10-20 watts most of the time, plus much more. Revel a tankless water heater problem when Thor incorrectly routed the recirculate line in error to the pump inlet, plus much more.

I’ll also share my new “Dual Lithium Battery System” I designed for RV’s and installed in my Compass. This system incorporates two separate lithium battery systems, a “Primary” “Inversion” system, used solely to create 120 volts for the RV’s, AC unit, Micro etc. with a capacity from 4,000 -12,000 watt-hours, plus a “Secondary” 100 ah or 240 ah 12 volt lithium system which is dedicated to power the Compass’ 12 volt devices such as her slides, refrigerator, furnace, pumps etc. I’ll look forward to your comments, thoughts and questions on the thread.

I placed the review on this forum at the link below:

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...tml#post401824
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	COMOPASS OPEN.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	44625  
Old 01-29-2024, 04:56 PM   #2204

State: Iowa
THOR #9915
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner255 View Post
Anyone have a problem with wasps inside your rv?

Having trouble locating where they are entering, exhaust has screens installed.

Cheers
I have had problems with moths in NM, lady bugs in IA, and flies everywhere else. I finally figured it out. Whe your slide is out, look at the side and under seals. You will see gaps, notches, and other openings. Get some 2" masking tape and after the slide is out, tape over those openings. Try to tape into the groves on the slide track as well. It may not be 100%, but should make a huge difference.
Be sure to remove the tape before retracting the slide.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:00 PM   #2205

State: Texas
THOR #29207
Turn Lights on

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickandNuk View Post
Hi all. My One Control is shot and I cannot get my slide in. The guys at Lippert one control said the motor is on top of the slide but there is no way it is up there. I need to manually push the slide back in and he said I need to disengage the motors but I cant seem to find them.

I have a 2019 Gemini Thor 23TB.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Rick

We had this issue with our 2023 Compass 23TW. We were told to turn the headlights on to kick on the alternator for the needed extra juice. We have not had this problem reoccur since. Bad part is if you get late to the campsite your the jerk with the headlights on setting up.
Engine on, parking brake on, headlights on, all to get the slide to work. I've never seen anything so convoluted in my life. This is my 5th RV.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:13 PM   #2206

THOR #29207
We also had everything from mosquitos, wasps, gnats, bees, etc. The slide has gaps, the bench has gaps, dinette has gaps. The bench under the bed has gaps. I use the AC foam and I cut it half length wise. It's helped, also keeps some of the draft out. Never seen a rig with so little weather stripping.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/M-D-Buil...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Old 02-25-2024, 04:46 PM   #2207

Model: Gemini AWD 23TW
State: Ontario
THOR #25950
After having the supplied curtains and velcro strips fall down repeatedly, we obtained roll up screens that fit inside the window frames for front and side windows which are designed specifically to fit our 2021 Transit HD 350.

They are sold in Canada under the WeatherTech name and have worked very well so far.
Old 03-19-2024, 06:36 PM   #2208

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
I have not tested the hitch load. But word or warning - be very careful of total weight of your RV. There's not much room for extras once you load 2 people, a full tank of water and gas. I know our Compass 23 TR would be overweight if I tried to add an additional 500 pounds.
Old 04-15-2024, 12:40 AM   #2209

Model: Compass 23TW
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #26885
BM Pro Wall Switch in Compass 23TW

I recently had to replace the BMPro Node (I call it the motherboard) in order to fix awning and Slideout issues. After this was done the wall switch between the outside of bathroom and bedroom no longer works the lights. I have replaced the lithium CR 2032 battery to no avail. Any thoughts on what I can do to get the wall switch working again? I thought it might be some type of Bluetooth connection but couldn’t figure out the linking process on the BMPro Master Controller. Thanks!
Old Yesterday, 03:52 PM   #2210

Model: compass 23tw
THOR #19878
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DTwo View Post
I recently had to replace the BMPro Node (I call it the motherboard) in order to fix awning and Slideout issues. After this was done the wall switch between the outside of bathroom and bedroom no longer works the lights. I have replaced the lithium CR 2032 battery to no avail. Any thoughts on what I can do to get the wall switch working again? I thought it might be some type of Bluetooth connection but couldn’t figure out the linking process on the BMPro Master Controller. Thanks!

Have you tried turning coach battery power off via battery switch located on the sink wall and repairing?

Clearing app cache on app?
Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM   #2211

Model: compass 23tw
THOR #19878
Suggestions on quick access for 23tw under dinette seats

Hello all
Anyone have ideas on a mod to allow quick access under the dinette seats?

Currently I have to unscrew the screws in order to lift up the board under the seat cushions.

Was thinking hinges on one side or button snaps.

Thanks

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall