Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class B & B+ Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2021, 06:42 PM   #1
SAJ

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tellaro 20A
State: Texas
THOR #25038
Winterize 2022 Tellaro

Need instructions on how to winterize Tellaro water system using air blowout of lines

Old 10-28-2021, 06:54 PM   #2

Model: 2022 Tellaro 20L
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #25231
Winterize Tellaro

I just finished mine. Use compressed air, low pressure. I think the manual says less than 55 psi. I used 40. I don't have a special fitting yet, so I connected a 3 ft garden hose to the city water connection. Open everything -- faucets, shower, spray station. Open both drains located under the body at the sticker labeled "Low Point Drains." I just stuck my air nozzle into the hose and pulled the trigger. It apparently did a good job of clearing everything.
Old 10-28-2021, 07:06 PM   #3
SAJ

THOR #25038
Winterize

Thank you for replying. I have had less than stellar response from Thor. What “manual” are you referring to in your reply? Nothing I received at my rig at delivery in July had any useful info. Thor sent me some schematics, which the last eight pages will not print, but no instructions on how to do anything.
Old 10-28-2021, 07:13 PM   #4
SAJ

THOR #25038
Winterize 2022 Tellaro

Forgot to ask, does this also blow out the Truma hot water heater using this method? I appreciate your help. When did you get your rig?
Old 10-28-2021, 08:10 PM   #5

THOR #25231
Winterizing Tellaro

SAJ, Thor put a Class B User Manual in the pouch with the other manufacturers user information. I went to the Thor Owners site and downloaded literally every pdf I found. The User Manual is there as well as the Warranty. Also what Thor calls the "Class B Supplement." I had high hopes for that, but it's the same as the Class B Manual.

Both manuals give identical instructions for winterizing the fresh water system and draining the Truma water heater. The instructions work, but figuring out where the valves are took some head scratching. Now that I've done it once, it will go faster in the future.
Old 10-28-2021, 08:15 PM   #6

THOR #25231
Winterizing Tellaro

P.S. Download the pdf labeled "schematics." There are about 10 pages of water and propane layout, starting on page 24. The fresh water is hard to make sense of. When I called Thor for help, they just read the manual to me and referred to the schematic. I said, so you can't tell me anything in addition to what I already have? Answer, No. I finally used colored pencils and compared the drawing to the as-built. Good luck.
Old 10-28-2021, 10:28 PM   #7
SAJ

THOR #25038
Winterize 2022 Thor

Thank you so much for that information. You have helped me more in two emails than two phone calls with Thor. Bottom line is “here is our information, now take it and figure it out yourself.”

How long you had yours?
Old 11-01-2021, 03:29 PM   #8

THOR #25231
Winterize Tellaro 20L

I just finished winterizing. A one-hour job that took about 10 hours, spread over 4 days. I'll try not to repeat everything this thread already contains. Problem #1: How to get antifreeze into the system. The Thor video doesn't work; it might be OK for the Class A in the video, but trying to get the fresh water pump to draw antifreeze through the city fill connection was an exercise in futility. I had already drained everything, so that may have been a problem. I found the antifreeze port and tank isolation valve by removing the top of the starboard bunk (I'm cutting an access panel next spring!). First, I closed the tank isolation valve. Removing the plug in the antifreeze port yields a 1/2 inch pipe fitting. So I needed to get something to connect a 1/2 male thread fitting to the antifreeze bottle. A 1/2 inch hose barb adapter on a 1/2 inch tygon tube (all at Home Depot) fixed that.
Problem #2: Since I had drained the system the pump was sucking air. So I put a funnel in the end of my tygon hose and poured some antifreeze into the line. Then the pump did the rest.
Problem #3: What to do with the fresh water filter. I made a jumper from 1/2 inch tygon and two 1/2 inch adapters, disconnected the inlet and outlet from the filter, and installed the jumper.
Finally, it all came together and about 30 minutes and 2 gallons of antifreeze later, I was done.
While I had my head in the plumbing, I saw how the fresh water filter housing is installed. Mine has 1 screw at the keyhole that's intended for mounting, and one in the middle of the plastic. The only reason I can think of is that it was inconvenient to put the second screw where it belongs. I took out the screw that doesn't belong, loosened the screw that does belong there, and lifted the whole water filter assembly out. Then I could remove the housing and inspect the filter. Do this away from the coach, because it's full of water. Without the jumper, I would have filled the water filter with antifreeze.
Next year I'm going to install a permanent bypass, so I can dispense with the jumper. I think I'll put a permanent extension on the antifreeze port, too.
So, that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
Old 11-02-2021, 12:26 AM   #9
SAJ

THOR #25038
Winterizing 2023 Tellaro 20AT

I got it figured out, I think. I blew mine out with compressed air at 40 psi. Opened the low point drains, drained fresh water tank, drained the TRUMA, and then put air through the system until it blew air only. Live in the desert. I don’t believe I need antifreeze. I hope I did it correctly. Thank you for your help. It helped me a lot.

Could not get the tool to work in the tight space for the water filter. Will need to figure out a plan B on that.

Thanks again for your help
Old 11-02-2021, 12:27 AM   #10
SAJ

THOR #25038
Should read 2022 Thor Tellaro AT
Old 11-02-2021, 03:36 PM   #11

THOR #25231
Winterizing Tellaro`

The two screws are #2 square drive, white, round head. You'll never get the filter separated without taking it out of the coach.