Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 03:31 PM   #55
BASSMAN

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 25.4
State: California
THOR #7440
Badmanrick, not sure of the brand or type of the Battery Isolation Manager, I just bypassed it and its hooked directly to the DC to DC battery charger, the Axis came with flooded lead acid batteries for the engine and the coach so I doubt the Battery Isolation Manager is able to handle the Gel, AGM or Lithium, with out the temp probe you run the risk of overheating your batteries an splitting them open, I am sure you recall when Boeing rolled out their new 787 and they had to ground the entire fleet due to the new lithium batteries overheating and catching fire, I bought a new Ford F-150 and it came with a AGM battery and it has a temp probe attached to the ground cable at the battery post, I have a lot of money invested in the Gel Cells so I am not going to risk overheating them, I do only dry camping and just bought a 78 quart compressor refrigerator/freezer, its runs on 12/24 Volt DC or 120/220 Volt AC, I camp in the Southern California desert and fish the Colorado river, I am out fishing most of the day and when I come in my batteries are fully charged from the solar panels, at night I watch TV with lights on and so forth, TVs have been replaced with 12 volt units, I use a CPAP at night and its hooked to a 12 volt connection, in the morning I use the Inverter for the coffee maker and my batteries are down by about 25%, when I head out to go fishing I turn on both of the over head fans in the vents to help keep the inside of the coach cool, only time I every run the generator is to run the A/C long enough to cool the inside down if it gets too warm, its been a good system for me, I just bought 2 new Dakota lithium batteries for my bass boat, I have a 24 volt trolling motor and have 4 12 volt batterie, two hooked in series for a set of two and they are isolated by a battery switch, I run one set one day and switch over to the other set the next day and use a Honda 1000 watt generator to recharge them at night, those two Dakota Lithium batteries with two 10 amp chargers were $1,700.00, if they perform like they claim I will replace the other set and buy two more, they come with a 11 year warranty

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum