Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-27-2021, 07:15 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Sanctuary 19L
State: Michigan
THOR #24335
2022 Sanctuary 19L LED Light Bar

Thank you in advance for any replies. Purchased a Sanctuary 19L from General RV in Clarkston MI. The front exterior LED light bar had it's cover on so we could not see if it worked upon pickup. Once we got it home and tried everything, we found it did not turn on with the "Spotlight" switch below the driver left side dash switch. Called Thor and they said to check the fuse. It does not appeared named on the diagram from Mercedes on the fuse layouts. I wanted to check that before I brought it in for service. Any ideas where this fuse would be located?

Old 08-01-2021, 05:19 AM   #2

Model: Tranquility
State: California
THOR #23910
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_rvlife View Post
Thank you in advance for any replies. Purchased a Sanctuary 19L from General RV in Clarkston MI. The front exterior LED light bar had it's cover on so we could not see if it worked upon pickup. Once we got it home and tried everything, we found it did not turn on with the "Spotlight" switch below the driver left side dash switch. Called Thor and they said to check the fuse. It does not appeared named on the diagram from Mercedes on the fuse layouts. I wanted to check that before I brought it in for service. Any ideas where this fuse would be located?
I have the same problem let me know if you find the solution, thanks
Old 08-01-2021, 01:26 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds 28A
State: California
THOR #21941
On my 28A, there is a 2A fuse behind the light switch itself. Maybe look under the dash?

Watchdog hardwired EMS, Alignment, Roadmaster front sway bar, vent covers, Dew Gutter
waynetaylor55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 01:43 PM   #4

Model: Sanctuary 19P
THOR #23950
You may already know this but just in case you don't, the light bar only works when the engine is running.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:52 PM   #5

THOR #24335
Thank you for all replies. The unit is at the service place now and I will let you know what the outcome is. I do believe we tried it when the engine was running but I cannot be for sure as we tried so many different things. More to come.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:35 PM   #6

State: Utah
THOR #24947
Front led lightbar -fuse

When i picked my sactuary up the light didnot work , gen rv tech finally found the fuse under the driver seat, not in the viewable panal , but had to remove the seat. Tech commented that this was a bad design:
Old 09-28-2021, 02:15 PM   #7

THOR #24335
Thank you very much for the reply. We had the unit in for service and the tech who fixed it was not available. I asked for an explanation as to the fix and the service manager said he would call me. Call never came in. Thanks again.
Old 09-30-2021, 10:16 PM   #8

THOR #24335
Light bar fuses

I did get a visual on the fuses beneath the seat. If you pull up the foam like cover between the seat and the base, you can see them. I believe the one on the right in this pic is the light bar. I also do see evidence that the seat was removed when my service was done so I suspect that the tech performed the same fix as stated above.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fuses.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	34028  
Old 11-14-2022, 07:55 PM   #9

Model: Tranquility 19P
State: Georgia
THOR #24703
I know this is late but I have just had the same problem. Finally found the fuse under the seat....sheesh! Get an E12 socket to remove the seat after swiveling the seat to get to the bolt.

Tags
fuse, led light bar