Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 11:23 AM   #5
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Been camping now for almost 20 years: Had to change 1 tire on our 5er. (It was the typical 5er story: Driving along blissfully unaware and someone pulls up next to us pointing back at the trailer. Pull over and looky a tire blew. The tires were old and I may have let them go a little too long.)

In that same time frame I've also had to replace 1 vehicle tire: Ran over something in our F-350; fortunately the tire lasted long enough that I just drove it to Discount Tire before all the air was completely gone.

A coworker had to use Ford's roadside assistance (the same assistance is included for Ford's EVs--go figure you may run out of charge). When you call the Ford number you get a dispatcher who finds the nearest contracted company to your location. For us RV'ers you could stress when you make the call that you'll need a tire (thus likely limiting the contractors available to the ones that can supply a tire). In his case it took a few hours because they had to find a flatbed truck due to the Ford EVs hatred of being towed in any form.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.