Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 03:22 PM   #125
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar1951 View Post
Looked through all the responses for installing recliners, and nobody besides me is looking to or has installed them in an Outlaw. It's class C 29H. I would love to know how the chairs are fastened to the floor. The slide out moves 16.5". I haven't removed the jackknife couch, so I can't tell which part of the floor moves when the slide out is extended. As it stands, I'm guessing I'll have to install some sort of shim, on the floor that allows the chairs to move with the slide out while not dragging across the stationary part of the floor. Anybody have any insight? BTW, I suppose there's a good possibility that the jackknife couch frame is attached to the back and 2 side walls, which means I'd have to build some sort of platform and attach the chairs to that. Just not sure at this point.
Take a look under your couch--shouldn't have to remove it. To see if there is any extended floor below it? I'm guessing it is probably setup like our Axis is with a good 18" or so of floor in addition to the slide floor that the couch rests on.

In our case there are wood strips that are bolted to the slide floor. Then the recliners are attatched to the wood strips.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-10-03 15.42.39.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	23932
In this picture look under the left recliner you can see the black strip of wood with the bolts in it.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum