RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 03:10 PM   #6
DavidEM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Quote:
Originally Posted by atreis View Post
You can still get normal discounts on new ones if you're willing to order and wait. I got 32% off MSRP on mine. I still have my trailer, and it's winter, so no great hurry for me.
So did I.

I started seriously shopping at the end of summer. I first checked Rvtrader for new and newish models of the coach I was interested in. By September used coaches were often advertised for more than new ones (and still are).

So I called a few dealers, those that are always offering low prices on Rvtrader in the Midwest and Texas (I am in Connecticut) and got their offers in hand. One was about 30% off of MSRP. Then I called local dealers. One gave me a price at 30+% off of MSRP and the other quoted $15,000 higher. I laughed at the second guy and placed an order with the first.

It should be delivered in a few weeks.

So new is actually a better buy today, if you are willing to shop and wait for delivery, than used.

David

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.