Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-04-2020, 11:01 PM   #21

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
Tide he 1/4 cap

Old 03-04-2020, 11:08 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Florida
THOR #15745
I had this same problem with my Travel Trailer tanks. I changed the Dots which read the level with Valterra T21301VP Horst Miracle Probe - Black Water Tanks, Pack of 4 and Valterra T21302VP Horst Miracle Probe - Gray Water Tanks, Pack of 4 one for gray water tank and one for Fresh water tank. I purchased them on Amazon.com. Installed them myself. Did not have any problems after installation. I am installing them on my new Thor Hurricane 34j. I don’t know why they put such cheap sensors on an expensive motor coach.
FMCA Member
Badmanrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:46 AM   #23

Brand: Cruiser
Model: Georgetown 30x3
State: Idaho
THOR #17441
After 50 years and more than a dozen RVs there is one truth: the black tank gages never work. Maybe for one day after serious flush, but that is all you can hope for.

The good news is that you can look down the toilet hole.

I no longer put TP in the black tank. Use the Park toilets when available and the Mexican approach for TP if needed. This after I once had to clear a blockage from the outside. Never again!
Old 03-05-2020, 01:12 AM   #24

Model: Challenger LX
State: South Carolina
THOR #12124
We had problems with the tank sensors just as you described, even though I flushed our tanks religiously. Then DW saw a cure on u-tube. We now put about ten gallons of water, after dumping and flushing, in each black and grey tank and then add Calgon water softener along with Borax and liquid laundry detergent as a tank treatment while we are traveling down the road. The sloshing of this combo cleaned the sensors, which now read properly, it also cleans and deodorizes very well.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:06 PM   #25

State: Mississippi
THOR #17360
tank guages not reading accurately

I had the same problem with tanks reading 2/3 full when they were empty.
I discovered that using the deodorant packs in the toilet were causing the problem. Sediment from the packs were not dissolving. Since I now use the liquid chemicals in the toilet, I have not had any problems!
Pat
Old 03-06-2020, 06:29 PM   #26

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
I gave up on those gauges, and decided they were best defined as decorative lights.