Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-08-2021, 11:15 AM   #21
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
This might take some time. Expect Thor to deny a warranty claim. They will say the vehicle was damaged after it left the factory and the warranty does not cover damage due to misuse or neglect. This is going to come down to the dealer or owner.

With the damage that is visible what kind of damage is not visible?

Old 06-08-2021, 11:28 AM   #22

State: California
THOR #23285
welcome to the forum, i know dealership (live right by it) im sure they will handle you issue and others you might have . Enjoy your beautiful new coach and go adventure !! keep us posted on your progress with your issue ,takecare !!!
Old 06-08-2021, 12:47 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
Welcome to the forum and sorry you are starting off with an issue like that one. The dealership can fix it and hopefully that is all that you find. While you have it, make sure everything else is in working order. If not, write down a list to have any and all of them done at the same time.

Paul
Old 06-09-2021, 03:21 AM   #24

State: Washington
THOR #6433
It makes you wonder how that wasn’t fixed immediately upon delivery. I mean someone had to drive that coach 1k miles or more to the dealership
Old 06-09-2021, 01:37 PM   #25
Site Team

THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
It makes you wonder how that wasn’t fixed immediately upon delivery. I mean someone had to drive that coach 1k miles or more to the dealership
Dealer's people might have caused the damage putting fuel in the rig.

You are making an assumption that it came from Thor that way.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 02:01 PM   #26

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #16876
Sorry to hear about your experience. To tell you the truth, this is nothing new so, don't feel too bad. I am sure that there was nothing personal on the part of your dealer. This is how their business model works.

The very best way to deal with it is to sit and make a list of issues you have. Take your time, go through everything and when you are done, make a service appointment stating warranty issues.

When the time comes take the RV and your list back to the dealership and go through every item in detail, showing and explaining your concern to your service advisor. You do not need to take pictures, it is their job to document it and price it for warranty.

You are under warranty for some time to come. Do not sweat it, take your time, keep your cool and play the game the way they expect it to be played but most of all, stick to your guns. Once they say your item is a problem, don't let it go until you are satisfied it is resolved.

The whole experience should be around courtesy, detail and patience. If you find the work is not being done adequately, call Thor and ask them for a different dealer, they will locate one for you.

Be prepared, this will take time.

Good luck!
NG7V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 06:26 PM   #27
dlt

THOR #23753
There are more than 2k miles on it. And right before I received the RV, they drove it out to pump gas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
Old 06-09-2021, 06:32 PM   #28

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlt View Post
There are more than 2k miles on it. And right before I received the RV, they drove it out to pump gas.
Hey,
Thanks for sticking with us while we guess.
Some people are so thin-skinned we never get a chance to 'break them in' nor get enough answers from them to actually help.

You'll fit in just fine here.
Keep us involved.
Keep us apprised of any excuses the dealer gives you(so we can, due to experience, help you Beat.Their.Ass if it comes down to it.)
Old 06-09-2021, 06:40 PM   #29
dlt

THOR #23753
If I came here earlier, I would carefully inspect the RV at the time I got it. We didn't just because we trusted them. Also we never saw any issues when we buy new cars from the dealer. When we buy used cars from private party, we were always told any existing problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
Hey,
Thanks for sticking with us while we guess.
Some people are so thin-skinned we never get a chance to 'break them in' nor get enough answers from them to actually help.

You'll fit in just fine here.
Keep us involved.
Keep us apprised of any excuses the dealer gives you(so we can, due to experience, help you Beat.Their.Ass if it comes down to it.)
Old 06-09-2021, 06:54 PM   #30
dlt

THOR #23753
Service manager of that dealer emailed me back. They asked me to drive back to them (250 miles away), so they can uninstall the fuel spout and reinstall it.

My question is, do I have to drive back to them? Or what is the benefit to drive over?

I did make an appointment with local dealer's service department like 20 or 30 miles away at the end of July. We did find some other issues, we are thinking to repair them together after our trip at the end of this month.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NG7V View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience. To tell you the truth, this is nothing new so, don't feel too bad. I am sure that there was nothing personal on the part of your dealer. This is how their business model works.

The very best way to deal with it is to sit and make a list of issues you have. Take your time, go through everything and when you are done, make a service appointment stating warranty issues.

When the time comes take the RV and your list back to the dealership and go through every item in detail, showing and explaining your concern to your service advisor. You do not need to take pictures, it is their job to document it and price it for warranty.

You are under warranty for some time to come. Do not sweat it, take your time, keep your cool and play the game the way they expect it to be played but most of all, stick to your guns. Once they say your item is a problem, don't let it go until you are satisfied it is resolved.

The whole experience should be around courtesy, detail and patience. If you find the work is not being done adequately, call Thor and ask them for a different dealer, they will locate one for you.

Be prepared, this will take time.

Good luck!
Old 06-09-2021, 07:21 PM   #31
Site Team

THOR #1469
If it is dealer damage Thor will not pay for the repairs and the selling dealer may have to pay the cost. Your local dealer may pass that cost on to you if Thor denies the warranty claim.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:41 PM   #32
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Service manager of that dealer emailed me back. They asked me to drive back to them (250 miles away), so they can uninstall the fuel spout and reinstall it.

My question is, do I have to drive back to them? Or what is the benefit to drive over?

I did make an appointment with local dealer's service department like 20 or 30 miles away at the end of July. We did find some other issues, we are thinking to repair them together after our trip at the end of this month.

Thanks.
Ask them if they will reimburse you for the 500 mile round trip at the current federal mileage rate (55 cents per mile? Not sure what it is nowadays).
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 07:48 PM   #33

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #16876
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
If it is dealer damage Thor will not pay for the repairs and the selling dealer may have to pay the cost. Your local dealer may pass that cost on to you if Thor denies the warranty claim.
True. I would then solicit help from Thor's customer service department to put the pressure on the dealer. Cheating customers is bad for business. Thor understands that.

Be sure that the employee that you work with isn't the one that created the issue. Work through the finance guy if you have to.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:49 PM   #34
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Will the selling dealer complete the repairs in a shorter time-frame; than the local dealer?
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 08:45 PM   #35

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
If I came here earlier, I would carefully inspect the RV at the time I got it.

True Dat, I was on this site about year before I finally closed on an RV. I was embarrassed as a newbie because twice I came on this site boasting I had a bought a new Thor RV and twice I had to walk away due to PDI issues, call it tough love because it was very hard to walk away from a new shiny toy with check in hand. I am 100% certain the dealer found someone to buy the EXACT RVs I walked away from, but that is not my concern nor my problem

We didn't just because we trusted them.
Also we never saw any issues when we buy new cars from the dealer. When we buy used cars from private party, we were always told any existing problems.

I spent 2 years before I finally found our RV, I must have have made 50 trips with no less than 15 dealers. NOT ONE did as you say, in fact 2/3rds of the time they had a ready made response for anything that I brought up as an issue with the RV we were looking at. I don't trust
ANY dealer or Salesman in the context you state

Quote:

Thanks.
I bought from a Dealer in Florida and live in Dallas. We found an issue with Dealer missed in PDI, my selling dealer allowed me to get a quote from a local Dealer to approve , and when I sent actual invoice my selling dealer reimbursed me It is worth a shot. With that 250 miles is not as bad as it could be if you can't work it otherwise. Just schedule on your on time.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:59 PM   #36
dlt

THOR #23753
I did not see the other damage from outside. That looks like manufacture issue. But will double check the local dealer before they repair it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Old 06-09-2021, 11:00 PM   #37
dlt

THOR #23753
Have not mentioned this cost. Maybe I can raise this issue in the follow up emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Ask them if they will reimburse you for the 500 mile round trip at the current federal mileage rate (55 cents per mile? Not sure what it is nowadays).
Old 06-09-2021, 11:06 PM   #38
dlt

THOR #23753
They did not say when they can repair it, I guess maybe they could do it earlier.

But we have the trip later this month, and I have another warranty repair with Chevy later this week, (The dashboard display service stabilitrak and steering wheel off some degrees), I don't want to do this fix before this trip. I am afraid the fix may cause new issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Will the selling dealer complete the repairs in a shorter time-frame; than the local dealer?

Tags
dealer, manufacture problem