Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-25-2019, 02:00 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Any chance of tracking down that last "fatal fuel stop"? This could have also been an accumulative amount of water that, over time, overwhelmed the inefficient system. Either way, an insurance claim would probably been an uphill battle as most will not cover/repair engine damage as a result of "lack of maintenance" and this is the card they would most likely play on you. Sorry to hear the bad news. I would try going up the rope with Ford and see if they can give you some "concession" towards the repairs. Manufacturers are know for occasionally going outside the normal warranty coverage but you have to sign releases, etc. The shop doing the work can apply for this with Ford on your behalf. Start with corporate customer service and file a grievance or whatever they term it as it relates to this issue. Ford may not cover all of it but maybe a part of it...parts or labor, etc. They know they had a "weak system" as confirmed by the design change specific to the problem.

Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:09 PM   #42

Model: Fourwind Super C
THOR #11938
Well last fuel stop was after the check engine light came on (March) on the way home from weekend at Gator Nationals and before that last fuel was back in Dec 2018, when I topped it off and parked in covered storage while we were gone for holidays. Went on a week trip at thanksgiving and then parked it until March.

So dont know really when I got it, I took it out and drove it and exercised gen each month and everything was fine. Tanks full...So Im going to eat this one, send some letters and hope for a response and a little reimbursement, but not counting on it. From the mechanics I have talked to they all said Ford didn't respond, others got their insurance to pay and others got nothing.
Old 04-25-2019, 04:32 PM   #43

THOR #11130
Reference attached link and scroll down to Post# 14. I wouldn't give up. Open a case with Ford Customer Service.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/trucks-...ruck-home.html
Old 04-25-2019, 09:37 PM   #44

THOR #11938
Thanks, very interesting forum with many situations just like mine. Very scary that so many have had same issue and Ford still refuses to acknowledge a problem and take care of their fuel pump and fuel filter failures. I see one class action lawsuit was filed and settled in Dec 2018. Don't know the outcome.

I have contacted and filed a second claim with my insurance that was covering the coach at the time. I also have made contact with a local attorney that filed the first class action lawsuit.
Old 05-06-2019, 03:52 PM   #45

THOR #11938
So the saga continues. I now have had a second insurance inspection and was ruled contamination in the fuel in the way of metal. So absolutely no water or any other liquid foreign matter was found in my fuel system,ONLY metal due to failure of the fuel injector pump. So now I have filed a claim with my extended service agreement company. Its about to drive me and the mechanic crazy! And FORD lied thru their teeth. So that will be another issue I take up with them after this!!!!
Old 05-06-2019, 04:13 PM   #46

THOR #11130
I'll send my lawyer's business card to you...great firm..."Dewey, Cheathum and Howe".
Old 05-06-2019, 04:17 PM   #47

THOR #11938
Yep... already been in contact with mine!