Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-17-2020, 03:48 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude BH35
State: Colorado
THOR #20053
Exclamation Thor Magnitude Skyview Shade in Cab Overhead

HI All,

JUst joined the forum, so thanks for that. Wanted to reach out to the Magnitude owners and see if they have been able to resolve the Skyview Shade issues that I have heard of, where the shade moves up and down only a few inches, maybe 10 to 16 inches and stops.

I have a 2020 Magnitude BH35 and the Skyview Shade was working for about the first month we owned it. It failed fortunately about 6 inches from the bottom of the movement but it would not close completely and would only go about 12 inches open and stop with a beep.

Took the coach to the dealer(CW) and they said they are diagnosing the issues and that Thor told them to come up with a fix, as they don't know what to do.

I find that questionable as the shade was working well for a month and that Thor should have a fix for it.

Anyone else have the same experience and is there any fix. IT almost sounds like it is a movement limitation that was reset and I am not sure how to set the open and close stop points with this shade?

Thanls for your comments

Old 08-17-2020, 04:03 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Camping World. No further explanation required
Old 08-17-2020, 04:13 PM   #3

THOR #20053
Camping World

True, between the mess they lets in the coach, hand prints on the skyview shade itself that I had to clean and the HDMI cable I had to replace so I can have Dish on the next trip, they caused more issues then they fixed.

If you know of a good dealer in Colorado that can handle the Magnitude, I would love to know
Old 08-17-2020, 05:16 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I can;'t help with your problem with eht shade.
But welcome to the forum anyway!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:14 PM   #5

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
If the dealer can't repair it and since it is still under factory warranty, I am surprised that Thor just didn't tell them to replace it. You might want to call the Thor Customer line and talk directly to them about the issue. They will usually agree and have it replaced by the dealer.

Paul
Old 08-17-2020, 07:52 PM   #6

Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Texas
THOR #16693
Did you happen to change or unhook the house batteries just prior to the issue?
cbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 08:49 PM   #7

THOR #20053
I don't think I did. I turn the Master battery switch off when we store it, outside of that, nothing electrical has changed.
What are you thinking. I think the open and close stops are reset, but no one can tell me how to adjust them
Old 08-17-2020, 08:53 PM   #8

Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
THOR #16693
Quote:
Originally Posted by meyeagle View Post
I don't think I did. I turn the Master battery switch off when we store it, outside of that, nothing electrical has changed.
What are you thinking. I think the open and close stops are reset, but no one can tell me how to adjust them
Mine acted stupid after I changed batteries, seeming to get stuck in different positions and beeping at me. Finally ran it full open and held the button for a few seconds, then full closed and held for a few seconds, now it's back to normal. Don't know if that's the "proper" procedure, but what the heck...it works
cbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 11:20 PM   #9

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Had the same issue on my XG32. The dealership called Thor on what to do about it. Not sure what they did, but they fixed it. I know they had to take the shade cover off and do an adjustment.
So I know it can be fixed. Try another dealership, and not another camping world.
Old 08-18-2020, 04:09 AM   #10

THOR #20053
Thanks all for the responses. I believe it is something that can be fixed easily, and to all your points not sure that this coach is going back to Camping World again.
Old 05-17-2022, 03:28 AM   #11

THOR #26859
Any luck?

Did you ever have any luck with your Skyview shade? I’ve got one that seems to have jumped the track. Looking for any advice or lessons learned.

Thanks!
Old 05-22-2022, 07:54 PM   #12

Model: OMNI SV34
State: Arizona
THOR #25712
2022 Thor OMNI SV34

Mine is acting up as well. Seems like a tracking problem. As I was up there diagnosing the issue, a large spring fell to the ground. I will take it to my dealer, but I was wondering if anyone had access the skyview’s manufacturer. I was hoping for schematics so I could better understand the mechanics.

Tags
bh35, magnitude, skyview shade