Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-26-2022, 10:49 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Delaware
THOR #10891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmadsen View Post
We have a 2021 Thor outlaw that has a leak at the bottom rear corner of the passenger window. We have been trying to indentify where it is coming from but it only leaks a lot when it rains. When we spray water on the suspected area it will not leak. We think it is possible that one or more of the weep holes may be plugged. We have also used a bubble dropper to put water in specific spots with no luck on getting it to leak. Just searching for ideas or if anyone else has encountered a problem like this.
Sounds like plugged weep holes to me. From the outside, probe the underside of the window with a straighened out paper clip (or similar instrument). My Thor has four weep holes per window.

Once located, run the paper clip into the holes repeatedly. Upon completion, test the window by pouring a small amount of water into the track of the window from the inside. If clear, the water should drain from the track rather quickly; if not, repeat.

It is amazing how much water will come through the window in a heavy rain when the weep holes a plugged. I’ve gone through several large towels trying to stem the tide in a heavy thunderstorm. Good luck.

Old 02-26-2022, 01:38 PM   #22

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
It sounds to me as though the intrusion begins somewhere higher up, finds its way down a wire or structural piece, and escapes at the window. I’d start your search up on top.
Old 05-14-2022, 06:47 PM   #23

State: Oregon
THOR #23724
Window leaks

We have a 2021 Thor Outlaw and have had both the passenger and drivers side windows leak water. We think they have finally been fixed. My question is have any of you that either have the Outlaw or a Thor class A coach had this problem with your windows leaking. Just curious or am I the only one that got a coach with this problem. Thanks
Old 05-15-2022, 08:28 PM   #24

Model: Four Winds
State: California
THOR #24260
I believe Judge owned one once. Try pming him.
Terry
Semper Fi
Pillbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 10:14 PM   #25

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
I have a Hurricane and had a leak on the drivers side front window and one that came in at the passengers foot area. They both turned out to be from failing lap sealant on the roof. Both were easy to fix but took a while to find the origins.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2022, 10:40 PM   #26

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Mine had water intrusion that looked like the windows. Turned out to be satellite antenna and the cab marker lights. The antenna is magnetically attached to a steel plate. Lift it up and you’ll see water. My cab lights had become hardened and didn’t seal. Water follows the wires to the low point in the wall by the windows.
Old 03-03-2023, 02:59 AM   #27

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #29144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmadsen View Post
We have a 2021 Thor outlaw that has a leak at the bottom rear corner of the passenger window. We have been trying to indentify where it is coming from but it only leaks a lot when it rains. When we spray water on the suspected area it will not leak. We think it is possible that one or more of the weep holes may be plugged. We have also used a bubble dropper to put water in specific spots with no luck on getting it to leak. Just searching for ideas or if anyone else has encountered a problem like this.
Lmadsen, we have same window leak in our 2017 Class A Outlaw. I first noticed it in July when AC was on and we were traveling. Water was traveling down rain drip channel and coming in window. After that rain followed same path. I caulked the window and all areas nearby like were roof met side panel etc. still leaked. I then installed a temporary rain channel extension to direct rain about 4 " away from RV and sealed entire window with plastic. This seemed to have stopped the water entry since fall. Unsure how to properly stop the water.What fix did you take ?