Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Thor Motorhome General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-13-2022, 12:09 AM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34E Hurricane
State: Michigan
THOR #25490
Owning a motor home, like a new home, will require some repair when things are noted. Our brand new home (house) had to have the carpet ripped out because the idiot installer used defective padding (and he knew it was defective). Plus we had other issues that we all taken care of over time, the builder made good on it all.

We just took possession of a 2015 Thor last fall and it had a list of items that the dealer was notified to fix. And they are making good on it (appointment early April)- so that is good. As for a brand new motor home, it does not surprise me that things will need attention. Just get a list going and work with the dealer. As for wiring levelers backward, and screws not installed correctly, and the like, is normal until you get the bugs out.

I just reinstalled my Axxera radio to attempt to fix the CD player (really to get my favorite CCR CD out of it!) and found issues with under dash wiring install, and the underdash wiring harness was trapped between the engine cover and floor (which explains why the radio harness wires were too short - go figure). And some crimp connectors were not properly crimped and when I touched it, guess what, the wires came out of the crimp connector. Oh well, not a big deal. Plus, I kept the Axxera and bought a nice little CD player that will sit on engine cover and plug into radio - problem solved and I saved a few bucks as well. Again - no big deal.

Anyways, camping, and owning a motor home or travel trailer, is an adventure, enjoy the fun at the campground, the traveling, The time together and don't sweat the small stuff, since it can be corrected. Work with the dealer to get the list down, and expect to find things here and there.

Haver fun fellow camper! We are headed to Turkeyville in May, can't wait!!!

Old 03-13-2022, 10:43 AM   #62
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
I hate threads like this one. Someone buys a new Thor and has problems with the quality of the build. They post to this forum to maybe get some help or at least some commiseration. But no, the members of this forum blame the new owner for not understanding that they are supposed to accept Thor's lack of quality, suck it up and just mover on. They are told that after a purchase of say, $125,000.00, they are just supposed to accept that their new toy is nothing but a rolling erector set. They are told to drop it off at the dealer and let it sit for months waiting on warranty authorization and repair. Or told to spend thousands of dollars and drive it back to the factory for repair. Yes, the factory that couldn't get it right in the first place. Like momma used to say, if you have nothing constructive to say, keep your fingers off the keyboard.
THANK YOU! Very upsetting when someone comes on with a simple question, then after a few replies wishes he never did.
Old 03-13-2022, 10:47 AM   #63
CHS

Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
NOBODY says any of those things! The posts you “hate” are from folks who already have their coach. They’re surprised and frustrated and most of us here simply are giving them their realistic options. They need to get it fixed, one way or another and they need to be encouraged to maintain a sense of humor in the meantime.
So this is not (any of those things) I'm surprised the guy didn't go out and torch it for the insurance after this statement.

You bought an entry level KIT.
They have lended you cheap flooring, low line microwave, exhaustingly poor radio....
Use them until you decide what fits you best, replace as you go along.

There isnt a single component on your rv that isn't of the least possible value
Old 03-14-2022, 06:04 AM   #64

State: Washington
THOR #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjtbrit1 View Post
Thanks for the response. We are so unhappy with this Windsport 35M. We know we are in an uphill battle with this but I will now bow down too quick fixes. I understand it is not a Lazydays issue , I just want them on board to get it sorted out. Thor already showed me they really do not care about service after the sale. The awning on this coach was falling off in the front and Gander RV in CA were told to just use bigger bolts to fix it. Totally unacceptable to me. I bought new I want new or they can have a y back.
Sucks about your issues, I hope they get them fixed for you. The water leaks are the worst! Before you bring it in check the walls for bumps that is a sign that water is getting in behind the walls. Which means you might also have mold. If that is the case make sure they replace the wall panels. We had a leak on our new coach and it caused all kinds of mold issues.

Rv wall pimples
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9BE7DF7B-18DF-4AAD-BEC5-8FD6A1870CD2.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	36456  
Old 03-14-2022, 12:31 PM   #65

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Following this along and certainly feel for the OP

All of us have experienced issues and resolved them often ourselves

These folks have their plates full and then some

Documentation, phone calls, persistence, flexibility, and a positive attitude will eventually get them as whole as can be
Old 03-14-2022, 01:48 PM   #66

Model: Omni XG32 GONE for good
State: Alabama
THOR #22586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Washington View Post
Sucks about your issues, I hope they get them fixed for you. The water leaks are the worst! Before you bring it in check the walls for bumps that is a sign that water is getting in behind the walls. Which means you might also have mold. If that is the case make sure they replace the wall panels. We had a leak on our new coach and it caused all kinds of mold issues.

Rv wall pimples
Leaks are typically not covered under warranty and the manufacture's position is that's "owner failure to perform maintenance". IF a leak was found perhaps a week after buying then maybe, but otherwise it's something that should have been found and addressed before purchasing. Yes I know that realistically that's very difficult to do and most RV buyers only give cursory inspection to things like that on a new purchase.

But another option, according to some you are only renting a kit. Either take it back to be full assembled, or cancel the lease.
2012 PT Crusader 355BHQ
chunker21 is offline   Reply With Quote