Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-14-2021, 06:59 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arizona
THOR #23832
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS Cruisign View Post
Its an OK deal but dont be confused at all. This IS NOT road side assistance. If you have a tire disaster, they are not going to come out and change it. You can get the tire to an authorized service center (read you remove it) or have it towed to said location. If you are in the middle of nowhere, this could be problematic. This "warranty" is mostly for reimbursement i.e. tire replacement and towing. Its not going to get you right back on the road unless you happen to have a blowout in front of Pep Boys.
Oh and dont forget to call in advance for a claim. However, you actually have up to 30 days to submit but read carefully so you include all necessary documents.

But I have it too so...

Disclaimer. The contract is lawyer speak and I aint one.

Cheers
I dont know of any tire/wheel. road hazard or other type coverage that includes road side assistance. Not to mention roadside assistance does not fix a tire out on the road. They will change a tire but only if you have a tire with you to change it with.

Old 06-14-2021, 09:31 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floormat View Post
I dont know of any tire/wheel. road hazard or other type coverage that includes road side assistance. Not to mention roadside assistance does not fix a tire out on the road. They will change a tire but only if you have a tire with you to change it with.
Very true. Several year ago I had a tire pressure monitor go bad and the tire leaked down while we were in the restaurant. I called road service and ask if they would send a truck out to air up the tire. The answer was, no, as adding air was not covered. She then ask if I had an aired-up spare. My answer was yes, but the truck did not need to change the tire, just add air. She said she would send the truck only if they could change the tire. When the van arrived, I told husband and wife team about the problem and the guy agreed to air up the tire if I would sign the charge sheet stating he did change the tire and I was happy with the service. I was happy, they were happy and I learned a lesson.
Another time, we were trapped in a wreck on the KS Turnpike with the temperature above 100 degrees. I called and ask for 5 gallons of gas. I was told that the charge would be $4.00 a gallon and $40 for the gas can, but the delivery was covered by road service insurance. I readily, agreed to the cost and ask why I had to buy the expensive can. The answer as the delivery tech could not put gas in the RV due to insurance restrictions. When I finished fueling the RV, I ask the delivery guy if he wanted to buy the can. We agreed on $20.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote