Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 03:29 PM   #15
Wiley1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 23H
State: Virginia
THOR #19277
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Sweet!! Would you mind posting a few more close-up pics of your plumbing? I've been wanting to put a diverter valve in the city water pex (near the pump) to fill the FW tank... then I have options other than just the gravity fill. Thanks!
I'm calling it a "pump bypass valve" because that is really what it does. Your pump has a check valve built-in that stops water from flowing backward into the pump when it senses a certain amount of pressure. All I did was add some pex to go around it.

You shouldn't need any more pictures because this one is high-res. You can zoom in on any part of it.

I'll explain in more detail what you are seeing:

At the bottom is the line from the FW tank. Thor put a valve there to prevent antifreeze from backflowing into the tank. I cut the line after the valve.
Next is a T-fitting. One side goes to the Anti-freeze fill port and the bypass valve. The other side leads to the strainer and pump. I mounted the strainer with the bowl down. Thor had it upside down.
After the pump is another T-fitting and a shut-off valve. That valve isn't really necessary. I added it only so the pump could be serviced without disconnecting City Water.
Last is the output line that runs along the floor under the dinette and over to the hot water heater.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum