Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2021, 12:39 PM   #21
CHS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Have a (2 year old) Axxera and so far no issues. I would like a smart tv though but for now I use a Roku stick. Reason I use Roku is that I use Spectrum (Charter) streaming service at home and I can download an app to watch it anywhere I have internet service. The App is NOT available on the Amazon Fire stick. I like the Roku better anyway.
I just got rid of Dish at home and in the RV. Price went up and found so many times trees kept me from being able to get a signal anyway. Also I found us not watching the WOKE tv programs anymore, so why pay for it. I like the streaming service. No box. just like cable, but through the internet. Only 45.00 a month.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:16 PM   #22

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
Have a (2 year old) Axxera and so far no issues. I would like a smart tv though but for now I use a Roku stick. Reason I use Roku is that I use Spectrum (Charter) streaming service at home and I can download an app to watch it anywhere I have internet service. The App is NOT available on the Amazon Fire stick. I like the Roku better anyway.
I just got rid of Dish at home and in the RV. Price went up and found so many times trees kept me from being able to get a signal anyway. Also I found us not watching the WOKE tv programs anymore, so why pay for it. I like the streaming service. No box. just like cable, but through the internet. Only 45.00 a month.
Any app you can install on an Android mobile device can also be installed on Fire Stick. You just need to enable the "unknown sources" in settings.

I do some limited app development, and I have several of my own simple apps I've created loaded on Fire Sticks in our home which do different functions. I'm an old fart in my late 60s, so don't let the technology scare you. I rarely if ever watch "network" TV... I like to choose from the thousands of choices when connected to the internet.

I'm not going to post a tutorial here, but you can search for "sideloading apps on Fire Stick" and you'll get no fewer that 3 different methods... all which are simple and safe.
Old 12-07-2021, 06:22 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
We like the 3 LG TVs that we have in our rig...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 12:36 AM   #24

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Any app you can install on an Android mobile device can also be installed on Fire Stick. You just need to enable the "unknown sources" in settings.

I do some limited app development, and I have several of my own simple apps I've created loaded on Fire Sticks in our home which do different functions. I'm an old fart in my late 60s, so don't let the technology scare you. I rarely if ever watch "network" TV... I like to choose from the thousands of choices when connected to the internet.

I'm not going to post a tutorial here, but you can search for "sideloading apps on Fire Stick" and you'll get no fewer that 3 different methods... all which are simple and safe.
So you should have been CNoldman and I should have been Sunstar_Nomad

I really miscalculated how people on a RV site would interpret a user name of dkoldman I need a redo to make it dcoleman; but it is too late; I am gonna be dk or oldman forever

I always come up with great ideas for simple apps, but never ever know how to go about getting one developed, they seem hard to make money off but kind of cool t have
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:30 PM   #25

Model: Forest River 2400R MBS
State: Missouri
THOR #13744
Had three Axxera TVs in our last RV and three of them in our current RV, never had a problem.
I guess the only gripe I have is that they are dumb TVs but I fixed that with a smart Blueray player and Dish satellite system.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:54 PM   #26

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Axxera cheap speakers!
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:58 PM   #27

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
Axxera cheap speakers!
We put in a Bose sound bar and it's great
Old 12-09-2021, 01:03 AM   #28

State: Missouri
THOR #19360
Axxera

I wouldn't buy an Axxera anything.

Alajeu
Old 12-09-2021, 02:04 AM   #29

THOR #16721
It's just part of the "kit" you bought. Now you get to throw it away and replace it with something that actually works!
Old 12-09-2021, 09:11 AM   #30

State: New York
THOR #18343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip500 View Post
I’ve had the remote just quit working but not the tv.
Wish I had a remote? I’ve searched high and low and can’t even find one!!
Old 12-09-2021, 10:13 AM   #31

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msdpok View Post
Now you have an excuse to ask Santa for a new TV or 3 for Christmas.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 02:43 PM   #32
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msdpok View Post
Did you buy your RV used?

Universal remotes are available on Amazon for about $6 each.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 03:43 PM   #33

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
It's just part of the "kit" you bought. Now you get to throw it away and replace it with something that actually works!
That's the idea. What really works for YOU.

This is what is going in our rv the moment the Thor provided $65 microwave quits working.
You all'd be really pissed if Thor had jammed a $2,000 microwave down your throat.
Added it to the base price. No choice.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Over-the...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Thor didn't. You have a choice. They gave you the choice.

And we'll replace the axxera with another $99 tv if the need.
https://www.amazon.com/LG-32UL950-W-...98222851&psc=1
You all wouldn't have paid for these tv's as Thor standard equipment. But you can now. And because THOR used low line tv's, it's only a $99 exchange/loss decision IF you don't gift/utilize/donate the working axxera tv. It's a no cost decision if you do gift/utilize/donate. So, no cost for a loaner tv which might not need upgraded AT YOUR CHOICE.

My axxera tv's are fine for us. No problems.
The axxera head unit did nothing of value for us. It went away. Easy. No whine.

If we get whiny, we'll cure the whine by replacing things until we quit whining.
It's a life choice. We choose us.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 10:53 PM   #34

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
Did you buy your RV used?

Universal remotes are available on Amazon for about $6 each.
Axxera has no pairing code.
Old 12-09-2021, 11:15 PM   #35

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Axxera has no pairing code.
0000 or 1234
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 11:17 PM   #36

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...ctv-19153.html

This took me 6 seconds to find with a google search.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 03:10 AM   #37

THOR #16721
Another option I'll toss in...

I've been thinking about installing a 32" TV in the provided bedroom "wall slot". To avoid installing/using an inverter, I gravitated toward a 12 volt DC TV, but they're at a premium over typical 120 volt AC TVs. I also don't want to run the genny for "evening TV time".

So... I figured out a MUCH easier way... a mini projector and retractable wall mount screen. There's a TON of options for 1080p projectors... some even rechargeable. The projectors typically handle both WiFi and Bluetooth - some even have an HDMI port, so streaming from phone or internet is possible.

The most attractive part is this setup is relatively cheap, and installation looks like a breeze. Anyone else tried this option??
Old 12-10-2021, 03:32 AM   #38

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
That's the idea. What really works for YOU.

This is what is going in our rv the moment the Thor provided $65 microwave quits working.
You all'd be really pissed if Thor had jammed a $2,000 microwave down your throat.
Added it to the base price. No choice.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/GE-Over-the...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
Thor didn't. You have a choice. They gave you the choice.

And we'll replace the axxera with another $99 tv if the need.
https://www.amazon.com/LG-32UL950-W-...98222851&psc=1
You all wouldn't have paid for these tv's as Thor standard equipment. But you can now. And because THOR used low line tv's, it's only a $99 exchange/loss decision IF you don't gift/utilize/donate the working axxera tv. It's a no cost decision if you do gift/utilize/donate. So, no cost for a loaner tv which might not need upgraded AT YOUR CHOICE.

My axxera tv's are fine for us. No problems.
The axxera head unit did nothing of value for us. It went away. Easy. No whine.

If we get whiny, we'll cure the whine by replacing things until we quit whining.
It's a life choice. We choose us.
I agree in principle but I don't know about the $2,000 popcorn popper? I need a dedicated popcorn button to push, and it looks like you would have to remove a shelf for the popcorn bag to fill.

But you are so right about how the Mfg deliver the RVs. I feel we were very fortunate if not just outright lucky. I just crossed over toward my year 3 so that means I have another $1,500 to just buy stuff for the RV. The $1,500 coming from the per year saving I have had from NOT buying extending warranty.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 12-10-2021, 03:44 AM   #39

THOR #13058
Quote:
Another option I'll toss in...

I've been thinking about installing a 32" TV in the provided bedroom "wall slot". To avoid installing/using an inverter, I gravitated toward a 12 volt DC TV, but they're at a premium over typical 120 volt AC TVs. I also don't want to run the genny for "evening TV time".

So... I figured out a MUCH easier way... a mini projector and retractable wall mount screen. There's a TON of options for 1080p projectors... some even rechargeable. The projectors typically handle both WiFi and Bluetooth - some even have an HDMI port, so streaming from phone or internet is possible.

The most attractive part is this setup is relatively cheap, and installation looks like a breeze. Anyone else tried this option??
Have you consider going with Solar I would throw up 3 or 4 of those panels and get a heavy duty solar controller so you can run that TV 24/7. Some of the panels even work when cloudy and possibly at night if the moon is bright enough

Your setup confuses me though. Are you saying the existing 120AC outlet for the TV in the wall is NOT on an existing Inverter circuit?

If you had a 12vDC TV do you have a 12vDC plug behind TV?

I like the idea about Portable Projector but not necessarily for MBR TV. I carry an older one that I will use on occasion connected to my laptop. We don't carry a projector screen, but you would be surprise how easy it is to display on a wall. We use when visiting and mainly outside at night. We run extension cords.

You are 2nd person to suggest, but I can't ever recall running the genny to watch TV?
Old 12-10-2021, 04:04 AM   #40

THOR #16721
No inverter in coach. There's 120 volts at the TV mount location, but requires shore power or generator. The screens are cheap, and I don't relish tacking a white sheet up to the wall. Those DC projectors draw very few amps, especially when you go direct, and not converting DC to AC with an inverter, then converting it back to DC...

12 volts is readily available to tap into just about anywhere in the coach - which makes for a neat install. My plan is to mount on the bottom of the cabinets over the head of the bed.