Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Axis/Vegas 24.1
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 02:07 PM   #1
AJMike

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Regency Ultra Brougham IB
State: Arizona
THOR #13468
Axis/Vegas 24.1

I am sure this has been discussed, but my search failed to bring up anything relevant. Perhaps poor keyword selection on my part ...

We currently have a Winnebago Class C RV with a bedroom slide and the slide needs to be extended or there is no decent place to sleep. This has not generally been an issue but the other night we were boondocking near Yuma and the wind was so strong that the slide topper looked like it would tear itself apart, so we put in the slide and tried to sleep, without much luck. That was not the first time this has happened and we began to think that perhaps we should have a twin bed model, slide or not, so we would not run into this problem. And, as it turns out, there really are not that many twin bed RV models.

The first twin bed RV on my list is the Axis/Vegas 24.1 because I loved the floor plan when we saw it the last time we were looking for an RV, but when I checked the website of the very large, multi-city, dealership in this area (which is also a Thor authorized dealer) they had no Thor RVs at all in stock in any of their stores. When I asked a sales guy why there were no Thor products in any of their stores his answer was, and I quote directly from his text response:

That is a extremely inexpensive and not good build quality

We don't sell those any longer as they are always living in our service department.

So my question is whether or not this is correct. I know they are inexpensive, especially given the latest rise in prices, but what about the quality? Is it really an issue?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum