Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2021, 02:06 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Actually 4 years
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210902-200527_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	33287  

Old 09-03-2021, 02:10 AM   #42

THOR #20220
Here is a review ..I just ordered more

SOOOO much better than Meguiar's RV wash
Reviewed in the United States on September 12, 2016
Size: 1 Gallon (128 Ounces)
I have always used Meguiar's products to wash and wax my cars. so when I got my first RV, I naturally used Meguiar's RV wash. I used that for a few years and always struggled to get the difficult bug / road debris stains off of the front and it never did a great job at... See more
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Old 09-03-2021, 02:36 AM   #43

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Been using for 5 years. Excellent results

Wash after every big trip..
Fast easy drys nice

Gel-Gloss RV Wash and Wax - 128 oz. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0027M3A1U...p_mob_ap_share
Wait a minute man, you PROMOTING a damn product!!!

That's it though. I only been using it 2 years, never would have tried it without the RV. I have never seen a Wash & Wax solution as effective as the RV Wash & Wax, there may be better; but unless it free I have ZERO need to wash my RV or any vehicle with any other stuff, it looks like it may be expensive, but it does not take much, and the 1 gallon will last a long time.

I apply with foamer; let it sit and wipe it down with soft bristle brush before rinsing and I am done. Btw, it takes bugs off with ease as well, same process.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 09-03-2021, 02:37 AM   #44

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Now I've messed everything up, changing the subject...

But thanks dk... I was disappointed in the no-shine too. Oh well... live and learn. Thanks for the reminder about the Meguiar products. I want to make sure she's spit shined and protected before Ohio winter sets in. Plenty of time...
Old 09-03-2021, 03:35 AM   #45

THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Wait a minute man, you PROMOTING a damn product!!!

That's it though. I only been using it 2 years, never would have tried it without the RV. I have never seen a Wash & Wax solution as effective as the RV Wash & Wax, there may be better; but unless it free I have ZERO need to wash my RV or any vehicle with any other stuff, it looks like it may be expensive, but it does not take much, and the 1 gallon will last a long time.

I apply with foamer; let it sit and wipe it down with soft bristle brush before rinsing and I am done. Btw, it takes bugs off with ease as well, same process.
Wait I am promoting a dam product!
Only 3 ounces per bucket! Lasts FOREVER
Old 09-03-2021, 10:32 AM   #46
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
What I find frustrating and believe where much of the tension begins is where someone will ask a question the envitibly someone (usually the same people) will chime in with some sort of (lame) joke or comment that has NOTHING to do with the subject at hand. Just to be heard. THen more and more begin commenting the same way. Very frustrating looking at ones question and end up with a series of worthless comment after comment.
Old 09-03-2021, 10:40 AM   #47

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggs View Post
Conflicting opinions make life interesting.
X2.

Nothing wrong with respectful disagreement. For many (most) questions, there are multiple answers that work okay, and the right one for one person isn't always the right one for another. Respect for those differences. There are few absolute truths.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:08 AM   #48
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
What I find frustrating and believe where much of the tension begins is where someone will ask a question the envitibly someone (usually the same people) will chime in with some sort of (lame) joke or comment that has NOTHING to do with the subject at hand. Just to be heard. THen more and more begin commenting the same way. Very frustrating looking at ones question and end up with a series of worthless comment after comment.
Didn't take long to prove my point. (see post #2)
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...ble-26577.html
Old 09-03-2021, 11:24 AM   #49

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Wait I am promoting a dam product!
Only 3 ounces per bucket! Lasts FOREVER
Without promoting a product, what do you use on the rubber roof to keep it clean and conditioned?
Old 09-03-2021, 11:24 AM   #50

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis View Post
X2.

Nothing wrong with respectful disagreement. For many (most) questions, there are multiple answers that work okay, and the right one for one person isn't always the right one for another. Respect for those differences. There are few absolute truths.
Look at what a 'respectful disagreement' or 'conflicting opinions' gets you at a national level... Afghanistan or the two Koreas. They were tourist attractions at one point. How may lives were lost in those countries?
Old 09-03-2021, 11:40 AM   #51

Model: Quantum JM31
THOR #21926
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
Some people have something to say, some people just have to say something.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:57 AM   #52
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
Look at what a 'respectful disagreement' or 'conflicting opinions' gets you at a national level... Afghanistan or the two Koreas. They were tourist attractions at one point. How may lives were lost in those countries?
How do you fix that?
Do you outlaw dissenting opinions?
Old 09-03-2021, 12:31 PM   #53

State: Florida
THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Without promoting a product, what do you use on the rubber roof to keep it clean and conditioned?
Elbow grease.
Old 09-03-2021, 12:51 PM   #54

THOR #16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
How do you fix that?
Do you outlaw dissenting opinions?
Why fix it? Just respect it and get along. Why does the USofA always have to go in to try and "fix it"? Too many 'repairpersons' have died trying to "fix it" because the head of the country can't/won't get along.
Old 09-03-2021, 01:00 PM   #55

THOR #16471
We should try to be like the monks of Tibet.... If someone posts saying they are having trouble finding their table, you then reply with an analogy that may go like this... "Worry not where the table is, for it is like the raft on a turbulent sea, drifting with no land in sight... is it lost or just on its own new adventure?"
Old 09-03-2021, 01:12 PM   #56
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
Why fix it? Just respect it and get along. Why does the USofA always have to go in to try and "fix it"? Too many 'repairpersons' have died trying to "fix it" because the head of the country can't/won't get along.
After re-reading your post: you seemed to bemoan the fact that differing opinions are allowed. We then ended up going on a trip to places where folks can't get along with one another...
Old 09-03-2021, 01:47 PM   #57
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Getting political. Thread closed.