Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class A Motor Coach
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-07-2017, 10:00 PM   #81
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 8
THOR #9109
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Hello Bob...If you want to get a leg up on some fantastic mods for your Windsport, look up Jerry's Hurricane mods...a good friend of mine created this forum and there are tons of DIY mods, one of them covers controlling the heat in the bedroom by changing the vent to one that closes therefore forcing the heated air to the front of the coach. There are hundreds of other mods too. I suggest also that you join Amazon Prime.

Good luck and have fun, fun, fun!!!!!

Thanks, I will check it out.
__________________

__________________
BobLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:53 PM   #82
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
Posts: 2
THOR #9512
Just bought a 2018 Windsport 29M... have had it on two trips so far, one to the beach and one to the mountains... overall we love it... some glitches to work thru with the dealer but nothing major.


One question I have is about the Microwave. We assumed we could use it if we were running the generator, but it only seems to have power if hooked to shore power. Is this correct or is something wired incorrectly?
__________________

__________________
mbs.shaffer@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:30 PM   #83
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: hurricane 32n
State: Florida
Posts: 784
THOR #4158
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbs.shaffer@gmail.com View Post
Just bought a 2018 Windsport 29M... have had it on two trips so far, one to the beach and one to the mountains... overall we love it... some glitches to work thru with the dealer but nothing major.


One question I have is about the Microwave. We assumed we could use it if we were running the generator, but it only seems to have power if hooked to shore power. Is this correct or is something wired incorrectly?
Yes it should work with generator running. Does the lite come on the microwave?
__________________
Jerry and Debbie
2015. Hurricane 32N /Kia Soul toad
Retired
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 03:29 AM   #84
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbs.shaffer@gmail.com View Post
Just bought a 2018 Windsport 29M... have had it on two trips so far, one to the beach and one to the mountains... overall we love it... some glitches to work thru with the dealer but nothing major.


One question I have is about the Microwave. We assumed we could use it if we were running the generator, but it only seems to have power if hooked to shore power. Is this correct or is something wired incorrectly?
First, Congratulations on your new coach and welcome to the forum!!! We have a 29M and love it!

Everything should work with generator on. Since it works on shore power it must be plugged in and breaker not tripped. Double check your generator breakers, one side might be tripped.

Chech out Jerry’s Hurricane mods under the Modifications section, well over 100 pages of ideas and mods to keep you busy and your wallet light!
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 11:45 PM   #85
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Maryland
Posts: 4
THOR #8072
What is CHF?
__________________
tprecord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 01:53 AM   #86
Senior Member
 
DinoC41's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,126
THOR #2757
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprecord View Post
What is CHF?
CHF stands for Cheap Handling Fix

__________________
Dino & Angie
2017 Thor Windsport 29M

2012 Jeep Liberty Sport 4X4 (Toad)
FMCA: F463694
DinoC41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 01:56 AM   #87
Senior Member
 
jpmihalk's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
Posts: 1,132
THOR #3761
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprecord View Post
What is CHF?
CHF = “Cheap Handling Fix” and there are many threads on it. It is basically moving the anti-sway links to the stiffer inner holes on the sway bars to stiffen up the house when turning or in windy conditions. With a little knowledge and the right torque wrench and sockets you can do this in around an hour for front and back.
__________________
John
2016 Thor Hurricane 35C with pups Piper and Annabelle
2013 Ford Fiesta toad
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 01:15 PM   #88
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
Posts: 5
THOR #12564
Windsport 29M

Purchased ours in late July and love it. Have found quite a few missed items from factory that I have had to work through. But, overall we love it. Hate our experiences with the selling dealership CW.
__________________
RVBinkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 02:43 PM   #89
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
Posts: 295
THOR #13360
Wow some other Windsport owners

I was beginning to think I had the only Windsport. We got a 2015 34E a couple weeks ago, haven't used it because I've been going over the coach fixing the title things that nobody looked for or saw. Like fender skirts loose from body panel, missing front bracket on the frt cap, zip tying wires to keep them for flapping, Looking for opening for our mice and bugs. Installing an ems system clean up...you know the drill.
Wife hasn't retired yet so it gives me some time to fix all the things I've found.
Next stop will be Jerrys Hurricane mods page to see what I'm missing.
We when from a 25 class C 30 years ago to this monster, my have things changed over the years electric ignition on most everything power jacks, TVs everywhere, cameras, just wow!
Thanks for the info I'm seeing on these pages, learning a lot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3904.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	13620  
__________________
MTHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 02:16 PM   #90
Senior Member
 
Cason61's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
Posts: 628
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHook View Post
I was beginning to think I had the only Windsport. We got a 2015 34E a couple weeks ago, haven't used it because I've been going over the coach fixing the title things that nobody looked for or saw. Like fender skirts loose from body panel, missing front bracket on the frt cap, zip tying wires to keep them for flapping, Looking for opening for our mice and bugs. Installing an ems system clean up...you know the drill.
Wife hasn't retired yet so it gives me some time to fix all the things I've found.
Next stop will be Jerrys Hurricane mods page to see what I'm missing.
We when from a 25 class C 30 years ago to this monster, my have things changed over the years electric ignition on most everything power jacks, TVs everywhere, cameras, just wow!
Thanks for the info I'm seeing on these pages, learning a lot
I got tired of the middle sliding door to the back room coming off the track, so I took both of them out. Then I took out the extra wall keeping me from getting to the bedroom. Put a 2 x 4 there and peeled the wall paper off the old stuff to fit a flat wall there. Only me and wife in the RV x so it don't matter. Added a fold up counter to the Kitchen counter. Added a pop up 3 outlet plug to the table, just had to cut the hole next to the other ones. Will probubly add a tile back splash to the sink later and a digital thermometer.
__________________
Cason61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 02:30 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
Posts: 295
THOR #13360
Carson, can you send pictures? What model do you have. The E has the rear bath and a 1/2 bath next to the kitchen mid ship ( door, kitchen, 1/2 bath, bedroom, bath)

The fold up counter space sounds good.

It's just to two of us too.

My wife is already asking about more 110 outlets in the kitchen area. We do a lot with an electric fry pan, toaster oven blender etc.
__________________
MTHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 03:01 PM   #92
Senior Member
 
Cason61's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
Posts: 628
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHook View Post
Carson, can you send pictures? What model do you have. The E has the rear bath and a 1/2 bath next to the kitchen mid ship ( door, kitchen, 1/2 bath, bedroom, bath)

The fold up counter space sounds good.

It's just to two of us too.

My wife is already asking about more 110 outlets in the kitchen area. We do a lot with an electric fry pan, toaster oven blender etc.
Ok, got a 34f. Give me a day or two. The wall sticking out in the entrance was about 6 inches and I hated it cause I'm not skinny enough to get in the bed without putting the slideout. So I just took it out completely with the slide. The outlet plug, is a 'pop up' 3 outlet plug (3 inch diameter) and is plugged into the outlet under the rear seat at the table. Get that at an RV store. Oh yeah, overhead of the kitchen sink I put another 4 pin outlet there and zip tied the cord to make it smaller. Also I found that the door to the bathroom had a lever, well in a place that was not good. If the slideout is in, it is hard to get in the bathroom and if you manage to, it catches on a belt loop going out. So I just took the handle off and rubber band the door shut with the posts higher up.
__________________
Cason61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 12:22 AM   #93
Senior Member
 
Cason61's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
Posts: 628
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cason61 View Post
Ok, got a 34f. Give me a day or two. The wall sticking out in the entrance was about 6 inches and I hated it cause I'm not skinny enough to get in the bed without putting the slideout. So I just took it out completely with the slide. The outlet plug, is a 'pop up' 3 outlet plug (3 inch diameter) and is plugged into the outlet under the rear seat at the table. Get that at an RV store. Oh yeah, overhead of the kitchen sink I put another 4 pin outlet there and zip tied the cord to make it smaller. Also I found that the door to the bathroom had a lever, well in a place that was not good. If the slideout is in, it is hard to get in the bathroom and if you manage to, it catches on a belt loop going out. So I just took the handle off and rubber band the door shut with the posts higher up.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180630_123341.jpeg
Views:	69
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	13685 OK That wall sticking out is gone along with the sliding doors. I just sawed it level with the wall that is there, stuck a 24 in there and pealed back the wall paper and glued it to the new wall. Mostly it's level.
__________________
Cason61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 02:39 AM   #94
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
Posts: 295
THOR #13360
Mods

Looks great!
__________________
MTHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 08:54 PM   #95
Senior Member
 
Cason61's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
Posts: 628
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cason61 View Post
Ok, got a 34f. Give me a day or two. The wall sticking out in the entrance was about 6 inches and I hated it cause I'm not skinny enough to get in the bed without putting the slideout. So I just took it out completely with the slide. The outlet plug, is a 'pop up' 3 outlet plug (3 inch diameter) and is plugged into the outlet under the rear seat at the table. Get that at an RV store. Oh yeah, overhead of the kitchen sink I put another 4 pin outlet there and zip tied the cord to make it smaller. Also I found that the door to the bathroom had a lever, well in a place that was not good. If the slideout is in, it is hard to get in the bathroom and if you manage to, it catches on a belt loop going out. So I just took the handle off and rubber band the door shut with the posts higher up.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181030_125856.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	13738Click image for larger version

Name:	20181030_125729.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	13739Click image for larger version

Name:	20181030_125700.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	13740Click image for larger version

Name:	20181030_123418.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	13741Click image for larger version

Name:	20181030_123400.jpeg
Views:	72
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	13742 Ok, I finally got off my duff and got out to my RV, these are the pictures. The foldable extension to the counter top shows 2 pics, 1 folded and 1 extended. I cut up an old broom handle for the rod under for holding it up. Then for more power in the kitchen, I added a power extension for 4 outlets above the kitchen there and velcroed the cord end over end to make it smaller, then i stuffed it in there. This is for the coffee maker, toaster, pancake griddle and nite lite if we want to use all of them there. The 'Pop up' plug you see on the table is for more power there and the extension cord is just the right length for plugging in under one of the chair outlets there. Ok I found the diameter of the hole and drilled in the table myself and nailed the cord in place below with cable stays. We had problems with the sliding door to the bedroom door not staying in place, so I took it all out, put a 2 x 4 in there and covered it with the same wall paper. Maybe not perfect but it's my RV. I also had the Burr Handi lift installed. I installed a drawbridge on it and a fold over step for the last step before the landing. The handi lift is slow to operate and if it is possible, I'd rather have pneumatic steps there instead. If you want a picture I can send that as well. The biggest problem I have with the handi lift is that it's slow. A minor problem was they don't honor the warranty work either but that's another story.Click image for larger version

Name:	20181030_125700.jpeg
Views:	71
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	13740
__________________
Cason61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:09 PM   #96
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
Posts: 295
THOR #13360
Those look great, be careful with the power strip they don't handle high load appliances they are made for computers and light draw stuff. Check the amp rating so you don't have a fire
Thanks for the ideas.
I've been working on installing a EMS system. The big problem is no space. I'm putting it next to the transfer box under the bed next to the water tank.
My old back and hands don't like bending 8 gauge wires and shoving them into brackets.
Thanks for the pictures.
Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up...
__________________
MTHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 01:27 AM   #97
Senior Member
 
BandG's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Pennsylvania
Posts: 218
THOR #10254
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTHook View Post
Those look great, be careful with the power strip they don't handle high load appliances they are made for computers and light draw stuff. Check the amp rating so you don't have a fire
Thanks for the ideas.
I've been working on installing a EMS system. The big problem is no space. I'm putting it next to the transfer box under the bed next to the water tank.
My old back and hands don't like bending 8 gauge wires and shoving them into brackets.
Thanks for the pictures.
Keep the rubber side down and the shiny side up...
when I hard wired my EMS, I had to use 6 gauge...that stuff was a bear to work with in a tight space!
__________________
Bryce, Gracia & Shadow (4 yr old mini-Daschund mix)
US Army vet- 82nd Airborne Div
BandG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 01:39 AM   #98
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34E
State: North Carolina
Posts: 295
THOR #13360
I have decided to mount the transferbox and themes box on some ply wood then I can bolt the plywood in place otherwise I can't get to them to attach them to the wall.
I've got about ten pounds of flour in a two pound bag
__________________
MTHook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 03:57 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
Posts: 244
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoC41 View Post
Hello from Lubbock Texas,

We are looking real hard at the 29M! Can you tell me your opinion on this model so far?

It's a perfect choice for my wife and I!!!
__________________
knucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 04:03 PM   #100
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
Posts: 244
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidabailey View Post
We purchased our 29M Feb of this year and have put 4500 miles on it. About half of it, pulling a Malibu on a tow dolly. It has been surprising good on gas. Overall, we are averaging 13.4 MPG. We had a 31' ArticFox TT that we pulled with a 2500 (8.1) Avalanche and averaged 8.5 MPG. I only was hoping to get close to 10 MPG with the Windsport. So we are real pleased with our purchase.

So far our worst problem were the kitchen sink not draining, the drivers seat almost falling over and the passenger side wiper hanging up. All were fixed by the dealer (General RV in Tampa).

Waiting on a new radio now - wife fell when I stopped and broke the radio.

Am researching TPMS's now to purchase before our next big trip towing the car.

Anyone done any mods on theirs?

Hope everyone is enjoying their 29M's as much as we are.
Wish I knew what your doing to that that kind of mileage. I got a Scan Guage and figured out I get the best mileage at 63 MPH. Still 10 MPG is the best I can do???? Any suggestions. Bob & Wendy Trice
__________________

__________________
knucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 04:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×