Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 12:45 PM   #67
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I'm familiar with conformal coating (at one of my prior workplaces they used a dishwasher to remove all the remaining flux before applying the conformal coat). The local home improvement store sells the "as seen on TV" "Flex Seal"! LOL If it isn't conductive it may make a good cover as well (much like a spray on bedliner would for a pickup truck applications).

The adhesive seems to be conductive. After I applied a few overlapping strips of the foil tape to my "test tank" I checked for conductance across all of them. The test involved 3 overlapping strips which yielded the best results so far. I even had to step down the resistor (to about 3M) so that the measurement can be completed in a reasonable amount of time.

I have yet to attempt to solder to the tape (the next step when I get a chance).

This is the tape I picked up:
Shop 3M 2.5-in x 150-ft Silver Foil Tape at Lowes.com
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum