Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-03-2021, 03:13 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #21704
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
Back to OP...
- Did you run a dedicated cable from park pedestal to a TV?
Then once complete, did you work backwards?
- Did you find the connection box where the main cable enters & all the cables are connected? (in my Vegas, located behind the microwave)

All cable signals were tested and are fine. I had great signals at Beverly beach all last week so my system works fine.. I believe being a 2016 I have the older TV's that are analog and not smarts and the resort has digital signals that are not compatible with out the digital black box!

TY

Old 02-03-2021, 03:24 PM   #22
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I don't recall seeing anything about the status of the OTA antenna booster.
If I missed it:
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 03:26 PM   #23

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Time to add a DISH dome system
You’ll never rely on inconsistent park cable again
And better yet, you can watch all your favorite channels in a Walmart or CrackerBarrel parking lot. (Or in your driveway)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	41633AD9-7C69-40D1-BCA3-92DDCAEEF573.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	379.7 KB
ID:	28410  
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2021, 04:27 PM   #24

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
Hi Beau,

Your always there and thanks to all the others.

Makes sense as the digital TV's have made the others obsolete. TV's are cheap and I think the ones with ROKU add another level. Samsung outdoes them all in my opinion. But I do have the firesticks and the ROKU hooked up so as ong as I get a good internet signel ?? things should be OK

Thanks to all. I do have the wireless IOGEAR and the main TV has the similar attachment you showed. BUT I do not know how to sue that correctly??

Thanks Ed
External TV tuner work two ways. Some of us are old enough to remember when TV sets had a tuner than could receive 12 VHF analog channels (2-13). I won't explain what happened to channel 1. That was VHF TV, then along came UHF analog TV channels. To receive the new channels, it took an external tuner which was a small box that was inserted in the antenna leads to the TV. Remember antenna wire was 300 ohm twin lead and not RG-6 coax (or R-59 coax). You put the TV's tuner on channel 3 or 4 (your choice) and use the external box's to tune the channels. External Qam tuners work the same way, but now days the come with their own remote to control the TV as well as the external tuner. The more expensive ones also allow an external disk drive to record over the air programs.
The newer Qam tuners plug into the TV's USB port and use RG-6 coax from the cable provider to provide the signal. Set the TV input to USB and use the remote that came with the Qam tuner or use your phone if the Qam tuner is so equipped.

Now back to your regular scheduled....
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:02 PM   #25

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
We interrupt this program for an important announcement:

Amazon echo listening for auditory stimulus is nothing new.
I have a 1964 console color tv I'm swapping over from a 25 inch screen to a 32 inch led(which happens to be the correct height, but of course wider. No problem because the old shows are still shown in the old format).
Pictures are on the second or third page of my signature thread.

The console has a built in hidden microphone that is always on, always listening.
It listens for the 'key jingle' sound the remote makes. There's a dog whistle air poof the remote makes on other models. Both are mechanical noises.

The console I had with a built in reel to reel could even listens for voices and then turns on the recorder. (It worked perfectly but had no tv so I parted it out)

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 05:12 PM   #26

Model: 25.2 Axis
State: Arizona
THOR #3471
Quote:
Can anyone help me get connected to my cable. It was working fine at the last stay over the weekend and I moved to new RV spot on the Keys. Cable signel is strong but I can not scan and find any chanels.

I have tried the button, I have tried to scan both TV and cable to locate and set up.

No connections???

I also have an IOGEAR box and can not figure it out. I know thate cable button is next to the cable inlet and not sure if it should be green-or off for regular cable TV.

PLEASE HELP....My wife is bout to destroy me. I did it after I fiddled with the IOGEAR box and tried to connect the VCR.

Just want local cable right now.

Help and thanks

The simple way to fix this problem in the future is go to Walmart buy a smart tv around $150 depending on the size go to otr.com and buy unlimited sim service $100 per month that you plan to use it. Tv service from you tube tv or any you prefer they are all about the same and you can watch tv everywhere you go. Been doing this for 2 years and I’ve had tv everywhere. If your tv will operate on the road you can watch tv then too. Just watch out for oncoming trucks
Old 02-03-2021, 06:02 PM   #27

Model: 2016 Siesta Sprinter 24ST
State: Florida
THOR #2812
[QUOTE=quantum;275481]

I also have an IOGEAR box and can not figure it out. I know thate cable button is next to the cable inlet and not sure if it should be green-or off for regular cable TV.
PLEASE HELP....My wife is bout to destroy me. I did it after I fiddled with the IOGEAR box and tried to connect the VCR./QUOTE]

For cable the green light on the amplifier should be out. (Amplifier off) On for over the air.

"Fiddled with the IOGEAR".. May be the place to start. Check connections.. OR Can you run the pedestal cable connection direct to one of your TV's. If that works then your inside connections are the problem.
1972 Moto Guzzi Eldorado
Hooligan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 07:48 PM   #28
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
The newer Qam tuners plug into the TV's USB port and use RG-6 coax from the cable provider to provide the signal. Set the TV input to USB and use the remote that came with the Qam tuner or use your phone if the Qam tuner is so equipped.

Now back to your regular scheduled....
So you got link to a USB QAM tuner that claims to work on a TV's USB port? Everyone I look at says "Laptop or PC".

I have also never seen a TV that could have any "input" for the USB port other than reading media files on portable storage devices. Some TVs can use the USB port for Keyboards/Mice, some for firmware updates, most for power supply to LED lights or dongles plugged into an HDMI port (Roku, ChromeCast, Firestick) but not any type of video through the USB port itself.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 08:52 PM   #29

Model: Windsport 32R
State: South Carolina
THOR #17209
Cable TV

This may sound stupid but it won't cost you a dime to try it.
If you are hooked to cable, turn off the "green light" which is the antenna booster. You don't need to boost the cable signal. If that doesn't work, you may have a bad booster. We had a problem getting only 4 channels on our TV. The camper next to me had the same antenna and was getting 36 channels. I had to replace the booster and everything is fine. Easy Peasy.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:17 PM   #30

THOR #16623
I had similar issue

I had a similar issue and found that the connection in one of the splicers had loosen. I tightened it and resolved the issue. In my case the splitter was located in a fake drawer under the stove. I pulled it open and found a bunch of cable wires and the splitters. Tighten each one.
Old 02-10-2021, 09:44 PM   #31

Model: 2020 4 Winds 31Y
THOR #20784
Tv

Does anyone know if 2020 Thor 4 winds has QAM TVs?
Old 02-10-2021, 09:55 PM   #32

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Can anyone help me get connected to my cable. It was working fine at the last stay over the weekend and I moved to new RV spot on the Keys. Cable signel is strong but I can not scan and find any chanels.

I have tried the button, I have tried to scan both TV and cable to locate and set up.

No connections???

PLEASE HELP....My wife is bout to destroy me. I did it after I fiddled with the IOGEAR box and tried to connect the VCR.

Just want local cable right now.

Help and thanks
Like others said light off for cable on for antenna. I was wondering I use satellite and last year I made a cable, 50 foot quad shield to run from my tv to the dish and at the end of the season the cable went defective. I took my meter and checked it for continuity and it was bad when I moved it so I cut some cable off and reinstalled the end without tools and it worked for the day. Now I carry two 50' coax just in case one goes bad. Just a bad coax
Old 02-10-2021, 11:36 PM   #33
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullabunk View Post
Does anyone know if 2020 Thor 4 winds has QAM TVs?
Without knowing the Manufacture and Model # that answer would be a "No".

Once you determine that information I'm sure the specifications for the TVs can be found on the interweb.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 04:01 AM   #34

State: New York
THOR #8785
Very Simple Fix: Turn off the Antenna Booster.

little Button usually where coax cover connects to antenna receptacle