Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-24-2016, 10:07 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger
State: Florida
THOR #3118
I think I read some where that they are not recommended as you don't need as much laundry soap as a full size washer. I use 1/4 cup HE Gain liquid, seems to do good with that. Your manual will tell you how much to use.

DEimerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 01:44 AM   #22

Model: Challenger 37KT
State: Ohio
THOR #4090
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHoraist View Post
Another question...do any of you use the detergent "pods" in your washer/dryer combo? We're getting the 2100 XC installed tomorrow and we normally use the pods in commercial machines for convenience.
We use the Tide Pods in our combo unit and haven't had any problems
Old 06-25-2016, 12:15 PM   #23

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
I believe the pods are NOT recommended. We use the liquid detergent and softener, no problems. REMEMBER the drain hose positioning.
Old 07-19-2016, 03:25 PM   #24

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #4486
2100XC install experience on 37TB

bigben - You mentioned this in your post:
"Take a page from our book also, make sure that the drain hose is even with the back edge of the W/D. If it gets lower, the W/D keeps fill and emptying. It eventually does wash but takes about 4 hours."
Not sure I understand exactly what you mean here. I just installed a 2100XC in my 37TB and ended up moving the hot/cold valves and electrical outlet to the center closet for easier access to shutting off the water and electricity. I left the drain where it was and added about 7 inches of PVC to the drain so it could be reached once the W/D was installed. I secured the W/D drain to the PVC drain without cutting the W/D drain hose, left it the original length. Do you see a potential issue here?
The dryer vent I also routed over to the center closet so I can poke a hole in the fiberglass wall so it penetrates thru a solid black color on the outside of the slider. The outside vent cover will be painted black so it blends in nicely with the outside color scheme.
2015 Ford Taurus toad
schreinertms is offline   Reply With Quote