Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 04:34 PM   #10
aznytfury

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Aria 3901
State: Arizona
THOR #14127
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtyphoid View Post
To be clear, they didn't build a LiFePo4 specific profile. Instead, they added a "CUSTOM" option on the battery type page that allows me to set absorb, float, and equalization voltages. None of the other custom charge profile settings in the Magnum are made available as far as I've been able to determine. I have been assuming that all of the other settings in the Magnum are using default settings, but there's a possibility that the Firefly is changing other settings that I cannot see.

Like you, I would have liked access to more of the Magnum settings via the Firefly system, but what they provided seems to work well enough.

I added a Victron BMV-712 to monitor state of charge and I'm happy with it, but it obviously cannot provide any feedback to control the charging process.

I've been toying with the idea of building an arduino-based CAN bus monitor/controller to snoop on the messages that the Firefly system is sending to the Magnum and see if I can send my own messages to set the Magnum up exactly as I want.

Excellent! Thanks for the info! I actually talked to Firefly about bringing the SoC into their display via a 3rd party monitor...possible, but costly to customize...I like your idea of using a separate home-brew monitor/controller...I have tinkered with arduino-based devices in my home automation so I like that idea too.

Sorry, one final question. Does this mean, on your Firefly screen, you have a custom screen that lets you set the charge voltages (i.e.: bulk, absorption, float, etc.)? Or does the Custom profile simply let you set it on the Magnum I/C via a separate remote (i.e.: ME-ARC) and preserve/save it that way?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum