Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-08-2022, 07:54 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
Thor Customer Service

As you all know I’m pretty vocal on my recent purchases of a 2021.5 Jayco North Point 383FKWS and my current 2022 Magnitude RB34. I was pleasantly surprised when I received a call last week, the day I was going in to pickup my Magnitude that had been in service for a bit over 4 months.

Aaron was the representative, he was quite pleasant to speak to. This was an unsolicited phone call. Apparently Thor does in fact monitor forums, after seeing one of my post they called me. They wanted to find out if they could be any assistance in helping me with my issues. We discussed the current and past problems, and yes discussed quality control, including incremental quality control on the line as the unit is being built. I advised I would know more when I pick my unit up on the day of the call, and would follow up with him.

When I picked up my unit, it was not really up to par, at least not what I expected. I could only confirm some of the repairs, due to freezing temperatures, and multiple issues were water related. The front shade on the bunk was working great, and that was the only issue I could verify as repaired properly. A couple issues were clearly not fixed properly. When I picked up my Rv it clearly had repairs done to the floor in multiple locations after initial install. Even had vinyl laid over vinyl. Warranty repair was a sloppy mess) Also, a bunk window would not operate on the first attempt to use after purchase (would not open). Warranty repair was to epoxy the handle to the crank. See attached pictures of repairs.

I reached out to Aaron and they stepped up to the plate so far to address verified unsatisfactory warranty repairs. I will keep you updated as things progress, but it appears Thor is going above and beyond to handle some of the issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B9A88CD7-DA53-4741-93CC-05AE8F853876.jpeg
Views:	87
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	36392   Click image for larger version

Name:	7D59E8F6-E25D-46BE-A10A-B7B57C1CE062.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	36393  

williamprunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 05:47 AM   #2

Model: Aria 3401
State: Texas
THOR #25110
That’s great news. Good luck with getting the issues resolved on your coach.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:41 AM   #3

Model: Magnitude RB34
State: Montana
THOR #2531
Progress

They fixed everything except for the electrical issue. Ford still hasn’t come through with the chassis issues. Haven’t had a power train issue since they spent more than a month fixing, but now I have problems with my dashboard lighting up like a Christmas tree.

Tags
warranty customer service