Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-16-2021, 10:29 AM   #21
CHS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Flex Seal is way overpriced. Went to Lowes the other day to get some of the tape.
20.00 for 5 foot role. I bought the Gorilla (waterproof) tape. 10 feet for 12.98. Seemed like the same thing. I only had to use it for the top of one of the 3 inch black water 90's.
No pressure. It's a rubberized tape like Flex Seal and stuck really well.
That said. I had a leak in the top section of the 90 degree, 3 inch sewer PVC and found that (what it looks like) they heated the 90 from the top to what looks like to increase the bend so the fittings go together. That caused a kind of heat crack in the pipe. Nothing near it that could have caused the crack/melting of the pipe. Really weird.

Old 09-16-2021, 11:47 AM   #22

Model: Wind sport 29M
State: Florida
THOR #24352
I used flex seal on small sections of my Jayco 25' roof. It didn't last but one season. The sun in Fl is nasty, separated and lifted around the edges. For small areas, I use the Red Devil Butyl sealant. WE have since upgraded to a class A.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:53 PM   #23

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
Flex Seal is way overpriced. Went to Lowes the other day to get some of the tape.
20.00 for 5 foot role. I bought the Gorilla (waterproof) tape. 10 feet for 12.98. Seemed like the same thing. I only had to use it for the top of one of the 3 inch black water 90's.
No pressure. It's a rubberized tape like Flex Seal and stuck really well.
That said. I had a leak in the top section of the 90 degree, 3 inch sewer PVC and found that (what it looks like) they heated the 90 from the top to what looks like to increase the bend so the fittings go together. That caused a kind of heat crack in the pipe. Nothing near it that could have caused the crack/melting of the pipe. Really weird.

Good stuff ..used to fix a small awning hole
Gorilla (waterproof) tape. 10 feet for 12.98