Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-20-2020, 01:56 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Florida
THOR #16050
I tried the whole regulator thing, however, if the water coming out of the spigot is less than 45 psi, how can it be bumped up? Can you recommend a regulator?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I don’t know what to tell you guys......

I attach my regulator and set it for 50psi at each campground have had yet to have an issue.

I just took a 10 minute shower set at 106 and it never fluctuated.

Maybe you have an issue with your unit or maybe you have a restriction in your plumbing due to construction debris in the water lines or a pinched line.

All I know is this is my second coach with the Girard and when you set it up properly, it works like a champ.

Old 07-20-2020, 01:57 AM   #22

Model: Vegas 27.7
THOR #16050
Will do...thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thoromnibb35 View Post
Let me know what you find. It looks like this. Attachment 25021
Old 07-20-2020, 02:11 AM   #23

State: Ohio
THOR #19670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esqui View Post
I tried the whole regulator thing, however, if the water coming out of the spigot is less than 45 psi, how can it be bumped up? Can you recommend a regulator?

I had the exact same question. I have tried three campgrounds and they were all less than 45 so don’t know how this will help but I bought this one with a gauge and is adjustable. Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	25022
Old 07-20-2020, 07:42 AM   #24

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
We learned how to run ours on the first trip by trial and error; Pump ON, water set to 112 degrees, regulate warm water ONLY, shower in comfort!
GVP
Old 07-20-2020, 10:11 AM   #25

THOR #19670
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVP-The Boxcar Children View Post
We learned how to run ours on the first trip by trial and error; Pump ON, water set to 112 degrees, regulate warm water ONLY, shower in comfort!
GVP

Thanks. We will try this. As was stated before, it’s crazy we should have to do this after buying such and expensive coach.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:37 AM   #26
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
I have the same exact issue!!!! I was told by camping world that maybe I should just fill up the fresh tank and use the pump. Is there a better tankless out there that I can buy that works better??
There is a better system available...
Truma!
It's expensive; but it'll work just like the system in your house... only better!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 11:38 AM   #27
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esqui View Post

The way to bump it up has already been stated here.. the water pump that you paid for as part of your rig!
A water regulator protects your rig from HIGH pressure that would damage your coach, but not low pressure.
Tankless heaters do have their quirks.. some have changed out, others have figured out how they work and like them.

Thor clearly can’t control the available water pressure at a campground... but they did give you the way to address it.

Even with tank, there have been campgrounds that just didn’t deliver enough pressure for a good shower... Running the pump works there too... so did a change to Oxygenics shower head.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 01:51 PM   #28

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Again, run the pump, set temperature to your comfort and don't adjust handle ,full hot.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:18 AM   #29

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
Quote:
Thanks. We will try this. As was stated before, it’s crazy we should have to do this after buying such and expensive coach.
Agreed, but you'll get it!
GVP
Old 07-21-2020, 09:06 AM   #30

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
I had the exact same question. I have tried three campgrounds and they were all less than 45 so don’t know how this will help but I bought this one with a gauge and is adjustable. Attachment 25022
That is basically the regulator that I use. For sure the water pressure from one campground to another varies. Some are on the high side.... some are on the low side.

While a regulator is not going to take 20PSI and make it 50PSI, it can help minimize swings in pressure as other people are using water. Swings in pressure impact flow and changes in flow impact the performance of the tankless water heater.

Your fresh water pump is the only way to guarantee the proper pressure and consistent flow. I always keep some water in my fresh water tank. I think in 3 years there was one camp where the water pressure was so bad I just turned on my fresh water pump when I showered so the hot water would remain consistent.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:23 PM   #31

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #17285
We had similar problems and discovered it was not the pressure regulator, but the water filter was dirty and needed to be changed, problem solved.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:26 PM   #32

THOR #19670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenfleck View Post
We had similar problems and discovered it was not the pressure regulator, but the water filter was dirty and needed to be changed, problem solved.

Thanks. Unfortunately, this is a brand new camper and so we haven’t even use the water filter yet.
Old 07-25-2020, 07:28 PM   #33

Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Texas
THOR #16368
Quote:
I’m so glad to have met you here. I don’t feel alone anymore. I have been getting so much grief from Camping World. I felt the exact same thing I bought a very expensive brand new 2021 (not 2020) omni BB 35 motorcoach. The least I would expect is that I would have a working hot water tank. They don’t seem to be very sympathetic to that point. I even emailed the CEO of the company. I don’t know what else to do. Maybe we could brainstorm together how we can fight this problem.
I would love to engage in this fight as well. Since day one our coach has spent more time at CW than in the lot we are paying to store it! We only have been gettin hot water to our bath sink and must run it there to get hot water to the kitchen to wash dishes. Needless to say, there are two problems w this. The grey and black tanks fill exceptionally fast and if the stopper slips in the bath sink (forget to take it out), we have a potential flood on our hands!! 🤬 For a coach at this price point, this is totally unacceptable!
Old 07-25-2020, 07:39 PM   #34

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
THOR #12751
Quote:
Thanks. Unfortunately, this is a brand new camper and so we haven’t even use the water filter yet.
Better make sure your water filter is installed. They are not installed at the factory so if your dealer didn't do it (and many don't), you don't have it installed!
Old 07-25-2020, 09:08 PM   #35

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
I have an empty canister under the bed. Left it that way and just use an external filter
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 09:50 PM   #36

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
We have never had an issue other than the flip of a switch to turn on the pump while taking a shower. Since my wife likes long showers this tankless beats the heck out of the holding tank style.
Old 07-25-2020, 10:14 PM   #37

Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
Us too. Although if I run the pump with city water also attached, when I detach from city water the pump seems louder for a while???
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 10:19 PM   #38

THOR #17285
Yes, petefoss, we have the external filter as well.
Old 07-25-2020, 10:24 PM   #39

THOR #17285
Ive gotten pretty quick response by going to the top of CW. Also, if you do a Google review of the CW location, it gets immediate attention. In our case, I also kept in close touch with Thor Warranty via email to document every single issue. They were very gracious about carrying items from the 1 year warranty over until we could get to the CW near our home base in TN, however, I cannot recommend that location as we had to go back three times and endured countless delays and excuses. (Tom Johnson CW in Marion, NC).
Old 07-26-2020, 03:08 AM   #40

Model: Miramar
THOR #6133
Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I don’t know what to tell you guys......

I attach my regulator and set it for 50psi at each campground have had yet to have an issue.

I just took a 10 minute shower set at 106 and it never fluctuated.

Maybe you have an issue with your unit or maybe you have a restriction in your plumbing due to construction debris in the water lines or a pinched line.

All I know is this is my second coach with the Girard and when you set it up properly, it works like a champ.
Same here. Been using mine for 3 weeks now and have not had a problem with it at 50psi. I do have it set at 115 and add a little cold water for showers. Works great