Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-01-2021, 01:36 PM   #2001

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: compass 23tw
State: Texas
THOR #19878
Received an update from Bmpro this morning regarding incorrect tank levels. My version is 2.4.2.

Thank you, there was a bug where tank levels were showing incorrect. It has been addressed in our latest update 2.4.4. See the attached help guide for updating the firmware/app.Attachment 34526

Old 11-05-2021, 10:02 PM   #2002

State: North Carolina
THOR #25288
2022 Gemini Problems

We bought our TE 3months ago and love the Ford AWD chassis, storage space, and floor plan, great for the 2 of us. I wish I could say the same about the quality of the Thor craftsmanship. The pre-delivery QA check obviously did not occur and we returned it the next day because it sounded like it was going to fall apart. We then went on a 3 day shake down trip. Wall paneling coming unstapled, water leaking behind kitchen sink, no water pressure in the shower, electrical control panel problems, shower surround not secured to the wall, arm rest falling off passenger seat, water shooting out of the bathroom sink, and many cosmetic defects. Thor customer service suggested we take it to another dealer and they found more things wrong and submitted their report to Thor. Thor has not responded to us about the leak, the drain pipes where not tightened under the kitchen sink so water leaked under the cabinets and enclosed electronics for at least 10 days. What if there is mold? Here we sit very disappointed and would not recommend Thor to anyone at this time.
Old 11-10-2021, 06:50 PM   #2003
dmg

State: Wisconsin
THOR #25108
2022 Compass TW where is the water pump located?

Hello All,
I'm trying to winterize my 2022 Compass 23TW and I can't locate the water pump. I hear it running towards the back of the RV. The only outside compartment on the back side of the RV houses the tankless hot water heater. and I don't see a water pump in there. Maybe there is an interior panel I need to remove to gain access to the water pump? If anyone out there knows where it is located I would most appreciate the information.
Also, the RV has the girard tankless hot water system. According to the manual there is no bypass but it is unclear on how to get out the small amount of water and I don't see a plug anywhere on the heater to drain it. Also, not sure if it is okay to run the antifreeze through it.

Thanks in advance for any information provided,
Dawn
Old 11-10-2021, 08:24 PM   #2004

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
Finding the water pump

Dawn: If you have a large storage compartment at the rear there should be a panel
with two square headed screws and it should there but if not locate the fresh water tank and it will be close by, leave a tap running and listen for it.
The Girard can be winterized by using a compressor or even a bicycle pump and a blow out valve, open hot water taps one at a time and blow any water out,you can do this with the cold taps also.
Coveman2
2018 Thor Compass 23 TB
Old 11-15-2021, 01:53 PM   #2005

THOR #19878
21M03 EGR cooler Leaks question

Hello All,

Finally had the NOX sensor recalibration done at the dealer and they also said there was another recall, 21M03 EGR cooler Leaks.

Looks like there was no repairs done for this.

Also couldn't find any info online about this recall.

Anyone have information/document on this?

Cheers!
Old 11-15-2021, 03:47 PM   #2006

THOR #13224
There are 4 current warranty extensions. The numbers are 20M02, Z1N02, Z1N05 Z1N06
and the oldest one is 18M06 which is the EGR module leaking near a fuse box, I had mine fixed n 2018 right after I bought it.
Go to the Ford website and set up an account and it lists all of the recalls after you put in your VIN number
Coveman2
2018 Thor Compass23 TB
Old 11-15-2021, 07:23 PM   #2007

Model: Gemini
State: Oregon
THOR #21423
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmg View Post
Hello All,
I'm trying to winterize my 2022 Compass 23TW and I can't locate the water pump. I hear it running towards the back of the RV. The only outside compartment on the back side of the RV houses the tankless hot water heater. and I don't see a water pump in there. Maybe there is an interior panel I need to remove to gain access to the water pump? If anyone out there knows where it is located I would most appreciate the information.
Also, the RV has the girard tankless hot water system. According to the manual there is no bypass but it is unclear on how to get out the small amount of water and I don't see a plug anywhere on the heater to drain it. Also, not sure if it is okay to run the antifreeze through it.

Thanks in advance for any information provided,
Dawn
It is a bit of a pain to get to. You need to unscrew the panel on the left in the big storage compartment (I ended up making that a door so I could access easier). Once you take out the panel there is a floating hose with a stopper that you can connect another hose to put in the antifreeze. you then need to turn the valve next to the pump (it is also a pain because it is pretty far back). Make sure the low point drains are closed when you pump the antifreeze through the system and remember to turn the valve next to the pump back when you are done.
Old 11-17-2021, 11:57 AM   #2008

THOR #19878
Anyone add a fan vent cover to their bathroom fan vent?
The shower skylight is really close.

I tested using the bedroom maxxivent, it fits and has an inch or two of clearance.

Cheers
Old 11-17-2021, 12:16 PM   #2009

THOR #13224
Yes I had a Maxxair installed this past spring and we keep the bathroom vent open most of the tine, even when travelling and it now no problem showering when its raining
Coveman2
2018 Compass 23TB
Old 11-21-2021, 11:09 PM   #2010

Model: Compass
State: Arizona
THOR #23141
Heat pump not working

When turning on heat, I have the option of furnace only, heat pump, or both. The heat pump will not go on when I n select heat pump or both. Any suggestions?
Old 11-22-2021, 07:18 PM   #2011

Model: Gemini
State: Oregon
THOR #21423
Quote:
Originally Posted by butchspiller@yahoo.com View Post
When turning on heat, I have the option of furnace only, heat pump, or both. The heat pump will not go on when I n select heat pump or both. Any suggestions?
Does it work with just the heat pump selected? My heat pump did not work and I had to update the BMPro app because there was a bug. You can contact them and they can tell you what version to get and how to do the update. Also remember that the heat pump does not work when it is very cold outside (I forget what specific temp that is).
Old 12-03-2021, 01:32 PM   #2012

THOR #19878
Sealant color for 2020 23TW Sandbar exterior

Hello All,

Need to purchase some Dicor non leveling sealant for re sealing seams around the sides of the RV.

Trying to figure out what color to order, ivory or tan.

Dicor offers their non sag lap sealant for roofing and cap sealant for around window and doors (no ivory just tan selection).

What are folks using, I am thinking of ordering the non sag lap sealant in ivory for the siding seam above the coach door next to the awning.

Cheers!
Old 12-13-2021, 01:49 AM   #2013

THOR #19878
I recall a post where someone had gelcoat cracks on their cap.

Could someone send me the post?

Just noticed some cracks on the cap by a marker light on the drivers side that wasent there a few weeks ago, rv has been sitting.

Cheers!
Old 12-13-2021, 03:40 AM   #2014

Model: 2017 Gemini 23TR
State: British Columbia
THOR #5922
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner255 View Post
I recall a post where someone had gelcoat cracks on their cap.

Could someone send me the post?

Just noticed some cracks on the cap by a marker light on the drivers side that wasent there a few weeks ago, rv has been sitting.

Cheers!
Hi roadrunner, I had a similar visual and took my Gemini to a fibreglass (boat shop) place thinking I needed a patch. They used a special cleaner and wiped what I thought were cracks right off!!! Hope it is just that easy for you too. Nancy
Old 12-14-2021, 01:47 PM   #2015

THOR #19878
Trim part identification

Hello all,

Trying to identify a missing piece of trim that covers a seam above the door.

Same trim as on other parts of the RV.

Wondering if this is a Thor only part or standard part that can be purchased at any RV supplier.

Cheers!

Old 12-15-2021, 01:30 PM   #2016

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
If it is the rubber seal that slides into the channel. you can buy it after market. Just google it.

Paul
Old 12-27-2021, 12:55 PM   #2017

THOR #19878
Anyone find a better solution for keeping the folding bed up on a TW?

I have tighten the left bungee, I cant use a bar across as others have to keep the bed from bouncing.

I could install another bungee on the other side, just need a secure place to mount it.

Oh and the door opener piston is shot, is there a better one to replace it with?

Cheers!
Old 12-27-2021, 03:56 PM   #2018

Model: Thor Vegas 25.3
State: Nebraska
THOR #24456
Folding Bed Holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner255 View Post
Anyone find a better solution for keeping the folding bed up on a TW?

I have tighten the left bungee, I cant use a bar across as others have to keep the bed from bouncing.

I could install another bungee on the other side, just need a secure place to mount it.

Oh and the door opener piston is shot, is there a better one to replace it with?

Cheers!
I bought a seat belt from NAPA, and with a few bolts and washers made a secure simple holder. Not pretty, but very secure.
RunnerJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 08:33 PM   #2019

THOR #19878
After winterizing the water system is there a way to turn off the gas to the instant hwh or pull the fuse?

I noticed that the red light on the switch is still illuminated.

Cheers and happy ny!
Old 12-31-2021, 08:56 PM   #2020

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
On our Girard tankless heater, there's an on/off switch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tankless-water-heater-front138.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	136.3 KB
ID:	35410  

Tags
cutout, dinette, modification, murphy bed, opening, wall