Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-30-2016, 05:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 Vegas 24.1 on E450
State: Tennessee
THOR #2361
Console Air and Cameras Not Working, Vegas 24.1

I have a 2016 Vegas 24.1 on the E450 with a problem. My console air, side and rear view cameras are all dead. They were working fine before I started messing around trying to fix an inop center console 12v power point. I'm away from the camper now but wondered if anyone here knows of a common point between the dash air and the cameras? The console radio is working fine. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Old 05-30-2016, 06:27 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Did you do any dash disassembling while you were debugging the center console?

I'm not sure if the camera's have their own power source or get them from the radio (this arrangement also may be different if you have an Axxera radio or the Jensen--I believe you probably have the Axxera radio given your model year).

If you've removed the radio during debugging perhaps the camera's plugs have come disconnected (alternatively if the Axxera has an external 3 camera controller perhaps the plugs got disconnected from that)?
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 03:18 AM   #3

THOR #2361
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Did you do any dash disassembling while you were debugging the center console?

I'm not sure if the camera's have their own power source or get them from the radio (this arrangement also may be different if you have an Axxera radio or the Jensen--I believe you probably have the Axxera radio given your model year).

If you've removed the radio during debugging perhaps the camera's plugs have come disconnected (alternatively if the Axxera has an external 3 camera controller perhaps the plugs got disconnected from that)?
Good questions Jamie and the obvious thing to check but no. I do have the Axxera but I didn't have to remove the radio or any other parts of the dash. The back of the power point is visible and accessable by laying on the floor and looking up, behind the console.

I started by trying to find fuse #17 in the outside compartment but my bus doesn't have a #17. I have a #70 under the hood for the power point but it was in good shape. I did pull and look at a couple of the fuses in the outside compartment under the driver's seat and perhaps one got blown during an exchange? I'll be checking in a few days when I get back home to the bus.

The documentation from Thor is amazingly inadequate. I'm sure there is a common power connection between the cameras and the air but it's just a wild goose chase because the documentation is so bad. I think Ed needs to buy a 2016 so we'll have an updated manual ;-)
Old 05-31-2016, 04:37 AM   #4

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Cameras and Air

Razor,

I am just shooting into the fog here but let me tell you a similar experience with our 2016 24.1.... I was driving it back home after about a 100 mile trip when I stopped in town and then when starting it back up, the same thing happened as you described. It seemed a bit weird because when I released the ignition key from the start position it seemed somewhat different, as if the key did not return completely to the ON position. I later turned the engine off and restarted it by completely letting go of the key after the START position, getting the key to snap back to the ON position. The AC and cameras all worked fine. I haven't done anything else since this time but I suspect that I will need to have the ignition switch replaced? Kind of strange too that during the PDI at the dealer, the one technician actually got the key stuck in the ignition and the PDI tech could not get the key out for a few minutes. Just sharing my experience.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:49 PM   #5

THOR #2361
That's interesting Earl. Thanks for info. I'll keep the ignition switch in mind as I work through this.
Old 06-02-2016, 01:27 PM   #6

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #4366
On ours, the cab A/C wasn't working because the pressure switch wiring under the hood on the freon line was loose.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:01 PM   #7

THOR #2361
I got back home last night and had a chance this morning to do some troubleshooting on my electrical woes and I'm happy to say I found and fixed the problem. It turns out it wasn't just the dash air and cameras not working. It was also the fog lights, night shade, powered mirrors and wipers. Fortunately the fix was just resetting a popped breaker under the hood. The first picture is with the breaker popped, note the yellow tab extended and the second is with the yellow tab reset.

The question now is what caused it to pop in the first place and I think that it was me. In my previous trouble shooting of the 12v power point I think I pushed the red button in intending to reset when that actually causes a trip. I didn't notice the yellow tab in my haste. Now all is well

Popped

Reset