Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 07:28 PM   #18
bevedfelker

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
JerrynCarol -- just had my 2015 Vegas in for service and one of the items was my A/C condenser icing up and then dripping into the living area when the AC cycled off and the ice on the condenser coils melted.

There is a little device called a thermistor that is attached to the condenser coils to sense if the coils ice up. Mine was not positioned correctly. I had 2 good years after I bought the RV new when we lived in Tampa and then last year was when the icing started. The tech said road vibration from driving it and vibration from the AC running could cause the thermistor to move out of position. They also cleaned the coils and readjusted some baffles in the AC unit that was allowing warm and cold air to mix. They said all three of these things could contribute to the coils icing up.

I had noticed that the icing was only occurring when the air was really humid.

I just picked up the RV from the shop today so I won't be able to check if the icing problem has been mitigated.

I'll let you know after our next camping trip.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum