Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 08:57 PM   #23
bigben

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
As I said - I don't understand (and yep Ted thanks for pointing that out). Our coach on 4 Trojan 105s makes it easily through the night (11 to 7) running our residential frig, CPAP and some SAT TV. Batteries set at about 11.9-12 volts each morning. We are not wanting to eliminate the gennie in total but rather to help top up the batteries during the daytime. Other choices are to run a 2000 watt generator for about 8 hours a day. As I said, we are no hook ups for about 2.5 months each winter.

So here is what I don't understand - how many batteries do you have? Is your alternator not charging your household batteries while you driving? What else are you running beyond your residential refrig - based on our experiences over the last 4 winters - our 4 Trojan T105s are more that equal to the task of 8-10 hours of residential refrig. Oh yes - I turn the ice maker off each night to avoid the draw of the automatic ice maker. So I'd recommend you look at your battery bank as well as the charging source.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum