Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 05:07 PM   #1
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Good Sam or AAA Premium RV

We just purchased our first RV (2015 Thor Vegas 24.1) and are now going through the equipage and coverage drill. I have a roadside assistance coverage question.

We have AAA Premium for our car. I'd like to add the RV to the AAA Premium plan. I like that it has 200 mile tow for the RV, but the flat coverage is to change a mounted spare (the Vegas does not have a mounted spare).

I looked at Good Sam and saw that it's premium plan has 100 mile tow. The basic plan only tows to the nearest rv service center. The premium plan also will change a flat and bring a new tire to mount on the rim (you pay cost of tire & labor). Does the Good Sam service trucks have the capability to demount the flat and mount a new tire on the rim at the side of the road? What about balancing the newly mounted tire?

Finally, what do you think is best -- Good Sam or AAA Premium RV? I'd especially like to hear from anyone who has (and has used) their AAA Premium RV. I'm thinking Good Sam probably has a larger coverage ability, but I just do not know enough about the two to make a good comparison.

Thanks in advance
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum