Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-15-2022, 10:38 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #23724
Leaking passenger window

We have a 2021 Thor outlaw that has a leak at the bottom rear corner of the passenger window. We have been trying to indentify where it is coming from but it only leaks a lot when it rains. When we spray water on the suspected area it will not leak. We think it is possible that one or more of the weep holes may be plugged. We have also used a bubble dropper to put water in specific spots with no luck on getting it to leak. Just searching for ideas or if anyone else has encountered a problem like this.

Old 02-15-2022, 10:55 PM   #2

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Do you think the water is just going around that cheap rubber gasket they call a window track?
Old 02-16-2022, 12:30 AM   #3

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Check your clearance lights. My rubber gaskets hardened and let water leak down the wiring. Where is your SiriusXM satellite antenna? A magnetic attachment is not waterproof.
Old 02-16-2022, 03:45 AM   #4

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
I had a leak on my Hurricane that was showing up on the floor in front of the passenger seat. It turned out to be a bit of faulty caulking where the front cap is sealed to the roof on the passengers side. Evidence of a leak don't always show up near the actual source of the leak.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 04:31 AM   #5

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
I had a leak on my Hurricane that was showing up on the floor in front of the passenger seat. It turned out to be a bit of faulty caulking where the front cap is sealed to the roof on the passengers side. Evidence of a leak don't always show up near the actual source of the leak.
Yep had the same issue. After pulling the window, replacing the gasket and caulking the passenger window like it was the bathtub, we discovered cracked Dicor at the front cap on the passenger side.
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 04:34 AM   #6

Model: Axis 25.4
State: California
THOR #6582
Ditto front cap seam curb side.
Hellwig sway bars F&R, 235/85 Hankook ATM, alignment...HUGE!!!
Battery watering, 260watts Solar and BigFeets to make life easier.
gnach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 12:02 AM   #7

Model: Four Winds
State: California
THOR #24260
Jimbo, i got it from the marker lights also.
Semper Fi
Pillbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 01:02 AM   #8

State: Washington
THOR #26024
Angry stabilizing jacks on a 2022 Compass 23TW

Apologies in advance. I can't find where to start a new thread, so I'm hoping some will be kind enough to correctly redirect this post.
We are on our first trip in our new MH and yesterday I discovered there were only rear stabilizing jacks. The brochure states "stabilizing jack system" which I interpreted as from and rear. In any event, this situation is very poor. We deployed the rear jacks before extending the 3 ft slide and the cantilevered slide weight overwhelms the suspension and puts approximately 3 inches out of level.
Question: does anybody know if Compasses used to have front and rear jacks? I ask that because we are also without a rear ladder. The dealer's manager said she was unaware but went back through her emails and discovered they were short of ladders and were deleting them in exchange for a whopping $100 reaction in the invoice.
Thanks in advance
Dick Skeers
Old 02-19-2022, 01:14 AM   #9

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Skeers View Post
Apologies in advance. I can't find where to start a new thread, so I'm hoping some will be kind enough to correctly redirect this post.
We are on our first trip in our new MH and yesterday I discovered there were only rear stabilizing jacks. The brochure states "stabilizing jack system" which I interpreted as from and rear. In any event, this situation is very poor. We deployed the rear jacks before extending the 3 ft slide and the cantilevered slide weight overwhelms the suspension and puts approximately 3 inches out of level.
Question: does anybody know if Compasses used to have front and rear jacks? I ask that because we are also without a rear ladder. The dealer's manager said she was unaware but went back through her emails and discovered they were short of ladders and were deleting them in exchange for a whopping $100 reaction in the invoice.
Thanks in advance
Dick Skeers
Funny from what I see in the specs it says front and rear automatic leveling jacks
Old 02-19-2022, 12:32 PM   #10

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Skeers View Post

Thanks in advance

Dick Skeers
What app and platform and we can tell you how to create a new topic?
Old 02-19-2022, 07:09 PM   #11

THOR #26024
Apps

Sorry but I am confused:
I am using an Apple 12 phone
Old 02-19-2022, 07:35 PM   #12

THOR #26024
and an Acer Chromebook
Old 02-19-2022, 07:36 PM   #13

THOR #20274
If you go to the top of the page and you see the Tab, Forum click on that, you will see all the different forums. Click on any one and you will see a brown rectangle that says start new thread. You can go to the top and there is a tab that says new posts. Click on that you will see posts about everything, like leaky window on the far right it says maintenance and repair, if you want to ask a question in maintenance and repair click on that and on the left side you will see start new thread, click on it and ask your question
Old 02-19-2022, 08:11 PM   #14

THOR #10876
I would replace the seal not that expensive and something you can do yourself. I repaired my truck camper window that was leaking.
Old 02-23-2022, 07:12 PM   #15

State: New York
THOR #21937
I (think I) just fixed a similar issue on a different window. (I say think because I've only had one really heavy rain since making the last repair but so far the wall has stayed dry.) The window near my mid-coach dining area was leaking during heavy rains. I spent SIX MONTHS chasing that leak down. Here are the things I tried:
  1. Cleaned all around the window tracks and inside seals
  2. Caulked the living daylights around the outside of the frame
  3. Installed a mini rain gutter directly above the window
  4. Caulked the seam where the roof transitions to side wall

In the end, I discovered rain was getting in around the skylight over the bathroom shower. This is nearly four feet away from the closest point on the window in question and almost ten feet from where the water actually appeared inside the coach.

I found it entirely by accident while doing other maintenance.

Water travels.
JeffThor325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 07:48 PM   #16

Model: Aria 3601
State: Alberta
THOR #11317
I had a similar situation on my 2017 Thor Aria. I removed the passenger window, recaulked, and reinstalled, but still had same leak dribbling from along the bottom inside of window frame. Turns out a wire for the powered door awning just above the window frame, and water was flowing along the wire through a poorly caulked penetration through the wall, and dribbling through the inner and outer walls along the window frame, and exited at the bottom of inner frame.
Marcnobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 08:00 PM   #17

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #13946
Thor has the worst seals around compartments, if you don't fix it you will be reinforcing all you compartments. Bottoms will fall out. Partita board, rotten, 2018, I lost my fresh water tank in Transit
Old 02-23-2022, 10:48 PM   #18

Model: ARIA 3601
State: New York
THOR #25534
2017 Aria had a lot of water coming in that side window, a hole was mis drilled but not caulked, it was under trim by the roof line, once caulked, no more water. Best of luck running this issue down.
Old 02-24-2022, 11:50 AM   #19

State: Florida
THOR #16698
$4000.00

Our window leak cost $4000 to fix and was caused due to short factory work. Then I found another window leaking but that one I fixed myself.
Old 02-24-2022, 05:18 PM   #20

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Georgia
THOR #18370
Ah Yes... the "Leaking Passenger window"!!
I've read postings about so many of these problems and can add mine to the list as well! During a heavy rain I'll soak-up 3-4 bath towels of water and have puddles on the floor at the passenger seat. What does Thor say? Not Much! Good Luck finding the problem! I've had several different Tech check it out, but no success!! Mine hasn't leaked lately so I quit worrying about it, however I'm certain that the wall between the outside and the inside is saturated and will fall apart one day!