Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-05-2020, 10:36 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheilamcc View Post
Hi, we are dealing with a similar issue. A contractor in the RV park recommended using a product called Quad with a caulking gun. It is a clear sealant that cures in about a week. We are not finished, but this is a trial and error process of pouring a small amount of water onto the top of the slide, watching for water, then drying the seal and applying sealant wherever you think the leak may be starting. Our first try did not resolve it, but we are trying again this week. I don't believe this is any better than a shop could do. Perhaps we will hear from some of the other owners....
I just completed a fix on the “side” slide seals
One of them came apart at the fold

So I ordered a 10’ roll of solid neoprene rubber on Amazon and adhered it to the slide area with 3M commercial grade double stick tape

You can also add a screw or rivet for extra fastening.

You’ll need to make a couple of small cuts to allow the slide mechanism to move freely.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9CE1964F-2CFE-4AAA-A81B-0AB9EA68D886.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	27038   Click image for larger version

Name:	DA2FA0EA-4165-4FA1-810D-18B152A5FEE1.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	27039  

Name:	3C9FF074-3916-4662-976D-2D4371F9479E.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	27040  

Old 11-11-2020, 08:34 PM   #22

Model: 2016 A.C.E. 27.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #17813
Thor slide leaking

Well we just had 1.5 inches of rain and I still have the leak. It's dripping from the top of the slide channel on the lower aft side and making its way into the RV. Can't figure out where the water is originating from.... anybody have a similar leak?
Old 11-12-2020, 09:42 PM   #23

THOR #17813
Thor slide leaking

Just found out that it was an outside speaker not a heater exhaust that needed caulking. Still haven't solved the leak problem.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:35 PM   #24

THOR #17813
I took the lower rear molding cover off of the slide out and discovered that there was about a 1/4 gap between the horizontal and vertical pieces.... just a dab of caulk to hold the cover on. Stuffed a bunch of putty in to seal the gap and will reapply the cover with double side tape. We'll see if this makes a difference after the next rain.
Old 07-04-2021, 01:26 PM   #25

State: Connecticut
THOR #24074
SOLVED Example on Thor Vegas 25.3 and Similar Frame Slide Models

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit55 View Post
Have 2016 Thor Vegas MC. Am getting water leakage inside coach be hind drivers’ seat from living room slide. Occurring (I think) when slide is closed.
There is a 4” rubber piece attached to MC (under canvas) that acts as a boot for the slide. When slide is out, it is on top of the slide to shield water. When slide closed, a rubber piece on top of slide, makes it go back under the wall of MC. Since rubber shield is longer than slide, it does a crease in the corner. There is a tear in the rubber at back and front where it makes this transition.
There is another rubber gasket on the top of the slide under the canvas. It is suppose to seal the slide when it is closed against the MC. These gaskets are also on the vertical part of the slide to seal the sides. The top gasket (in a groove) had moved toward the back of MC. I have slid it back forward.
Any ideas on how to stop leak?
I know this is an older thread and there was a lot of great advice, so I am confident this has been solved for you. Replying in the event that new folks are visiting because they have found an issue. In my scenario, I noticed a small leak after heavy rain on the floor coming from the back bottom corner of my slide when closed. Also, some water on the top of the lower half of the slide where it overlaps when slide is retracted. What I discovered is the seal under the bottom slide frame had failed allowing water that was coming down the outside slide face and pooling on top of that frame to find its way in. Can be temporarily fixed with some outdoor sealer, but recommend removing the frame, assessing the damage and fixing completely. Included a generic googled picture to illustrate where to look. Disclaimer: I am NOT an RV repair professional; this is just an example of my scenario which could be a common one. Water finds the path of least resistant so please follow the previous great advice in addition to checking this.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Thor Slide Leak.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	31825  
Old 07-05-2021, 07:35 PM   #26

THOR #17813
I am still having leakage problems. I had to remove the slide out awning bracket to caulk the molding in the upper left ( as you look from the outside) corner. That seemed to help the leak coming from under the bed but I'm still getting a leak somewhere in the right rear corner of the roof. I've taped the seams with EternaBond, sealed the edges with Dicor and it still leaks. It seeps slowly after I wipe it off with a towel. The last rain we had was 3 days ago and it's still seeping. I'm thinking of pressurizing the R/V with a squirrel cage blower after taping off the roof vents in order to build up enough pressure to show where it's leaking. Hopefully I don't over pressurize and cause more leaks. I built a makeshift manometer and will have to check to see what is a safe pressure differential.
Old 01-20-2022, 02:55 PM   #27

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Thor Gemini 23TW AWD
State: Idaho
THOR #25706
Gemini 2022 no inside seal around slide

Is their suppose to be an inside seal around slide. Dealer has doubled up on outside seal but. I can still see daylight around slide and the cold wind whistle through. If not is there a solution out there thanks.
Old 01-20-2022, 04:30 PM   #28

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootenay Chris View Post
Is their suppose to be an inside seal around slide. Dealer has doubled up on outside seal but. I can still see daylight around slide and the cold wind whistle through. If not is there a solution out there thanks.
When the in-wall slide is in, the bulb seal on the outer slide surround should seal the slide completely from water and air intrusion. For this to work, the slide must be completely in and square in the opening. When the slide is out, the wiper seals keep the weather out. There are rubber, knife edge, wiper seals on the top and side of the coach attached to the edges of the openings that rub on the slides surface. On the bottom of the slide near the inside edge is another knife edge wiper slide that works with the other knife edge, wiper seals to seal out the weather. There are small cuts in the side wiper seals for the slide's tracks. Since these are cut after the slide is installed, they are often not correctly cut. These sections can be replaced.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote