Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-15-2021, 06:11 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Can that bed be used if the slide is retracted?

One thing for the DW and myself is even thought it might be tight we must have full functionality of the coach is all slides are retracted. In our current rig we cannot access one lower sink cabinet if all slides are in.

It does not seem possible to me. The CAD drawings are very close to scale, and the slide is much deeper (or wide) than aisle when Murphy bed is down.

Also, Axis/Vegas are approximately 90 inches wide inside, so even if mattress was right against wall, the foot end of mattress would only leave 16 inches to passenger-side wall. Given that fridge and closer are deeper than 16 inches, there would be interference trying to open Murphy bed with slide retracted.

I think Thor is “all in” with Axis/Vegas having slides, and in most floor plans, the main bed required a slide be extended. The most successful floor plan by far has been the 24.1 which doesn’t require slide be extended, yet Thor doesn’t seem to place much importance on that feature in that they don’t often copy it.

Old 09-15-2021, 06:20 PM   #22
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
It does not seem possible to me. The CAD drawings are very close to scale, and the slide is much deeper (or wide) than aisle when Murphy bed is down.

Also, Axis/Vegas are approximately 90 inches wide inside, so even if mattress was right against wall, the foot end of mattress would only leave 16 inches to passenger-side wall. Given that fridge and closer are deeper than 16 inches, there would be interference trying to open Murphy bed with slide retracted.

I think Thor is “all in” with Axis/Vegas having slides, and in most floor plans, the main bed required a slide be extended. The most successful floor plan by far has been the 24.1 which doesn’t require slide be extended, yet Thor doesn’t seem to place much importance on that feature in that they don’t often copy it.
If you look at the Delano 24FB in the 360 view (Here) and click on the "Bedroom" you can see that the gap between the bed and the dresser/wall does look a lot shorter than the depth of the slide. Of course that is the Delano....

Thor did post some pics of the Hershey RV show and promised more posts--I asked if they were going to post a walkthrough video of the 24.4. (No reply yet)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 11:52 PM   #23

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
If you look at the Delano 24FB in the 360 view (Here) and click on the "Bedroom" you can see that the gap between the bed and the dresser/wall does look a lot shorter than the depth of the slide. Of course that is the Delano....

Thor did post some pics of the Hershey RV show and promised more posts--I asked if they were going to post a walkthrough video of the 24.4. (No reply yet)

Confirms space is indeed tight between bed and kitchen; and while the Axis/Vegas is a few inches wider than Delano, it won’t be enough to open Murphy bed.

What I find most interesting is that with slide fully extended, and bed down, the aisle in front of kitchen and only way to reach bathroom seems so tight that owners may end up flipping bed up every day even when parked. It would be interesting to hear from owners of similar floor plans if they leave bed down during day when not traveling.
Old 09-15-2021, 11:53 PM   #24

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
We got another dog and I looked at a few bigger than our 2016 24.1 on e450. Some nice ones but too many trade offs since primary purpose is towing racecar. Without getting huge, F53 based units lack the combined towing/cargo capacity we need.

Pricing also seems very escalated.
Old 09-16-2021, 12:54 AM   #25
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Here is an RV tour video of the Delano 24FB. At the 3:30 mark you'll note she is demonstrating with the slide in. There is no way to drop the murphy bed there is barely any space for a person let alone a full bed.

Old 09-16-2021, 12:56 AM   #26

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Horrible floorplan
They are no longer making the 24.1 twin/king conversion in any of the models
Huge huge mistake
Old 09-16-2021, 01:28 AM   #27

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Oh no we love our 25.6. Our slide has pantry. Tv etc
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:46 AM   #28

THOR #2121
Quote:
Here is an RV tour video of the Delano 24FB. At the 3:30 mark you'll note she is demonstrating with the slide in. There is no way to drop the murphy bed there is barely any space for a person let alone a full bed.

.....cut.....
If you are into camping in one place for long periods with very little driving, I suppose that floor plan could work. However, for touring (i.e. — traveling) that floor plan would drive me crazy, and I don’t mind small spaces. With slide retracted, the center aisle is way narrower than practically any van camper (Class B) being built today. There is too much stuff crammed into too little space for my taste.

I like that that dealer shows what the inside looks like with slide retracted. And the lady is small, so I can only imagine a large man trying to squeeze through to the fridge or bathroom while on the road.

The one feature I like about Delano is how front seats become part of living area all at one elevation. That’s one disadvantage the Axis 24.4 will have by comparison.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F839601E-7516-4E24-9C5C-914F2C9E1E2A.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	33667   Click image for larger version

Name:	57367576-FA38-4490-A37E-7129FF946E2D.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	33668  

Old 09-16-2021, 01:51 AM   #29

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
If you are into camping in one place for long periods with very little driving, I suppose that floor plan could work. However, for touring (i.e. — traveling) that floor plan would drive me crazy, and I don’t mind small spaces. With slide retracted, the center aisle is way narrower than practically any van camper (Class B) being built today. There is too much stuff crammed into too little space for my taste.

I like that that dealer shows what the inside looks like with slide retracted. And the lady is small, so I can only imagine a large man trying to squeeze through to the fridge or bathroom while on the road.

The one feature I like about Delano is how front seats become part of living area all at one elevation. That’s one disadvantage the Axis 24.4 will have by comparison.
Slide in is very tight ..
Old 09-16-2021, 09:28 AM   #30
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
Horrible floorplan
They are no longer making the 24.1 twin/king conversion in any of the models
Huge huge mistake
Um? 24.1 is shown on both the Axis and Vegas pages. They haven't stopped making the 24.1. It isn't going anywhere. (The twin bed layout for lines like Gemini and Compass has been long gone.)

Honestly, the more I look at this new floorplan the more I like it.

So to each his own.
Old 09-16-2021, 12:25 PM   #31

THOR #2121
Quote:

......cut.....

So to each his own.
I think Thor improved on both the 25.6 it replaced, and also the newer 24.3. However, the new 24.4 will likely have considerably less outside storage than your 24.1, which could be an issue for some buyers.

One of the design disadvantages of relying on larger slides to “create” greater living space is that outside storage is normally reduced. We will have to wait for specs, but expect new 24.4 will be much less than 24.1.

I still think Thor marketing is missing out by not offering a touring version of 24.1 floor plan with much larger under-bed outside storage like on Cross Trek (Trail) and Winnebago EKKO. I honestly expected new Axis to go in that direction, but agree new 24.4 is a good design for what it is meant to be.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:02 PM   #32
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
I think Thor improved on both the 25.6 it replaced, and also the newer 24.3. However, the new 24.4 will likely have considerably less outside storage than your 24.1, which could be an issue for some buyers.

One of the design disadvantages of relying on larger slides to “create” greater living space is that outside storage is normally reduced. We will have to wait for specs, but expect new 24.4 will be much less than 24.1.

I still think Thor marketing is missing out by not offering a touring version of 24.1 floor plan with much larger under-bed outside storage like on Cross Trek (Trail) and Winnebago EKKO. I honestly expected new Axis to go in that direction, but agree new 24.4 is a good design for what it is meant to be.
Yeah that is the tradeoff: Much less outside storage. That big bay in the back of the 24.1 is nice.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:12 PM   #33

THOR #13362
Quote:
Um? 24.1 is shown on both the Axis and Vegas pages. They haven't stopped making the 24.1. It isn't going anywhere. (The twin bed layout for lines like Gemini and Compass has been long gone.)

So to each his own.
You misunderstood…
No Sprinter, 4 Winds, Compass, Delano, etc models have the lone Vegas/Axis 24.1 Twin/King bed floorplan.

For a few years in ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 several models had the popular floorplan.
Now only Vegas-Axis 24.1 offers it
Old 09-16-2021, 01:27 PM   #34

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
You misunderstood…
No Sprinter, 4 Winds, Compass, Delano, etc models have the lone Vegas/Axis 24.1 Twin/King bed floorplan.

For a few years in ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 several models had the popular floorplan.
Now only Vegas-Axis 24.1 offers it

The Thor Chateau and Four Winds 25V remain with same floor plan they had, which is essentially an exact copy of Axis/Vegas 24.1 except with a dinette in place of couch/bed. I did not look at other models.
Old 09-16-2021, 01:57 PM   #35

THOR #13362
Quote:
The Thor Chateau and Four Winds 25V remain with same floor plan they had, which is essentially an exact copy of Axis/Vegas 24.1 except with a dinette in place of couch/bed. I did not look at other models.
I stand corrected.
But, it's basically a limited edition. That is...there are 12 floorplans for Chateau + 12 floorplans for Four Winds.

What I'm trying to say is that it's a popular floorplan but unavailable in any high-end Mercedes Sprinter models.
I should have led with that several comments ago.

Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 10-08-2021, 01:10 PM   #36

THOR #2121
Following up on the Axis/Vegas 24.4 floor plan, has anyone seen any new information?

It has been nearly a month since I saw the first ad showing the new floor plan, but then it was taken down. Two other dealers still have it listed as “on its way”, but show no 24.4 specific data at all. Looks like websites have not been updated.

I expected it to have been introduced at Hershey, but see no evidence of that either. It is almost as if Thor changed their minds about the 24.4. A year or so ago Winnebago introduced two EKKO floor plans on their website and soon after removed one without explanations. It was speculated that the larger EKKO was too heavy for the Transit chassis GVWR and was dropped at prototype stage.

I’m mostly curious if dropping a floor plan before it goes into production is something Thor has done before? In this case it may just be a manufacturing delay, or perhaps they are tweaking the design. In any case it seems strange.
Old 10-08-2021, 01:14 PM   #37
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Might not be enough dealer interest or advanced orders to proceed to production. Thor has enough back orders on existing models to keep them busy for awhile.
Old 10-08-2021, 01:30 PM   #38
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
I've been watching too.

Asked them on Facebook about it and they said it was a go. However if you Google it there seems to be fewer dealers with it than before. Perhaps they did back off on it. May have to ask them...
Old 10-09-2021, 01:56 AM   #39

THOR #2121
Quote:
I've been watching too.

Asked them on Facebook about it and they said it was a go. However if you Google it there seems to be fewer dealers with it than before. Perhaps they did back off on it. May have to ask them...

If Thor backs out of 24.4 floor plan because of excessive weight for E-350 chassis, or due to high price point, or for whatever reason, perhaps Thor will finally try going smaller than 24.1.

Since most popular floor plan is 24.1 which happens to also be smallest, lightest, and cheapest, I still don’t understand why Thor won’t test the waters to the smaller side since every single larger floor plan has come and gone.
Old 10-09-2021, 11:03 AM   #40
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
If Thor backs out of 24.4 floor plan because of excessive weight for E-350 chassis, or due to high price point, or for whatever reason, perhaps Thor will finally try going smaller than 24.1.

Since most popular floor plan is 24.1 which happens to also be smallest, lightest, and cheapest, I still don’t understand why Thor won’t test the waters to the smaller side since every single larger floor plan has come and gone.
I asked them on Facebook but have yet to receive a reply--weekend and all.

It is suspicious how dealer pages for the 24.4 have vanished. Bummer too, we really liked that floorplan and wanted to see one.